test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Snipers Perk stacking max is x2 ? and stacking damage in general

arcanousarcanous Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
Been trying to get snipers perk (3% to ranged damage) up past x2 , but no matter what i equip i.e x2 rings 3% ranged damage + hags rags + eye stalk wrappers no matter what combo i use the top left status bar only indicates x2 snipers perk so is this the max i can equip no matter how many different types of gear i use?

also noticed if you have 2x snipers perk 3% to ranged damage, that if you add gear with say 3% to encounter or at wills or dailies this won't show up in your status bar? so the max you can add to your ranged damage is 6% total no matter how you jiggle it about? does this also apply to damage from companions gifts like siege master damage to at wills hunting hawk (now broken anyway) does there damage proc stack differently to your gears so it does combine to a damage bonus or is it all stuck at the 6% flat limit? if so are we again wasting our time up grading companions and gear if this is the case? i.e owlbear proc hasn't worked since mod 16 even though says fixed 2 patches back

i have noticed that if you equip swordmans perk rings or gear of 3% to melee damage that stacks to x2 6% as well as your ranged snipers perk so if you have combat archery build ballenced you get the 6% to both attacks but it still seems you can't get around the 6% max by adding at will, encounter, daily proc's?

so is this working as intended or is it another mess where things don't work as ( insert cryptic dev excuse or mistake here) with math stacking? I would like to get your thoughts guys as it gets frustrating trying to get the most damage out of a build and investing tons of time and AD to do only to be stopped cold by things not working as they should!

ty for your time

Trick

Comments

• ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Only ranged/melee dmg bonus is stacking up to 2 and showing icon, rule of thumb for other buffs is no buff icon and not stacking with same bonus, different tiers are stacking. Don't remind other exceptions at the moment.
    Have a nice day.