test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We should be able to use vanity pets as summoned companion skins/transmutes

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
Since all companions at the same level essentially have the same stats, why can't we use the vanity pets that we collect as outer skins for our summoned companions? Last mod, all you would see were Chultan tigers; in Mod 16, all you see are Bulette Pups and Ioun Stones. Please let us use the vanity pets as a transmute for our companions. It would bring a lot more visual diversity into the game.

Comments

• raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Actually i prefer pets hv some utility to it like picking loots, maybe increase more hp regen outside combat, finding hidden door or traps or anything other then just some ornaments.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    > @raziel2004#7353 said:
    > Actually i prefer pets hv some utility to it like picking loots, maybe increase more hp regen outside combat, finding hidden door or traps or anything other then just some ornaments.

In Mod 16 we have that option to some extent by being able to choose companion powers based on the companions we have bound to the character.

Being able to skin/transmute would allow us even more customization (and could serve as an AD sink).
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Not sure I agree. When I'm in a random group, I like to see the companions people are bringing to at least give me an indication of whether they really know what they are doing.

The thing is, though, some vanity pets are bigger and more noticeable than many of the regular companions. I have a couple of dragon vanity pets, and they make my actual summoned companion look tiny by comparison. I'm not complaining - it's fun to run around with a pet dragon - nut it can be a bit confusing.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Not sure I agree. When I'm in a random group, I like to see the companions people are bringing to at least give me an indication of whether they really know what they are doing.

The thing is, though, some vanity pets are bigger and more noticeable than many of the regular companions. I have a couple of dragon vanity pets, and they make my actual summoned companion look tiny by comparison. I'm not complaining - it's fun to run around with a pet dragon - nut it can be a bit confusing.

Right click; inspect companion solves that issue.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If you have the time. A lot easier just to visually scan the party. Click and inspect is not a game that is or ever should be necessary to know what people are running with.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.