test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] How do I complete an "epic Heroic Encounter" in Icewind Dale?

kitwarrior#4606 kitwarrior Member Posts: 2 Arc User
The Legacy Campaign quest has brought me to Icewind Dale to complete 3 minor/major Heroic Encounters and 1 epic Heroic Encounter. Minors and majors are easy enough to find and complete, but I have yet to complete an epic Heroic Encounter. Please don't just post a link to the wiki, there's barely any information in the wiki on this topic. I know it's Prospector Attack and The Remorhaz, but there's no explanation I can find on the web (searching the wiki, forum, and google) or in game on how to complete them. I've checked Icewind Dale locations several times over several days and have only spotted Prospector Attack and other players asking the same question in zone chat and getting no real explanation. Twice now I have participated in a successful Prospector Attack (not Captured Prospectors) and the Legacy Campaign quest did not give credit. Would someone be willing to explain how these epic Heroic Encounters are complete and not just provide a three-word response?

Answers

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    In the Pass it is the Remorhaz that spawns on the Shelf in the middle of the map. Do some picking as well as killing.

In the Valley it is the Black Ice Beholder.

First major hurdle is that they need to spawn.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I participated in a black ice domination for the first time ever in hope of completing this quest. My team won but the quest didn't update.

The heroic encounter "The Remorhaz" in Icewind Pass worked for me.
  • metalsabrwolfmetalsabrwolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    the problem is that the epic heroic encounters don't spawn as much anymore in any zone not just iwd but omu as well. have waited like over half an hour for one to spawn instead of having to force the other one which would take much longer to achieve.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Chult epic HEs are hourly.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.