What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Content is now too easy

Comments

• utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    chemjeff said:

chemjeff said:

How is it possible that my 20.2k DC with less than 100k power is able to heal a lomm run with no wipes and no deaths?

How did you accomplish that? Any advice?
    If you are in a good group, it is very easy for a DC healer. Conversely, if you are in a bad group, it becomes frantic for a healer.

Ok so no advice then.
    OP made a general statement and you asked a non-specific question about it. I'm not trying to be flippant, but that was valid advice for that short and non specific question - it's a group effort, so get a good group if you don't want to have any deaths as a <100k power healer. Even better would be to play with the same 5-10 people. Then make it even easier by getting everyone on Discord (or any other voice chat). Can you see how the OP's situation is probably not comparable to what you are experiencing?

Or ask about something specific that you are struggling with, otherwise, where would anyone start to answer that question? There's no magic bullet, well, except getting a good group :)

• chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Here is latest update on the difficulty of game.
    Did RAQ, got TONG.
    After 50 min and 3rd wipe on final boss, healer quit.
    We got replacement healer, 3 more wipes, gave up.
    Yeah, game is totally too easy.
    edited July 2019
    Latest update. Tried RIQ. Easy peasy right? Got VT. Took 20 mins to get to final boss. Tried 3 times to beat final boss, couldn't do it, after 55 mins spent. Yeah game is SOOO easy!
    And yes, people were clicking on caskets in final boss room.
    Okay, latest update. RLQ. Got Master of the Hunt. Yay maybe I will be able to finish one random queue today! Took only 4 minutes, mercifully.
    So yes the Mod 1 content appears to be easy. Seeing as how it's now Mod 16, I think that's probably ok.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    if it's level 70 it needs to be too easy.

imo all the recent dungeons from fbi up should be level 80 and the difficulty should be the same as it was before.
    Latest update - tried RAQ on my cleric. Got MSP. Tank ran ahead of group, kept dying, quit in frustration I imagine. So I asked for reinforcement in a channel, got an experienced tank. We managed to finish it in about 45 mins. Had several deaths at last boss, I have no idea how to outheal the boss's curse DOT. But hey we at least finished. So yeah totally a piece of cake.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    PUG has all type of "unskilled"/under geared player. Are people up for the challenge to play with them? or do people prefer playing with skilled player and call the content too easy? Yup. That's right. When u already mastered your class and maxed out your gear but felt removing your gear totally go against the purpose of maxing them, then its time for u to try and play with "unskilled" or under geared player for the challenge u seek. Don't mind me if u already did. I'm just advertising for PUG.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I'm thinking for every poster that states they think the content is "too easy", there is an equal (or greater) number who believe the content is fine as it is or even too hard...

One thing that I tend to notice is some players who know what they're doing seem reluctant - sometimes to the extent of being hostile about it - to try to educate or tutor lesser experienced players, even to the point of complaining about "having to carry" those lesser experienced players instead of looking at it as an opportunity to train pass on their experience to those lesser experienced players. It is of course no player's "responsibility" to pass experience along to lesser experienced players... but one can either scream at the sky, endlessly griping about how some players don't seem to know what they're doing - or they can do something to try to change that.

Then since some groups only allow a limited number of character classes, for instance some instances limit the group to "one healer" etc., a lesser experienced healer healer is never going to benefit from the experience of playing along side a more experienced healer, if they aren't allowed to run the same content - something that seems to have escaped the PTB's when they figured group/party composition.

As a player's character progresses, gets better gear and better learns the mechanics of not only how their character works but how to be more effective against opponents, content is supposed to get easier, that's the whole point and purpose for accumulating better gear, higher boons, etc.. That's what - playing the game - is all about...

But different players progress at different rater and just because some payers have progressed to a point want more difficult content, that doesn't mean every player has progressed to a level where they want more difficult content.

I kind of like the idea put forth in the other thread almost identical to this one... make some content "Master Level" for better equipped and experienced players... Currently we have random: "Leveling Queues" "Intermediate Queues" and "Advanced Queues" but it seems the Advanced queues aren't sufficiently challenging for some players so either make the "Advanced" queues more difficult or add another difficulty level specifically designed for those who have mastered the Advanced content.

But then any mind cognizant of the way things work will recognize that eventually even the most difficult content will become less of a challenge to some players and again the complaint that the game is "too easy" will return.

So speaking with what I believe to be the mindset of a game developer, there comes a time when every offspring must leave home. When the available content no longer holds the interests of some and rather than chasing our tails trying to repeatedly placate a small (but vocal) group, allow those to move on to other realms that will perhaps prove to be more of a challenge to them.

Just a thought ~
    DD~
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    dionchi said:

I'm thinking for every poster that states they think the content is "too easy", there is an equal (or greater) number who believe the content is fine as it is or even too hard...

One thing that I tend to notice is some players who know what they're doing seem reluctant - sometimes to the extent of being hostile about it - to try to educate or tutor lesser experienced players, even to the point of complaining about "having to carry" those lesser experienced players instead of looking at it as an opportunity to train pass on their experience to those lesser experienced players. It is of course no player's "responsibility" to pass experience along to lesser experienced players... but one can either scream at the sky, endlessly griping about how some players don't seem to know what they're doing - or they can do something to try to change that.

This.

As someone whose schedule is pretty random, I don't find a guild's schedule matches mine, so I don't bother with guilds much (I inherited a dead one that I use as storage, lol) and PUGing is my only option. As a semi-casual 18k Rogue, the RIQs I find most difficult are Tiamat, Bank Heist and the end of Valindra. The last two, often, get an abandon vote (I hate that), while Tiamat has people, randomly, dropping out if the heads aren't killed in the first round.

Sometimes people try to teach as they go, including me, and I've noticed what you said. Two other people that were trying to teach in different Tiamat's that failed ended with one saying something like, "Maybe now you'll pay attention" and the other, "Losers". It seems to me that venting on less knowledgeable players is going to have a negative effect, where taking that time to, briefly, restate how to win would've been more productive.
    dionchi said:

As a player's character progresses, gets better gear and better learns the mechanics of not only how their character works but how to be more effective against opponents, content is supposed to get easier, that's the whole point and purpose for accumulating better gear, higher boons, etc.. That's what - playing the game - is all about...

But different players progress at different rater and just because some payers have progressed to a point want more difficult content, that doesn't mean every player has progressed to a level where they want more difficult content.

So speaking with what I believe to be the mindset of a game developer, there comes a time when every offspring must leave home. When the available content no longer holds the interests of some and rather than chasing our tails trying to repeatedly placate a small (but vocal) group, allow those to move on to other realms that will perhaps prove to be more of a challenge to them.

And that.

Before that, maybe people should try teaching randoms? That, to me, seems like the next level after pre-made groups. Not only is running with randoms harder, but trying to teach at the same time goes even farther (it's not just the student that learns from a good teacher). It can get really annoying, but that and not losing your cool are part of the challenge.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    content get easier as your party get passed the 22k il(with right caps for each class)
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    dionchi said:

Just a thought ~

in my experience, players are more then welcome to explain stuff to newer or less experienced players. The problem most of the time is that those unexperienced players dont communicate. Ive been in alot of RAQ and REQ runs where noone answeres a "Hi" in the party chat. If the players would say: "Hey im new to this dungeon could u please explain what i should do/ shouldn't do:" I know noone who wouldnt help them out. But if the ppl in your group dont even bother to communicate and then play "bad" i can understand why someone might complain that he/she has to carry and its getting on their nerves.
    I have even had players in my party who thought they were entiteled to me carrying them. He just stood at each boss fight in FBI and did nothing.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    tom#6998 said:

dionchi said:

Just a thought ~

in my experience, players are more then welcome to explain stuff to newer or less experienced players. The problem most of the time is that those unexperienced players dont communicate. Ive been in alot of RAQ and REQ runs where noone answeres a "Hi" in the party chat. If the players would say: "Hey im new to this dungeon could u please explain what i should do/ shouldn't do:" I know noone who wouldnt help them out. But if the ppl in your group dont even bother to communicate and then play "bad" i can understand why someone might complain that he/she has to carry and its getting on their nerves.
    I have even had players in my party who thought they were entiteled to me carrying them. He just stood at each boss fight in FBI and did nothing.
    Aye, people seems to have some sort of inhibition admitting they are new and clueless to a dungeon. This leads to unnecessary wipes, I'll claim that *all* groups should handle RIQ and RLQ with little problems as long as they know what they do(Bank Heist excepted). Tiamat is not hard when done right. VT Valindra is not hard when done right.

Very much of the perceived 'difficulty' in game now stems from people not knowing tactics.

Pre-mod 16 everything was just brute-forced since game was so badly balanced, now that (endboss) tactics is required again people do not know what to do. Nor does it help that a sizeable portion of the really old veterans(that know the various tactics from old days) seems to have left as a consequence of the mod 16 mess.

If you do not know the tactics for a zone, inform the group. And if someone in group tries to explain the tactics, listen.
    tom#6998 said:

dionchi said:

Just a thought ~

Yeah, I agree. Some people in this game need to realize its not an obligation for other people to help u. But some people need to understand, they cant blame player for being unskilled/noob. Everyone has their own learning/progress capability. Some player learn/progress fast and some figure things out at slower pace. Its always better to be tolerance and appreciative towards each other than blaming people for not helping or for being a noob. Even in real life, if u have the correct attitude towards people around u, a lot of unnecessary confrontation can be avoided. It doesn't matter if people step on your toe 1st. If u are able to forgive, u are already a better man.

My advice on dealing with self entitled people are to let him know that u are not obligate to help him but u chose to help him. If he doesn't put in the effort, u can always choose to help other who will.
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Hello there!
    100% agree on trying to teach random players mostly ends in a frustrating waste of time (no communication,plenty of bots, afk, naked toons, flaming, or plainly expecting other to carry them with no interest into learn). Happened very rarely to get new friends/guildies in there. I strongly believe that social aspect are quite crucial in a MMORPG but I prefer to avoid dramas while I am playing so mostly skip any potential unpleasant scenario :)
    Issue IMO lies in Guilds, they should be a WIN-WIN trade: long term bonds (time spent teaching becomes an investment not a cost), easier socializing, teaming up and providing information, and why not carrying if needed at start, in exchange of donations. Some people understand that, but happens them to become a drama feast or a boon container, that's fine too, as long nobody is in need of help.
    Want to add at last that game is providing more than decent tools to get AD and valuable items, such as weekly quests, legacy campaign, guild mark farming, master expeditions (with the chance to add rune bonus) and temporary events on top of that and get players entertained while reaching the right gear to run a content without getting carried.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    My experience is not that people dont communicate.

My experience is that when I run with bad players, and this is very common, I start telling them what they do bad or what should they do, and they answer that they know everything and start insulting.

You cant help that kind of people, even if you want.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor

My experience is not that people dont communicate.

My experience is that when I run with bad players, and this is very common, I start telling them what they do bad or what should they do, and they answer that they know everything and start insulting.

You cant help that kind of people, even if you want.

Agreed. Some player are best to be left alone till they figure it out themselves or till they are willing to ask for advice. Pride isn't something easy to overcome. Best is to ask for kick if u choose not to babysit and carry on with your activities.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

This is true. I have found howerver, that if you get the bank heist in RIQ, a lot of random groups aren't able to do it. One player cannot carry that run, no matter how strong they are - because you need at least one decent player on each portal to contain mobs.

That is true. Bank Heist got some tuning problems at the moment, it is way too hard. You need a fairly massive dps to be able to keep up with the spawns. I would actually call Bank Heist bugged.

Bank Heist is not representative for the majority of the RIQ runs though.
    When I do randoms 80% of the time I get bank heist. I usually will just do some LoMM and a REQ premade for my rAD this mod and be done with it. Those that have to do RIQ/RAQ for their rAD I feel bad for this mod.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

> @lantern22 said:

> Here is a radically new way of looking at this problem, with a "thinking outside the square" solution.

>

> How about . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

>

> A normal version of dungeons for the pug groups and . . . . . . . . .

> An epic version of the dungeons that are aimed at the well geared & coordinated groups

>

> I know its a bit out there, but just a thought.

Or how about developers ignore all of the crybabies so they do not have to nerf dungeons that even a toddler can do it with no problems, i know alot of community players are suffering from diseases, i know that because i read the threads they created with mod 16, so i dont think we need 2 versions of the same dungeons, we just need more dungeons that are difficult, noy nerfed. Can the community do that? I dont think so, theres problably few people that actually would run difficult content, if people would actually want difficult content just make a thread asking for scrolls of mass life to be nerfed to max of 1 to be used in a dungeon.

My gut feeling is that the devs made RIQ just as hard as RAQ in the old system to help with the issue of too much AD in the game. What better way to lower the amount of AD in the game than to stop the way people earn it. If your able to get your 100k a day rAD then you are in good shape. Those that are new to the game essentially don' t have the stats to help in the content as well as don't play their class as well as needed for most of the RIQ. Will this get better I think it will eventually as the new players get better. Right now, there is a just going to be a bunch of nashing of teeth on this mod as it essentially took a lot from a lot of different players. Mod 17 just needs to be a good one.

I could get behind a max of say 5 downs for scrolls to where they stop working until a 5 minute cool down timer gives you another one. Lets say that also the stronghold boon for res sickness reduces this time giving those guilds who have it a reason to get that boon plot as they took away the lifesteal and gave accuracy which nobody wants.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    It's impossible to tune the game to BiS End-game premade groups, that are no-lifeing the game, and know all synergies and bugs, and at the same time make the very same content doable by medium geared endgame toons...

Modifiers that can be set by the party, is an easy way to make the same dungeon enjoyable by all players, but there has to be a decent reward for maxing difficulty.

And if you really just want to chanllenge yourself, remove your Bondings, or just use lower ranks of ´whatever floats your boat...
    edited July 2019
    tom#6998 said:

dionchi said:

Just a thought ~

Agreed, there seems to be much less communication among players in the party than there was several (five for example) )years ago. I've been in a bare handful of queues where anyone even bothers to say anything at the beginning... for the most part the more experienced players (and even some lesser equipped and experienced players) immediately take off running -whether or not everyone else has queued in- and appear to think everyone else should just follow along.

Then again people, particularly many of those who post here on the en (English) forum, sometimes tend forget that the game isn't exclusive to English speaking players even on this server... I saw someone posting in PE the other day where someone was ranting: "This is an English speaking game! Players need to learn to speak English!"... The poor poster was not only under a serious misconception - but also appeared to me to be full of themselves, but I just wrote it off to frustration and anger instead of putting the poster on ignore.

The greatest aid as far as I'm concerned is to keep a couple of things in mind; The first being not everyone in the game speaks English, which is why I think a drop down menu of basic statements (from a number button) that can be translated to the appropriate language should be attached to a right click of everyone's avatar...
    • 1- "Hi"
    • 2- "I'm new here"
    • 3- "Slow down please"
    • 4- "I need help!"
    • 5- "Do you need help?"
    ought to do it for starters. Players can right click on their avatar and press - #1 "Hi", right click again and press - #2 "I.m new here, right click on the avatar and press - #3 I need help! to communicate an entire relevant message before play even starts or can be queued at anytime during game play.

The last thing is Stay Together!!... A lot of other things can be conveyed non verbally if everyone stays together in a group instead of all spread out.

Those who take off before everyone else is even in the queue, or take off and leave the party behind, are not "carrying" other players - they're trying to solo the content - there's a difference. Just like I believe there's a difference between having a leech in the party and saying other players "expect to be carried" -there's a difference there too-

Me, I recognize no player knows another players configuration, skills or experience so I just stay with the group, or with the player who appears to be struggling in the hopes of making the instance go faster.
    lantern22 said:

Here is a radically new way of looking at this problem, with a "thinking outside the square" solution.

How about . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

A normal version of dungeons for the pug groups and . . . . . . . . .
    An epic version of the dungeons that are aimed at the well geared & coordinated groups

I know its a bit out there, but just a thought.

Don't they already have "Leveling, Intermediate and Advanced" queues and don't they also have the means to queue a private or pre-made party like: "Need a healer for a quick RAQ run"?

So long as people continue to queue for "Random" runs, they should know they're going to get a random PUG group and content that may seem "Easy" to them.

If people really want more difficult content, ask for a pre-made group where the other players all have the bare minimum requirements... I bet that would be a challenge. :grimace:

Play Smart - Play Well - Have Fun,
    DD~
    edited July 2019
    -delete please-
    DD~
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    not everyone said it is easy, to other players it is harder since some are newer players and some are returning with poor gears and clueless.
    since mod 16 made some returning players get more frustrations and some oitdated enchants and insignas that we dont use.

so, i say, dont make it any harder, if you want hardcore, downgrade yourself or play other game Dark Souls or Wizardry, or Darkest Dungeon where you party gone mad and insane as you go deeper.

some cant play "Tales of the Old" event. just ask the devs if they may have time to create same dungeons only for hardcore play while others choose to play standard dungeon or pick hardcore as optional dungeon if they dare.
    Barovia's Hunt and the scale of challenges is right on par, and threshold for some players finding their own limits, and work on some flaws on character's builds.
    to have new copies of dungeon zones, they should have some "challenge shards" to get in hardcore versions like we used "tarot cards" for hunt settings.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

chemjeff said:

To those who think the game is too easy, why not share some tips on how to complete the content?
    How is it that you are able to do CR in 35 mins?

We had players who knew the mechanics, and were communicating in discord when to move. Funnily enough, (and no, I swear to *** that I am not trolling or joking), this was my first CR run ever. (everyone else in the party had run it before). Understanding the mechanics for the sisters, and then for the final boss, knowing when to move, where to stand - once you figure that out, there really isn't any challenge with it. The only important thing is to make sure you have 2 healers in the group, not one. We did this run with 1 tank, 2 healers, 2 DPS, and I think that is what made it such a smooth run.
    Also, you found it easy because you had 2 healers. Try the 3 1 1 composition.
    I did that yesterday. Me on CW, a guildie on TR, and a guildie on OP tank random queued for CR. We were able to beat it with a pug healer and a pug dps who hit for nothing.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited July 2019
    chemjeff said:

Latest update. Tried RIQ. Easy peasy right? Got VT. Took 20 mins to get to final boss. Tried 3 times to beat final boss, couldn't do it, after 55 mins spent. Yeah game is SOOO easy!
    And yes, people were clicking on caskets in final boss room.

Hm, have you considered maybe trying a different build? I don't know any endgame players who have struggled with VT in a *long* time. Perhaps trying something that will help you or your party do more damage is the solution here. Doohickey's are helpful for killing things.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    chemjeff said:

Latest update - tried RAQ on my cleric. Got MSP. Tank ran ahead of group, kept dying, quit in frustration I imagine. So I asked for reinforcement in a channel, got an experienced tank. We managed to finish it in about 45 mins. Had several deaths at last boss, I have no idea how to outheal the boss's curse DOT. But hey we at least finished. So yeah totally a piece of cake.

Perhaps asking some more experienced healers how they do it is a good solution to this problem.

In general, nothing in this game is impossible, once you understand the mechanics. Just because YOU don't know how to do it doesn't mean that others don't know how to do it. When I get stuck like this, I ask my guild or my friends, and they usually have advice on how to play against this mechanic.

Alternatively, you can always come and complain on the forums that it's too hard to play the game, since you don't understand the actual content. I tend to think that usually when I'm stuck or struggling, the problem is with me, and not with the game - and that philosophy hasn't failed me yet.
    dulopa4e1d9.png