test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New equip vs old equip

arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
I see crypt work a lot on new equip but atm endgamer dps meta still using this old equip 4 theyr boost %dps up.im ok with that and enjoy this but im think yu know we still use old old old old gear as bis ?its kinda fun just 4 me? But ikr with time prob we can forgot old equip,i hope we will go new mod,new mecs new equip bis :)

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Well we used High Vizier for years so maybe in mod 20 people stop using this items and find new shinny toys.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    It's sad that people are still running a mod 9 set (Demonlord's), but I understand why. It's pretty much BiS across the board for dps classes. Problem is that mod 9 launched 3+ years ago and they haven't brought in anything new to actually compete with it from a bonus standpoint. All the new set bonuses are tied to using a daily which doesn't occur too often these days. Probably the 2nd best bonus at this point is from the Lostmauth set. The Apprentice set is nice for those looking to cap Combat Advantage given that it has nearly 7k from the full set.

Personally I think they should bring back armor set bonuses like before mod 6. Sets with a 2 and 4 piece bonus and multiple equal stat sets like with the old T1 and T2 sets. From a stat perspective in mod 16 there's almost no difference between running around with Spy's Guild armor or Halaster's Successor armor.

56 Points in Combined Rating
    336 Power
    140 Points in additional stats

Spy's Guild can easily be obtained thru Master Expeditions collecting Seals of the Mountain while Halaster's Successor is only obtained by completing Lair of the Mad Mage and then collecting 1200 of the required Essences to upgrade. For that small amount of a stat increase it's not even a little bit worth it.

I'd create bonuses something like this:

Ranger Set 1:

2 pieces: increase melee damage by 5%, gain 20 AP every second in combat, increase movement by 5%
    4 pieces: increase melee damage by 10%, gain 40 AP every second in combat, increase movement by 10%

Ranger Set 2:

2 pieces: increase ranged damage by 5%, reduce cooldowns by 2 seconds, increase daily damage by 5%
    4 pieces: increase ranged damage by 10%, reduce cooldowns by 4 seconds, increase daily damage by 10%

Ranger Set 3:

2 pieces: increase encounter power damage by 20%, reduce at-will and daily power damage by 10%
    4 pieces: increase encounter power damage by 40%, reduce at-will and daily power damage by 20%

Wizard Set 1:

2 pieces: Increase ranged power damage by 5%, reduce cooldowns by 2 seconds, increase AP gain by 5%
    4 pieces: increase ranged power damage by 10%, reduce cooldowns by 4 seconds, increase AP gain by 10%

Wizard set 2:

2 pieces: Increase AoE damage by 5%, gain 20 AP every second in combat, increase daily power damage by 5%
    4 pieces: Increase AoE damage by 10%, gain 40 AP every second in combat, increase daily power damage by 10%

Wizard Set 3:

2 pieces: Increase damage of all powers by 3%, gain 30 AP every second in combat, reduce cooldowns by 2.5 seconds
    4 pieces: Increase damage of all powers by 6%, gain 60 AP every second in combat, reduce cooldowns by 5 seconds

Paladin Set 1:

2 pieces: Increase Hit Points by 30,000, using a daily power restores 25% Divinity, increase movement by 5%
    4 pieces: Increase Hit Points by 60,000, using a daily power restores 50% Divinity, increase movement by 10%

Paladin Set 2:

2 pieces: Increase Outgoing Healing by 5%, using a daily power restores 25% Divinity, increase movement by 5%
    4 pieces: Increase Outgoing Healing by 10%, using a daily power restores 50% Divinity, increase movement by 10%

Paladin Set 3:

2 pieces: Increase Hit Points by 50,000, using a daily power restores 25% Stamina, gain 20 AP every second in combat
    4 pieces: Increase Hit Points by 100,000, using a daily power restores 50% Stamina, gain 40 AP every second in combat

Not enough time or patience to do all 8 classes, but I think I've been able to get the general idea across. While there isn't a lot of incentive to get BiS IL gear atm, give individual AND useful set bonuses to make them more appealing and players will grind for them.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Well we used High Vizier for years so maybe in mod 20 people stop using this items and find new shinny toys.

We used the High Vizier set pretty much until the devs got annoyed we were still using it and decided to strip the bonuses off all the old level 60 gear.

I suspect we will be using much of the old gear this time around until the devs remove the bonuses from it as well. For DPS there really isn't anything to compare to the old Demogorgon set, nor to things like Terrored Grips and many of the other +%damage pieces. Sure, we have ebonized rings with a similar bonus now, but you are still better off with the old stuff and Shadow Stalker rings for the most part.

Right now for DPS classes the only gear really worth upgrading to (assuming you have the older +% damage gear) are:
    Ebonized Rings (if you only had one Swordsman's/Sniper's Perk)
    Spy Guild/Protege Helms
    Spy Guild/Protege Shirts
    Spy Guild/Protege Pants

Tanks and healers have more freedom to upgrade to the newer gear. Tanks in particular can use the increased hit points a lot of it offers ..... but none of it really offers great bonuses. For example, the newly updated Successor chest pieces offers up to 6% more defense - but most tanks already have this capped, so it's a pretty useless bonus for anyone who can run LotMM to get it.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I enjoyed with my sw dps the full new set 990 from lomm+ full artifact new and soundbx set+ 980 rings pant shirt. and im good with this im 26.608 item lev lol ikr dsnt metter but in lomm i ve stat for face enemy without die and im definitly like this+ i deal my dps role perfect so im ok with this new gear. I no feel im weak dps im feel solid. But ikr can do more dps with old gear but prob ive to scroll and lose stats for death so i prefer this set up atm.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User

We used the High Vizier set pretty much until the devs got annoyed we were still using it and decided to strip the bonuses off all the old level 60 gear.
    -snip-
    Yeah, that completely ticked me off and discouraged me from chasing, grinding for or buying any new "stuff", because I was shown at any time for any reason the PTB's can take anything in your inventory and turn it into just so much junk - or make it 'POOF'! together.

DD~
    edited July 2019
    Lol with old equip i pass to do 86m on lomm to 109m same pty atm o changed my mind i dropped like 1.6k item lev lol
    Post edited by arkai#8115 on
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    If you're using old equipment to get the % damage boost, but otherwise BiS for enchants and whatever, what's your IL sitting at?
    26.608 full new item vs 25k old item set mixed with some new cool with% dmg up
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Then stick to the old gear since that will get you into the new trial (24k IL min is the requirement for that, at least currently anyway) unless that old gear can get you over the new caps. Mobs have 30K...
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    All 8 of my characters will not "gear up before going down" because the new gear looks like a fashion disaster. Until I am allowed to transmute my gear I remain the outsider. As for weapons, they are junk. The new weapons are just junk, I have Llorna Zorg running blue rarity Red Feather weapons purchased from the AH and transmuted the stoopid looking orb into fallen guard. I know I cannot use a weapon enchant. So what! Big fricken deal. The weapon enchants lost their teeth and they too are junk. Goro Thay has wootz daggers. Why? I used cubes and maxed it them out, they actually do something other than Undermountain. All the Undermountain weapons only work inside Undermountain! If it was +5% damage to undead or cultist, but just creatures in Undermountain... pure junk that you need to rebuild with hundreds of thousands of RP and AD.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • indio024#6790 indio024 Member Posts: 1 Arc User

All 8 of my characters will not "gear up before going down" because the new gear looks like a fashion disaster. Until I am allowed to transmute my gear I remain the outsider. As for weapons, they are junk. The new weapons are just junk, I have Llorna Zorg running blue rarity Red Feather weapons purchased from the AH and transmuted the stoopid looking orb into fallen guard. I know I cannot use a weapon enchant. So what! Big fricken deal. The weapon enchants lost their teeth and they too are junk. Goro Thay has wootz daggers. Why? I used cubes and maxed it them out, they actually do something other than Undermountain. All the Undermountain weapons only work inside Undermountain! If it was +5% damage to undead or cultist, but just creatures in Undermountain... pure junk that you need to rebuild with hundreds of thousands of RP and AD.

No.. Undermountain set bonus works anywhere.. Wherever you heard that it didn't, is simply wrong. Also, not using an artifact weapon set is just bad. A high ranked Vorpal is doing much more than you think it may..
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    kvet said:

Then stick to the old gear since that will get you into the new trial (24k IL min is the requirement for that, at least currently anyway) unless that old gear can get you over the new caps. Mobs have 30K...

that means we need 12000 more crit arpen accuracy?
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

No.. Undermountain set bonus works anywhere.. Wherever you heard that it didn't, is simply wrong. Also, not using an artifact weapon set is just bad. A high ranked Vorpal is doing much more than you think it may..
    Sorry, I must have been thinking of something else I was looking at, I still cannot tell one iota of a difference playing the same class with a variation of weapons. In fact, I can take off most of my gear in a dungeon and it doesn't become difficult until I get around item level 9K or less. My opinion still remains;
    • New gear cannot be altered to visually please me.
    • New gear cannot make or break my ability to win or lose a fight.
    • New weapons no longer need enchants they don't have the power as they did before.
    • I put too much time and effort into upgrading weapons to toss them to the curb and start all over.
    A friend of mine was asking if his new Undermountain weapon will be able to use the farmer's scythe come this Summer Festival. I told him that is a wait and see. I would hate to farm flowers for a weapon skin I cannot use.
    wb-cenders.gif