test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter: Uprising Q&A Stream!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
We'll be hosting a Q&A with the Mimic King Thomas Foss tomorrow, July 10 at 2pm PDT to discuss the newly announced upcoming module. We will be taking some questions live but priority will be given to questions posted here. Please leave your questions in this thread by 10am PDT tomorrow!

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Some questions...

<font color="yellow">Any updates to crafting/masterwork? Specifically, will we get any new recipes for gear that is relevant at L80? </font> I have been looking at the collections, and I do not see all the new crafting recipes I expected...so, what's happening with crafting? Yes, I know about "craft a dye bottle " to unlock a color, but I am specifically asking about crafting of L80 gear.

<font color="yellow">When will this go on Preview? </font> (edit: it is there already, so ignore this question)

<font color="yellow">This mod is rather PvP-heavy (compared to previous mods), with some good PvP-focused gear. Is this an indication of a shift in direction, with an intention of making PvP more important in the future?</font> I really, really hope not, but it would be good to know.

<font color="yellow">Giant Frog mounts...?seriously? You were supposed to give us giant hamster mounts! Any chance of getting those at some point?</font>

<font color="yellow">The Mad Dash artifact set has an interesting bonus (stand still for 6 seconds, and get a 10% damage bonus for 6 seconds), but the question is if there is a cooldown. In other words, if you just stand still during a long fight, what would the average uptime of this power be?</font>

<font color="yellow">Am I missing something, or are there no new boon points being added ?</font>

Is you-know-who ever going to honor his promisory notes? I mean, it seems he had gold to improve the city, so how about paying us for our hard work, eh ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not a question, but a few observations:

Minimum IL of 24.000 for the new trial looks fine - makes it real end-game content, but might be a bit disappointing for those who started recently, and have been struggling to reach 20K.

Increasing the rating cap by 12K (so stats that previously capped at 68K now cap at 80K) is just what we expected...no surprises there.

The Gith are not a surprise either - The fact that Baldur's Gate 3 features spelljamming mind flayers gave a strong hint about the plans of WotC. We had already been told that there would be a new race this year, but not a new class, so the Gith are the most logical choice, everything considered.

The Lionheart set is somewhat....underwhelming.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Is Why isn't there an artifact called the Fiend Folio?

Will Warlock ever get a review? (eg to address the internal conflicts in the class, like getting bonus healing for having soul sparks but using that resource to power heals, thus making them less effective the more you use them).
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • sprat140#9415 sprat140 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Are their major class balances considerations coming in the next mod? (Specifically warlock healer and fighter dps) please balance them so all are viable for ALL content.
  • aravaleira#9801 aravaleira Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Is the stronghold getting an update i.e. new content or gear. New stronghold level cap? Possibility of new dragonflight gear type gear? Maybe able to level recruiter to 2 for additional cost and additional influence. Could past level 70 dungeons maybe drop coalesced magicks as well.
  • jabberghast#1974 jabberghast Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    This new PvP map... is it just a map or finally another mode? Getting real sick of domination...

Btw.: Have you thought about making ilvl-based PvP-queues? e.g. one for 10k- ilvl 10–15k ilvl, one for 16–20k ilvl and one for 20k+ ilvl?

What do you do for class-balance in PvP?

I think healing-reduction in PvP is bugged. You should check that out.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Will the Gith race be free or paywalled?

Also Githyanki or Githzerai?

“Recrafted early game zones and stories” does this mean the Valindra story is being retired?
    If the story is changing will we be able to play it on existing characters?

(Questions answered by preview.)
    Post edited by obsidiancran3 on
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • ivanrichmaivanrichma Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Will there be class balance changes again, if yes are they going to be as massive as the undermountain?
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    On the far left of the screen, when the 5 Gith Heroes are lined up at the end on the preview, there's one wearing what looks like a short tunic and holding a spear in its right hand. Is that a new Character Class? And if yes is it a monk??
  • dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Omg there are Illithid coming to Undermountain! :open_mouth:
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    A new playable race without a new class? Glad for new content always and hopefully new gear to grind for
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Why no new class? It has been years since we got one.

Also Why did you decide on gith?

Any support planned for smaller guilds?

People Refuse to join non rank 20 guilds and adventurer shards can only be obtained in obsolete zones. Please conciser adding new zones to list where it can be obtained. Sub rank 10 guilds also have an increasingly harder task farming Influence since the
    Level cap increase
    Post edited by mynaam on
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• phoeniraphoenira Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    When is it going to be released on Preview Mimic Server? [3] has already been released

Will there be new ways to gain high quality companion gear (which can now only be obtained from master expeditions - if the player has a lot of luck)? Will there be new companion gear as well or new only character gear?
    Additionally to quests and expeditions, are there other ways planned to make it possible to obtain companion gear in dungeons, skirmishes or trials?

Is the new fashion system only related to the 'fashion tab' or have there been changes to the 'change appearance'-system (transmutes) to override the look of gear as well? has been implemented as asked already on preview

Edit: After viewing and testing stuff on preview server
    Post edited by phoenira on
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Please dont destroy the game. Measure your steps
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    When will this go on Mimic preview?
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • athrogate#3634 athrogate Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Will there be a stronghold update as your current concept is flawed.
    WHY: new players cant join the community and contribute influence to the guild as minimum requirements are 60K ArPen (to cause damage) and 60K Defense (so you dont get trashed), Too reach new requirements need those 8k (Arpen/Defense) boons reached at level 10 structure of GH20. Therefore, low level guilds dont have boons to attract higher end players, and existing players will transfer to level 20 guilds to get boons and run influence. I assume since mod16 launch there has been a reduction in GH progression and with it a loss of community and bonding with other players. I have a growing GH6 guild but difficult to attract members that can run influence, I understand this and my main is in a GH20 within the alliance and I take advantage of their boons and contribute all resources to my guild.(not everyone has this option) Reduce the scaling in GH to allow all members to work together to progress the GH or even add a function were when two members are grouped together in the stronghold their stats increase to 60K so that they can at least complete T1's. Without changes GH progression will die a horrible death.
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    If we get an update to mastercrafting/crafting levels 71-80: Are there plans to change the calendar? Right now there is a double profession weekend ending 1 day before the new module goes live.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Will companion gear be added to Masterwork or lower professions?
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • shakinggamer#3136 shakinggamer Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    are we gonna get a new class soon i whould like to see bard / munk or druid or even necromancer
  • jorsjjorsj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I really want a "class change token" in the Zen Market please.
  • sylanamotara#2368 sylanamotara Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @"athrogate#3634" said:
    > Will there be a stronghold update as your current concept is flawed.
    > WHY: new players cant join the community and contribute influence to the guild as minimum requirements are 60K ArPen (to cause damage) and 60K Defense (so you dont get trashed), Too reach new requirements need those 8k (Arpen/Defense) boons reached at level 10 structure of GH20. Therefore, low level guilds dont have boons to attract higher end players, and existing players will transfer to level 20 guilds to get boons and run influence. I assume since mod16 launch there has been a reduction in GH progression and with it a loss of community and bonding with other players. I have a growing GH6 guild but difficult to attract members that can run influence, I understand this and my main is in a GH20 within the alliance and I take advantage of their boons and contribute all resources to my guild.(not everyone has this option) Reduce the scaling in GH to allow all members to work together to progress the GH or even add a function were when two members are grouped together in the stronghold their stats increase to 60K so that they can at least complete T1's. Without changes GH progression will die a horrible death.

Agreed. I am in a tiny alliance with a small group of friends, and there are maybe a handful of our toons that can do anything in the stronghold area now. I used to be able to solo the minor heroics on my main, now it's all I can do to survive them. It was hard enough to get anything done before, now it's nearly impossible.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    With the new playable race coming, is there any chance that each account will get 1 free race change token? This way everyone would have a chance to try out the new race.
  • huijianhuijian Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    1. Should we be expecting any graphics or audio updates?
    2. Will I ever receive the promised gift code for participating in the somewhat recent "play with devs" event on preview server?
  • xnitrousoxidezxnitrousoxidez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Any long-term plans to add more popular locations such as Waterdeep or Baldur's Gate?
  • jokern9929jokern9929 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Will there be less rng and more of a progression system instead this time? Also where is the toggle for the old mod 15 health bar / avatar picture Thomas. And can you ever add back so we can choose the encounters we want from both paths so it allows for more customization. Cause of right now it barely is any. It would be way better if it was more like city of heroes, maybe not that massive but more customization for powers would be appreciated! Thanks.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    Why Gith and not Gnomes?
    Gnomes are a core race whats the reason why GIth is becoming a playable race? They are not even a core race? Does this relate to Baulders Gate Three?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Why Gith and not Gnomes?
    Gnomes are a core race whats the reason why GIth is becoming a playable race? They are not even a core race? Does this relate to Baulders Gate Three?

This is likely to fit with the theme of Module 17. Gith are one of the main inhabitants of Stardock.