test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is 20K+ IL the "new" 17K+?

I know, I know, IL is not the only factor; just curious about what the new "Uber" IL is...

Comments

• Options
    droidonroids#1509 droidonroids Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Yes and gather as much power as you can thru bondings, mounts etc
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    23K+ with 150K power is new meta
  • Options
    wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    26k or RIP
    Elite Whaleboy
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    26K as dps means no flat% dmg acquired by hunt stuff so not optimal DPS (nor orcus set )
  • Options
    darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    I would say 23k with 150k power or more is your new meta dps. Also should be running with bulette pup summoned and deep crow for the 8k power bonus (on legendary).
  • Options
    jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @droidonroids#1509 said:
    > Yes and gather as much power as you can thru bondings, mounts etc

So 20k+ and, say 125+ power?
  • Options
    > @tassedethe13 said:
    > 23K+ with 150K power is new meta

Hmmm! We are dooomed!
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

26K as dps means no flat% dmg acquired by hunt stuff so not optimal DPS (nor orcus set )

Ocrus or Lostmauth; in fact the Lostmauth set is superior to the Orcus set. Orcus set does around 10% more damage. If you hit and enemy with a critical hit your average at will is around 7-12K damage. With that said, you get another 10% on average so roughly 8-13.5K damage. If you use the Lostmauth an enemy that is critical hit gets another hit equal to your weapon damage or roughly 3-4K in damage. So if you hit an enemy 5x and all five are critical hits that is an extra 15-20K in damage vs the Orcus set providing around 700-1200*5 or 3500-6000 more damage.

It is similar to the weapon enchantments. If you have a lighting it helps produce much more damage over the vorpal when dealing multiple targets. Vorpal is much better on single targets though.

IMO Orcus set with Vorpal is BiS on bosses and Lostmauth with Lighting is BiS for AoE/adds.

If you want to be lazy you can mix and match these two options to have a decent combo. I believe the Vorpal with the Lostmauth would be the way to go. However, on PS4 cost of a green neck and waist for Lostmauth has shot up through the roof recently; each piece of the set are going for around 250K+.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

> @tassedethe13 said:

Hmmm! We are dooomed!

> @tassedethe13 said:

Hmmm! We are dooomed!

You don't need 150K. The difference between 100K, 125K, and 150K is not the same like it was previously. If you have the proper offensive stats to by pass the counter stats and have around 100K power you are more than fine to run all content in the game including LoMM. The game in its current state is designed so that a player using R8 and having higher ranked gear can play end game content.

Mod 16 wasn't just about making things easier for the devs; it was about making more content available to new players faster; meaning you hit 70, run undermountain and with the R8 you get from the start of the quest and by the time you hit 80 you are more than equipped to run all content in the game; especially if you get the new weapon sets.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > 26K as dps means no flat% dmg acquired by hunt stuff so not optimal DPS (nor orcus set )
    >
    > Ocrus or Lostmauth; in fact the Lostmauth set is superior to the Orcus set. Orcus set does around 10% more damage. If you hit and enemy with a critical hit your average at will is around 7-12K damage. With that said, you get another 10% on average so roughly 8-13.5K damage. If you use the Lostmauth an enemy that is critical hit gets another hit equal to your weapon damage or roughly 3-4K in damage. So if you hit an enemy 5x and all five are critical hits that is an extra 15-20K in damage vs the Orcus set providing around 700-1200*5 or 3500-6000 more damage.
    >
    > It is similar to the weapon enchantments. If you have a lighting it helps produce much more damage over the vorpal when dealing multiple targets. Vorpal is much better on single targets though.
    >
    > IMO Orcus set with Vorpal is BiS on bosses and Lostmauth with Lighting is BiS for AoE/adds.
    >
    >
    > If you want to be lazy you can mix and match these two options to have a decent combo. I believe the Vorpal with the Lostmauth would be the way to go. However, on PS4 cost of a green neck and waist for Lostmauth has shot up through the roof recently; each piece of the set are going for around 250K+.

When i tested with act Lostmout set was only about 4 % of my Warlocks dps so i dont think its worth it
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

You don't need 150K. The difference between 100K, 125K, and 150K is not the same like it was previously. If you have the proper offensive stats to by pass the counter stats and have around 100K power you are more than fine to run all content in the game including LoMM. The game in its current state is designed so that a player using R8 and having higher ranked gear can play end game content.

Mod 16 wasn't just about making things easier for the devs; it was about making more content available to new players faster; meaning you hit 70, run undermountain and with the R8 you get from the start of the quest and by the time you hit 80 you are more than equipped to run all content in the game; especially if you get the new weapon sets.

You are correct that you don't need 150K power to run LotMM .... though right now on PC you DO need 150K power to get into most groups for LotMM (Assuming you are DPS of course). 100K power is definitely on the low side for stuff like LotMM, even with a good set of +% damage gear. The difference in damage between having 100K power and 150K power is basically 25% more damage at 150K power. That's pretty substantial and can easily mean the difference between being able to kill the mimics and being swarmed by butterfly golems ....

And of course, it's basically assumed that before you step foot into LotMM as DPS all your other offensive stats are maxed.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    "Rank 8" yes you can do LOMM. Finish it ? Show me.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Did it with a group and we all had over 100K power. You know having legendary mounts, companions, etc... can boost your power above 100k easily. You don't need max enchantments to get 100k power.

My Cleric has almost 150K power without any enchantment being R8 as for runestones well those are all R15. Don't forget enchantments and runestones are different monsters.

I know, I know, IL is not the only factor; just curious about what the new "Uber" IL is...

Nope...20K il is more like 15-16K il. 23K is more like 17K and 25-26K is like 18K il of old.
  • Options

You are correct that you don't need 150K power to run LotMM .... though right now on PC you DO need 150K power to get into most groups for LotMM (Assuming you are DPS of course). 100K power is definitely on the low side for stuff like LotMM, even with a good set of +% damage gear. The difference in damage between having 100K power and 150K power is basically 25% more damage at 150K power. That's pretty substantial and can easily mean the difference between being able to kill the mimics and being swarmed by butterfly golems ....

And of course, it's basically assumed that before you step foot into LotMM as DPS all your other offensive stats are maxed.
    On console groups are asking for 180K and even some are asking for 200K.

I laugh just like I did when group asked for 17K il players for CoDG, CR or T9.
  • Options
    > @tassedethe13 said:
    > "Rank 8" yes you can do LOMM. Finish it ? Show me.

Many try; few succeed!
  • Options
    > > @tassedethe13 said:
    >
    > > 23K+ with 150K power is new meta
    >
    >
    >
    > Hmmm! We are dooomed!
    >
    > > @tassedethe13 said:
    >
    > > 23K+ with 150K power is new meta
    >
    >
    >
    > Hmmm! We are dooomed!
    >
    > You don't need 150K. The difference between 100K, 125K, and 150K is not the same like it was previously. If you have the proper offensive stats to by pass the counter stats and have around 100K power you are more than fine to run all content in the game including LoMM. The game in its current state is designed so that a player using R8 and having higher ranked gear can play end game content.
    >
    > Mod 16 wasn't just about making things easier for the devs; it was about making more content available to new players faster; meaning you hit 70, run undermountain and with the R8 you get from the start of the quest and by the time you hit 80 you are more than equipped to run all content in the game; especially if you get the new weapon sets.

But some of us cannot afford legendary mounts and rng hates us.
  • Options
    > @kiraskytower said:
    > You don't need 150K. The difference between 100K, 125K, and 150K is not the same like it was previously. If you have the proper offensive stats to by pass the counter stats and have around 100K power you are more than fine to run all content in the game including LoMM. The game in its current state is designed so that a player using R8 and having higher ranked gear can play end game content.
    >
    > Mod 16 wasn't just about making things easier for the devs; it was about making more content available to new players faster; meaning you hit 70, run undermountain and with the R8 you get from the start of the quest and by the time you hit 80 you are more than equipped to run all content in the game; especially if you get the new weapon sets.
    >
    > You are correct that you don't need 150K power to run LotMM .... though right now on PC you DO need 150K power to get into most groups for LotMM (Assuming you are DPS of course). 100K power is definitely on the low side for stuff like LotMM, even with a good set of +% damage gear. The difference in damage between having 100K power and 150K power is basically 25% more damage at 150K power. That's pretty substantial and can easily mean the difference between being able to kill the mimics and being swarmed by butterfly golems ....
    >
    > And of course, it's basically assumed that before you step foot into LotMM as DPS all your other offensive stats are maxed.

I imagine the damage gear you speak of are the usual suspects: kiuno, fear bringers, fury and shadowstalker? Are shadow stalker rings still bis? Heard ebonized are better...
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Did it with a group and we all had over 100K power. You know having legendary mounts, companions, etc... can boost your power above 100k easily. You don't need max enchantments to get 100k power.

My Cleric has almost 150K power without any enchantment being R8 as for runestones well those are all R15. Don't forget enchantments and runestones are different monsters.

Nope...20K il is more like 15-16K il. 23K is more like 17K and 25-26K is like 18K il of old.
    A player who plays with rank 8 doesn't have a lot of mounts, neither a lengendary lol, nor legendary companions, etc...

Please keep things real when you speak about rank 8 geared players.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I think the current max is around 26600, although going above 25K is somewhat suboptimal for a DPS, as stated previously in this thread.

I am, however, wondering about some of the +%damage gear, in particular the piece (forget which one) which gives a boost to melee attacks. Wouldn't that be useless for the classes that do magical damage, that is, Cleric/Wizard/Warlock DPSers ? If so, the "optimal maximum" IL for DPSers of those classes would be slightly higher than for Barbarians, Fighters, Rangers and Rogues.

Or, am I wrong ... I am sure someone will correct me in that case.

For healers, "more" is indeed better - so aim for 26K+, with 200K+ Power, right?

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    adinosii said:

I think the current max is around 26600, although going above 25K is somewhat suboptimal for a DPS, as stated previously in this thread.

I am, however, wondering about some of the +%damage gear, in particular the piece (forget which one) which gives a boost to melee attacks. Wouldn't that be useless for the classes that do magical damage, that is, Cleric/Wizard/Warlock DPSers ? If so, the "optimal maximum" IL for DPSers of those classes would be slightly higher than for Barbarians, Fighters, Rangers and Rogues.

For healers, "more" is indeed better - so aim for 26K+, with 200K+ Power, right?

Looks like than caters use +%damage gear with ranged attacks, so it's close to the IL than melee attackers have.
  • Options

A player who plays with rank 8 doesn't have a lot of mounts, neither a lengendary lol, nor legendary companions, etc...

I tanked LoMM all R8 bondings, runestones, and enchantments. No legendary mounts, no legendary companions, etc...

I than went onto my lowly Ranger with all R8 and again no legendary mounts, companions, etc... I was 2nd in damage and we finished the dungeon in 45 minutes.

Knowing how to play is more important than enchantments.

What matters is companion influence, having weapons better than primal, having 68K armor pen and 100K power.

This game isn't hard; in fact this mod has made things a bit to easy; no need for tanks really in this game with mod. A good healer and 4 dps can clear all dungeons.
  • Options
    adinosii said:

Barbarian and fighters are now swapping out of the Orcus set for one of the newer sets. They also are dropping the Furred Kunio for the chest plate where defense is lowered for 1500 more power and using 2 Ebonized Assault Ring. Many are dropping the fearbringers for terrored gripes or the 950 arms that provide power. When the player has two ebonized ring they are even swapping the heels of fury out for the gear that provides power.

Many are going for more power...I have the power, Wait that is He-Man. Hmmm... maybe NWO is He-Man online. :)

My wizard will be 25K+ il once I get all of my enchantments to R15 and weapon/armor to R14.

• Options

I tanked LoMM all R8 bondings, runestones, and enchantments. No legendary mounts, no legendary companions, etc...

I than went onto my lowly Ranger with all R8 and again no legendary mounts, companions, etc... I was 2nd in damage and we finished the dungeon in 45 minutes.

What matters is companion influence, having weapons better than primal, having 68K armor pen and 100K power.

This game isn't hard; in fact this mod has made things a bit to easy; no need for tanks really in this game with mod. A good healer and 4 dps can clear all dungeons.
    45min is more than twice the time than best players take to run LOMM.

So rank 8, or whatever 100K power is clearly not the new meta.

I repeat new meta is 23K+ with 150K power and you can make it in 25min or less.
    More power make you do it under 20min.

• Options
    > @tassedethe13 said:
    > "Rank 8" yes you can do LOMM. Finish it ? Show me.
    >
    > Did it with a group and we all had over 100K power. You know having legendary mounts, companions, etc... can boost your power above 100k easily. You don't need max enchantments to get 100k power.
    >
    > My Cleric has almost 150K power without any enchantment being R8 as for runestones well those are all R15. Don't forget enchantments and runestones are different monsters.
    > I know, I know, IL is not the only factor; just curious about what the new "Uber" IL is...
    >
    > Nope...20K il is more like 15-16K il. 23K is more like 17K and 25-26K is like 18K il of old.
    >
    > A player who plays with rank 8 doesn't have a lot of mounts, neither a lengendary lol, nor legendary companions, etc...
    >
    > Please keep things real when you speak about rank 8 geared players.
    >
    > I tanked LoMM all R8 bondings, runestones, and enchantments. No legendary mounts, no legendary companions, etc...
    >
    > I than went onto my lowly Ranger with all R8 and again no legendary mounts, companions, etc... I was 2nd in damage and we finished the dungeon in 45 minutes.
    >
    > Knowing how to play is more important than enchantments.
    >
    > What matters is companion influence, having weapons better than primal, having 68K armor pen and 100K power.
    >
    > This game isn't hard; in fact this mod has made things a bit to easy; no need for tanks really in this game with mod. A good healer and 4 dps can clear all dungeons.
    >
    > 45min is more than twice the time than best players take to run LOMM.
    >
    > So rank 8, or whatever 100K power is clearly not the new meta.
    >
    > I repeat new meta is 23K+ with 150K power and you can make it in 25min or less.
    > More power make you do it under 20min.

I'm close to meta! (130k power without consumables)
  • Options
    > I think the current max is around 26600, although going above 25K is somewhat suboptimal for a DPS, as stated previously in this thread.
    >
    > I am, however, wondering about some of the +%damage gear, in particular the piece (forget which one) which gives a boost to melee attacks. Wouldn't that be useless for the classes that do magical damage, that is, Cleric/Wizard/Warlock DPSers ? If so, the "optimal maximum" IL for DPSers of those classes would be slightly higher than for Barbarians, Fighters, Rangers and Rogues.
    >
    > Or, am I wrong ... I am sure someone will correct me in that case.
    >
    > For healers, "more" is indeed better - so aim for 26K+, with 200K+ Power, right?
    >
    >
    >
    > Barbarian and fighters are now swapping out of the Orcus set for one of the newer sets. They also are dropping the Furred Kunio for the chest plate where defense is lowered for 1500 more power and using 2 Ebonized Assault Ring. Many are dropping the fearbringers for terrored gripes or the 950 arms that provide power. When the player has two ebonized ring they are even swapping the heels of fury out for the gear that provides power.
    >
    > Many are going for more power...I have the power, Wait that is He-Man. Hmmm... maybe NWO is He-Man online. :)
    >
    > My wizard will be 25K+ il once I get all of my enchantments to R15 and weapon/armor to R14.

I agree. The ebonized rings seem better than shadowstalker. (6% vs 4.5%). How about Ring of Brutality 5/4? That's 4k power every 20 seconds. (I think.)
  • Options
    johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    The issue with ebonized rings for melee is that from what I understand only 2 of any "type" count. So two swordsman buffs will work together but 3 will not. You already get the 3% Melee from chest and feet if you have the right gear so you gain 1.5 in ring buffs but lose the 6% from others.

I only had a +4 so am using 1 +4 and an ebonized but would not use another if it drops.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    every single bit of act testing I've seen shows lostmauth inferior to orcus.

I'd say a bis or near bis dps class toon, is about 22.8 to 23.5 with hunt gear and OVER 150 power. 170 or better is where you should be at.

if you are over the high end you aren't using hunt gear. in this range i think is approximate to 17k to 18k old system, I think the 150 power thing is equiv to a 16k in old system
  • Options

I wasn't talking meta I was talking about completing the dungeon. As for the new meta drop the Fighter tank for a paladin tank, run with a paladin healer or cleric. Than run with 3 wizards. My fastest time is that setup and we did it in a bit under 20 minutes. One wizard runs arcanist to boost all of the wizards arcane damage. The other two run RoE on tab. Everything melts with that set up.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

I wasn't talking meta I was talking about completing the dungeon. As for the new meta drop the Fighter tank for a paladin tank, run with a paladin healer or cleric. Than run with 3 wizards. My fastest time is that setup and we did it in a bit under 20 minutes. One wizard runs arcanist to boost all of the wizards arcane damage. The other two run RoE on tab. Everything melts with that set up.

I don't think this conversation has anything to do with that either. the op was specifically asking about il comparisons to mod 16. meta being comparison meta. not dungeon composition