test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invisible attacks CODG?

utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
edited July 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
What's with the attacks in CODG without red or off-center of red? Initially, I only noticed during elevator. The red is shown, but then knock down occurs elsewhere, perhaps centered around a player? That was only an annoyance, but then we had these invisible attacks during tentacle and boss phases (even during push/pull). During tentacles, people would take heavy damage without warning. All of this was fine until latest run where a number of us were thrown up during pull. No one saw any red. Was it lag? Bug? Hidden behind a black vortex? I need my eyes checked?

I don't get it. CODG never had these issues. The only issue I remember was that sometimes you could get pulled/pushed during grasp even after the fix the implemented.

Comments

• bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    I'll confirm this happens as well. For me specifically its right after the push/pull phase. After successfully completing that mechanic, an invisible large AoE kills most people (myself included), and it is next to impossible to tell what it is without some type of additional attack/dps tracker, because the attack is completely invisible, with no audio/visual to let people know to avoid the attack. I suspect its the flurry of small AoE's that hit like a freight truck, but again cannot tell, as its invisible.
  • tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    The attack that oneshots is called Eldritch Blast according to the combat log.
    When it hits its done roughly double my max HP so it wipes out a full rank 13 barkshield and a full healthbar and as far as I can tell its random, no one knows what it is. I've been hit with it during push/pull, just after push pull, and in the main fight with all the other AoE stuff going on.
    So either its a mechanic no one understands, and I mean NO ONE, since everyone I've asked either says nah you died to something else or "what that? never heard of it".
    or it was just ignored/brute forced through previously or its a bug attack and shouldn't be happening at all

Either way I haven't found any info on this attack/mechanic in any of the "tactics" videos or documents/webpages
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

The attack that oneshots is called Eldritch Blast according to the combat log.
    When it hits its done roughly double my max HP so it wipes out a full rank 13 barkshield and a full healthbar and as far as I can tell its random, no one knows what it is. I've been hit with it during push/pull, just after push pull, and in the main fight with all the other AoE stuff going on.
    So either its a mechanic no one understands, and I mean NO ONE, since everyone I've asked either says nah you died to something else or "what that? never heard of it".
    or it was just ignored/brute forced through previously or its a bug attack and shouldn't be happening at all

Either way I haven't found any info on this attack/mechanic in any of the "tactics" videos or documents/webpages

The attack that knocks up the entire party was left in the fight and they removed the red notification circle from it while also making the circle attach to one player in the instance. My tank can survive it while 4 other classes I play all dps/healer will get 1 shot from that attack even with rank 14 barkshields. FYI, I see it as a bug.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Hey guys, I had already reported a few weeks ago, I've made several videos, and the moderator has already been passed to the developers. Now let's wait!

Link

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1249810/codg-with-invisible-red-zones
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! The issue with invisible red zones is being worked on.