test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

incentives for pvp

superstevenshusuperstevenshu Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited May 2019 in PvP Discussion
add more rewards to pvp, create some pvp-unique items, either for pvp domination or transmutation, so people will have more incentives to play. Nowaways there is hardly even 5 public match happen within one day (plz check records this is not exeggerating). For a big MMO game with complete pvp system, this seems wierd. Time to have some change for pvp @nitocris83
Post edited by superstevenshu on

Comments

• wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    ya pvp is DEAD and bring back the old storming the castle because that is DEAD also :(
  • leonidrexleonidrex Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    @superstevenshu big mmo? compleate pvp system? what? are we playing the same game my man ?
  • john#7584 john Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Das PvP bei NeverWinter war mal echt sehr gut ( die Betonung liegt auf war ! ) aber seit dem Bots Alarm ist das PvP total Sinnlos geworden. Wer ist und bleibt gerne der 100 %tige Verlierer ?
  • bolcbolc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    agreed.
  • eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User

Pvp is dead because of bugged items and players throwing games to help friends/guilds win

Plus whats left of pvpers is so extremely toxic that people arent quite "allowed" by them to play pvp with them with absence of broken bugged items.
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User

add more rewards to pvp, create some pvp-unique items, either for pvp domination or transmutation, so people will have more incentives to play. Nowaways there is hardly even 5 public match happen within one day (plz check records this is not exeggerating). For a big MMO game with complete pvp system, this seems wierd. Time to have some change for pvp @nitocris83

Now there are almost 0 public match. Hope that they will do something for bring back ppl in dominion, should be even easier now for pve player too do well enough in dominion. For sure a rewards, or , if now, some good item that can be acquired with glory, better then nothing. I reached a point where, i log in, prey, take my key, que for dominion, do all my master expedition. Not a single pop for pvp...logout.

Damn, another day without one damn que for pvp. I really dont understand what will happen add a random drop in dominion with the new equip , like is now for pve, maybe with a different %, but add them so ppl will join. well, time to logoff for today
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    2 birds with one stone could be felled with a few Changes.
    The game is often weak with simple theming items such as simple wizard robe Fashion items, a witch hate, some gaurd armor fashion pieces or other low level trinkets that won't ill effect PvE.
    These could be rewards for PvP matches. A PvP currency called "Bet tickets" or something could let PvP's gain rewards from friendly sparing matches with other players.

Seriously why is the idea of enticing players to play a game so hard a concept? There is an antiree PvP zone shoehorned into Icewind dale but not a " How about a freindly match for rewards" from sgt.knox and he gives you a cool hat or something.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Since matches with decent teams takes 10 mins maybe add in rewards from early dungeons like kessels or shores.

Problem with rewards is people throwing matches (boon farming proved) and the same people with bugged items winning every match. Basically you would just be putting rewards in for those top teir people who will throw matches for a price.
  • terylionterylion Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    They should made something like league or something, ppl who are in top 3 after 3 month get some very good rewards:) that will be something new and fresh:) i mean something really good:) for example enchant r15 , legendary mounth, maybe even Vip for 3 month, something like that:) that will something really cool. I think ppl will start to play pvp for more than just 1 daily win. that will be ok i think:)
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    terylion said:

They should made something like league or something, ppl who are in top 3 after 3 month get some very good rewards:) that will be something new and fresh:) i mean something really good:) for example enchant r15 , legendary mounth, maybe even Vip for 3 month, something like that:) that will something really cool. I think ppl will start to play pvp for more than just 1 daily win. that will be ok i think:)

The Neverwinter Champion's League was a success in getting more people to PvP for a while NOT because of great prizes for the top tier of PvPers, but because it also awarded tokens for just completing matches that could be turned in for kind of cool and unique stuff. It was the draw of the lower end prizes that really brought people in (Lets face it, if you give prizes to only the top handful of players nobody will bother - 95% of the game is not at all competitive in PvP and avoid it like the plague). Not to say you can't or shouldn't have prizes for the winners .... but for this to work you need lower tier prizes for those who compete as well.

You ALSO need to go through the set of "BiS" PvP gear and disable most of the cheesy bugged items people tend to use in PvP - otherwise all you will end up doing is reminding the general population why they hate PvP.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    M17
    Elite Whaleboy
    M16, the situation is even worste of what i thinked. At start of the module, was ok, ppl don't queue for pvp, need to farm the new gear and so on, but now, if there are 15 match a day i will be surprised. Dev, you really need to adress this problem asap, there are almost no queue.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Pvp there is no need to que..

This is why...

Bis players destroy non bis in seconds...

Bis vs bis some matches it's like god.mode vs God mode .... no one dies..

Pvp needs a rehaul...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    This is funny. People spending time, effort and money to come up with awesome pvp bis builds with high hp, high healing then complain about god mode, can’t kill other bis ppl. Well yeah cos ppl purposely built this way. Then we have ppl using broken classes wondering why ppl don’t q for pvp lol. Imho, incentives is just part of the equation. The other part is leveling the playing field. Making pvp more skill based instead of gear based. U see the best pvp games out there are not mmo. Old games like counter strike and fighting games like street fighter still have ppl playing. Why? Because it’s all about skill. U suck? Well practice more, not use the plastic card more.
  • angrycat#6319 angrycat Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I think they should add an option with the scaling (to 14k ilvl for example);
    remove pet's boons and bring back healing depression, tenacity;
    give some rewards like 12k ad for pvp with no scaling, 8k ad for pvp with scaling.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I think they should add an option with the scaling (to 14k ilvl for example);
    remove pet's boons and bring back healing depression, tenacity;
    give some rewards like 12k ad for pvp with no scaling, 8k ad for pvp with scaling.

But... but... but... then they can't ROFL-stomp the PuGz…
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Reason why people avoid pvp is because too much bad rumour about it being broken in mod16 going on. I remember the other day when a new player asked about pvp in PE, tons of negative response are being showered upon him. Not gonna lie, I'm affected as well.
  • lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Of course. I don't blame them. Imagine you q for pvp dom solo thinking you can handle yourself in a fight. You go down to mid, suddenly get cc-ed out of nowhere then Ram, Bam Thank you M'am, you are dead. You are back in campfire. Ok maybe its a one-off, gotta be more careful. Then you go again. Same thing happens. You do not know what the fark is happening. Before you know it, your KD is like 0 kills and 100 deaths. Then people start to fk you in chat. Hey do you know what you are doing? Noob! Get the fark outta here! Very soon, you get kicked from the match. Tell me.. which newcomer to pvp will say good things about pvp?
    lemollen said:

Of course. I don't blame them. Imagine you q for pvp dom solo thinking you can handle yourself in a fight. You go down to mid, suddenly get cc-ed out of nowhere then Ram, Bam Thank you M'am, you are dead. You are back in campfire. Ok maybe its a one-off, gotta be more careful. Then you go again. Same thing happens. You do not know what the fark is happening. Before you know it, your KD is like 0 kills and 100 deaths. Then people start to fk you in chat. Hey do you know what you are doing? Noob! Get the fark outta here! Very soon, you get kicked from the match. Tell me.. which newcomer to pvp will say good things about pvp?

And this is the real reason PvP is dead. What kind of incentives are you going to add to make people put up with the level of abuse most new people get in PvP?? And if you DID put in enough incentives to get new people in there the first thing all the old PvPers will do is complain that PvP is just full of new players who don't know what they are doing and just want the rewards.

if the Devs really want to make PvP part of the game that people actually play, there is alot they need to do to fix it so it's fair and fun for everyone. A good start might be ...

1) Scale everyone to the same level (Say 15K .. or 18K .. or whatever)

2) Disable all set/item bonuses and powers, especially those that have a CC effect

3) Give EVERY power two sets of stats/effects - One for PvP and one for PvE. This way things like the times for stuns and other control effects can be tailored to be reasonable for PvP.

4) Remove Votekicks from PvP and make the rewards conditional on scoring some number of points through kills/assists/capping points

5) Add Some rewards to make it actually worthwhile (Sizable number of raw AD, plus some RP and perhaps a chance for marks/enchanting stones or similar)

6) Add a reporting system to report and ban abusive players

None of these are ever going to be put into place I am sure, but until something like that is done, PvP will continue to be a ghost town populated by angry people who shun new blood while lamenting the fact that nobody wants to play with them.
    yeah. all of u about complaining, insulting, lamenting, have right. I agree with that, older pvpers shoudnt complain about someone new who decide come to try pvp. this is normal that player doesnt know what he/she exacly should to do in match. but... that player should watch what happent arround, that player, if want to play pvp, should ask other older players about mechanics system and more.
    Ofcourse some of u say " yeah but that players dont want to share about theirs builds , they dont want help"
    The problem with that situation is just one. There is no guild wars, premade vs premade, everyone just cares only about himselves. thats why older player dont care about new players.
    Another sad situation is, when u finelly get a match, and u see opponents and ur team, and u can say "yes finelly can be good match, couse there is alot of good players". And after 30 sek u can say "GG" becouse one of ur team mates decide running on bridge, or hide, or even just stay on campfire. Problm is with GS scalling, couse for example u have 5v5, 4v5 have 23k gs and one "super" new? alt? troll? come to pvp with 15kgs... so when i see that i dont even want to start play, couse this is no sense.

New combat system isnt perfect, but the mechanic is quite balance. Every clas have chance to be tank, every class have chance to be more or less dps. Even dc can deal huge dmg. so, all what pvp is need is GS scalling, and new reward, but really good rewards, not just 3 or 4 more paridots. couse that rewards is like u will et nothing.

believe or not u give US i mean pvpers and all of ppl chance to get super rewards, believe me or not, many players start to play pvp, and should even start spend alot of money rto be more powerfull. So i think Cryptic should be happy with that resoult:)
  • treentbail21#9864 treentbail21 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Sounds great and all guys but sws amd barbarians are still the worst pvp classes because of our dodge mechanic being so bad in comparison. Not to mention the fact that the barbarian can only move like 50 ft before he's winded and his stamina takes like 30 seconds to restore... At least put the stamina Regan back on battlefury..
  • angrycat#6319 angrycat Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    terylion said:

Every clas have chance to be tank, every class have chance to be more or less dps.

that's not true actually, warlock can't be "dps" or even decent healer/tank(not close to cleric, by the way cleric is the most powerful dd right now/or healer).
    edited July 2019
    ofcourse have a chance. but on top lvl i mean pvpers, almost no one can kill eachother becouse that ppl know how to made own char. and if want to clear someone u must use team work as a clear, that mean in the same time using daily against one target, and full rotation, than u can kill anyone. Its hard ofcourse, but u can do it.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Too many classes just stink in the game right now in PvP compared to others. The balance isn't there. Too much gear from PvE is broken in PvP. Changes in PvE have a huge effect on those in PvP. The player base is low and when a new person to the game plays the difference in their abilities to a veteran is so big that it is like giving a handicap to the other team. This almost always means a sure loss and players hate playing when the balance is more than 3% to 5% difference. The balance right now is so great that it is like having a 20 year old who is in the shape of their life fight a 5 year old. The fact that it takes a year or more to fully get to this veteran status in game means your probably going to hit 10,000 losses before you hit 100 wins.

The real question is this:
    Would veterans be willing to shrink their advantage to next to nothing if it meant that pvp picked up to where it kicked off every 1-3 minutes of queue time?
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
    edited July 2019

The real question is this:
    Would veterans be willing to shrink their advantage to next to nothing if it meant that pvp picked up to where it kicked off every 1-3 minutes of queue time?

Lets say the devs actually made a queue that when you entered did the following:
    - Replaced ALL your gear with a standard set of gear (everyone gets the same set)
    - All artifacts are replaced with standard artifacts like the ones given out in the intro Barovia quest
    - Disabled all mount and companion bonuses and powers (including insignia powers and bonuses)
    - Used only low rank weapon and armor enchants (part of the standard gear)
    - Your character could keep your powers, feats and boons, but otherwise you are using the standard gear

This "Fair" (more or less as people's builds/classes will vary) would probably be popular among new players, but avoided by the veterans, who for the most part are here to ROFL Stomp the new players anyhow ...

After all, this is why the "veteran PvPers" abandoned the Premade queue when the solo queue came out - no more new players in the premade queue to ROFL Stomp, just other premades.