test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My paladin (new player)

crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
edited June 2019 in The Citadel
Sup folks!
I have some thoughts/issues with my paladin, ive been reading alot guides here and other sites.
The thing is, im using a bit from the guides though im a new player but i dont know.. in for examples, skirmrish,heroics and stuffs, and i see ppl doing extremely good dmg(no matter what class) and i am always at top worst.
Its like the hp bar at the mobs barerly moving sometimes. (when solo questing its ok).
So, is the paladin this way after mod16,too bad gear? Or am i doin something really wrong with my paladin.
It feels like, my lvl68 warlock could beat the HAMSTER out of it :(

The really only thing that works well, is the healing. I often takes the 1st place, even with other healers in same grp.

Going Oahtkeeper
My Stuff:
Gear: Some blackened jaw,spy guild,vistani shield and mace.
Putted in some radiant,dark enchantments as the guides say.. but maybe it is crazy wrong? Some others too.. much on power,defense,crit strike,crite aviodness,combat advance are leading powers (power at 60k)

at will: valorous,divine fulmination
daily: divine/radiant , Lay on hands
composure, blessed wanderer/aura of life

encounter:
Divine touch,bane/smite, circle of power

feat
critical touch
prayer of opportinity
SoA
Divine intervention
emissary of Warding

ability
str 11
con 21
dex 13
int 21
wis 20
char 21

Maybe someone good palla player have some tips/hints for me?

Im a log off, checking this out later this day.
Excuse my bad english.

Have a good one out there!
Alizia
Post edited by crusthelvete on

Comments

• tebtengri#5279 tebtengri Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Following to see answers
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    As much power as possible, crit over defense stats. Outgoing healing comps in slots. Vorpal. Proc critical Touch cast DT.
    That's all I need for my Oathkeeper. Feats all the upper ones.
    This all leads to the most comfortable runs in lomm in my case. I only had to abandon once hwere the tank run 46 defense 40 deflect and awarness and could not hold aggro with 80k power, horrible experience.
    I think strengths is wasted on paladin in general.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    If you are running Paladin your damage will always be low in group content (all else being equal).

The main thing is upgrading your gear.

Complete all of Undermountain and get to level 80, then do your 3x Master Expeditions a day (“all of Undermountain” includes the quests given by following the path from Vanrakdoom to the Barmaid, to Neverember’s Emissary to the Relic npc’s quests).

In Master Expeditions you are looking for Ebonized/Prized weapons, then you need to decide what Artifact weapons you want to farm for (Alabaster, Watcher, Burnished). You will also get other gear upgrades here as well.

Make sure you focus RP on your Bonding Runestones at this time, then Artifacts, then Enchants (offence->utility->defence). Weapons take priority over all once you have the set you want. Neck/Belt fit in Artifacts and take priority because you want the extra slots.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    Hi all!
    Sry for late answer, i am horrible at checking my forum :)

Wanna thank u all for the hints and tips, much appreciated.
    This is a big part why i like the playerbase in this game, people are very helpful.

Im coming from age of conan, there ppl are really rude..everywhere..

Cheers!
    edited July 2019

This is what it is atm.. dunno, think it is ok? Then what gear should i aim for? not really sure about that :7
    Dont mind that awful gear, its that Vandrakdoom disguise :)

https://imgur.com/a/VSlPtee
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited July 2019

This is what it is atm.. dunno, think it is ok? Then what gear should i aim for? not really sure about that :7

I know why u don't do damage. Your damage is filtered by both mob's defense and deflect stat. Pre mod 16, your damage will only be filter by mob's defense. So content are still doable. Since they add accuracy into the game in mod 16, your damage will be filtered twice by the mob's deflect and defense stat. These why new player these days does no damage. If ur damage is deflected, u do half of your original damage and then it is further decreased by the mob defense stat. I think u get a lot of deflect with 20k accuracy even in Intermediate content. U might want to get it to 68k ideally although 50-60k is enough to see a difference in lower level content.

In my opinion, the accuracy stat only make new player life difficult. It does not do anything to higher ilvl player since they could easily cap it at 68k.
    edited July 2019
    kangkeok said:

I know why u don't do damage. Your damage is filtered by both mob's defense and deflect stat. Pre mod 16, your damage will only be filter by mob's defense. So content are still doable. Since they add accuracy into the game in mod 16, your damage will be filtered twice by the mob's deflect and defense stat. These why new player these days does no damage. If ur damage is deflected, u do half of your original damage and then it is further decreased by the mob defense stat. I think u get a lot of deflect with 20k accuracy even in Intermediate content. U might want to get it to 68k ideally although 50-60k is enough to see a difference in lower level content.

In my opinion, the accuracy stat only make new player life difficult. It does not do anything to higher ilvl player since they could easily cap it at 68k.
    my english is not the best, but as u say i should app accuracy more to do more damage?
    did some changes, putted in runestones at comapanions etc as i got tips from the others so now its looking like this
    https://imgur.com/a/a1TaOjM

sry about the link, this image url stuff dont really work properly?
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    You don’t do damage because:
    your Armor Penetration, Critical Strike, Accuracy and Power are all 40k too low.

Get an Augment pet that is at least blue (purple or legendary are obviously best) as a start, then get your Bonding stones to Rank 12 ASAP.

Finish Undermountain.
    Make sure you get 9 Relics in the Expedition to Terminus. (Leave and restart it if you do not.)
    The companion gear you get from finishing Undermountain and the Terminus Expedition in a Blue Augment with Rank 11 or 12 Bondings will get you that stat gain.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited July 2019

You don’t do damage because:

your Armor Penetration, Critical Strike, Accuracy and Power are all 40k too low.

Get an Augment pet that is at least blue (purple or legendary are obviously best) as a start, then get your Bonding stones to Rank 12 ASAP.

Finish Undermountain.

Make sure you get 9 Relics in the Expedition to Terminus. (Leave and restart it if you do not.)

The companion gear you get from finishing Undermountain and the Terminus Expedition in a Blue Augment with Rank 11 or 12 Bondings will get you that stat gain.

Ty for tips, my stats is abit highet now, so u saying these named ones should be up around 60k? or even higher?
    Dont remember exactly but those are about 50k+ atleast now.

Bonding stones i think was rank11, all 3, having this frog as an companion atm and its upgraded to lvl35.
    Im unsure here, havent that many companions .. if i should go for another one instead. But the frog gives me most power of those i have.

It going quite well atm but still abit lack of dmg output so ill try rise these even more.

Once again, ty, and all other for the inputs!