What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.110.20190519a.28

2»

Comments

• rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

btw
    "Terminus Expedition companion gear can now also drop from Master Expeditions."

from quest giver or box prize ? if box prize would be empowered top increase the drop chance ?

OK got a ring , is fgrom Quest giver but why is it bound on Characther ? BOA wasnt good enough ????....
    this made the farm for my fighter much bigger....
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    OMG, more BtC bs. Pls Cryptic, get over the paranoia. If it's BtA it can't be sold or traded to anyone else. Why make it BtC? Is it so people have to grind out everything on every alt? Because if it is.... let's just say it isn't working.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User

What the heck guys, It's not ok taking the Excavated Epic Mounts Pack and removing the legacy mounts after players have already received the pack with them in it. go ahead and change things going forward but in the spirit of fairness don't rob us of what we already have. Imagine if you will you were a player and had just received a legendary mount and before you had a chance to use it the people running the game did a patch and turned it into an epic mount. Please return to me what you took.

Not exactly how it works. The Excavated falsely advertised "Legacy mounts" when in reality it only gave standard one, like standard Flail Snail. So it was false advertising from the beginning, but they're not changing anything in the rewards since it wasn't legacy rewards from the start. You don't lose anything that you already have.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

rafaelda said:

btw

from quest giver or box prize ? if box prize would be empowered top increase the drop chance ?

OK got a ring , is fgrom Quest giver but why is it bound on Characther ? BOA wasnt good enough ????....

OMG, more BtC bs. Pls Cryptic, get over the paranoia. If it's BtA it can't be sold or traded to anyone else. Why make it BtC? Is it so people have to grind out everything on every alt? Because if it is.... let's just say it isn't working.

The original piece that dropped from Terminus expedition was BtC. So it is reasonable the drops from MEs are also BtC. Just be glad devs went through the effort to give players who missed getting it in the campaign the option to grind them from MEs
  • dlynn334dlynn334 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

rafaelda said:

btw

Thanks for sharing. I really hope they included the choke chain in the drops or this will be all for naught. I honestly think they just included the Pearl ring of the companion since it came from the expeditions in the campaign quests.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Hmm... from reading the patch notes, I thought the Successor gear had actually been given useful bonuses, but it seems I was overly optimistic. the armor piece still summons those "helpers",and if they can still unintentionally get targeted, that means the armor is still to be avoided .. the 5% power bonus with a 25% uptime does not make up for that, sorry.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Hmm... from reading the patch notes, I thought the Successor gear had actually been given useful bonuses, but it seems I was overly optimistic. the armor piece still summons those "helpers",and if they can still unintentionally get targeted, that means the armor is still to be avoided .. the 5% power bonus with a 25% uptime does not make up for that, sorry.

I was expecting more if they wanted to lure people off the %damage gear. These upgrades hardly seem worth it.

I suppose at this point all thats left to be said is "When should we expect the hunt gear most of us are still using to be nerfed?"
  • h3llbentwisph3llbentwisp Member Posts: 32 Arc User

What the heck guys, It's not ok taking the Excavated Epic Mounts Pack and removing the legacy mounts after players have already received the pack with them in it. go ahead and change things going forward but in the spirit of fairness don't rob us of what we already have. Imagine if you will you were a player and had just received a legendary mount and before you had a chance to use it the people running the game did a patch and turned it into an epic mount. Please return to me what you took.

The pack did not drop the Legacy mounts, it was a typo on the tool tip. I received a Epic Flail Snail from the one that I opened. I contacted Customer Support. They emailed me back and forth and finally told me that it was a tool tip error and they were sorry for my dissapoinment. The Legacy Flail Snail was of an older mod and no longer available to be received by players.

In other words the muffed the box up and its the players loss because of a typo. Unlike most companies that made the error would at least offer some sort of compensation. Not this one it's opps sorry for the loss,, and oh look next patch we fix it now that people complain about it.

In other words the muffed the box up and its the players loss because of a typo.

And when has a legendary mount ever dropped from an epic pack? There is no loss because the player was never entitled to it.

• kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    lardeson said:

No patches for Cw nor ap, so i've only been testing companions and so far so good:
    1. owlbear works but its up to anyone who wants to use it, only did 2 tests with it in lmm and from ~100m damage, it did 2m, which is 2% in both runs. This is better than a 4k power comp at considerable high power, not to mention the bonus itself depends on your power. Imo i believe the proc rate needs to be improved, its a rare companion and with the current system, it kinda lacks compared to others but ok nonetheless.
    2. Manticore dint proc once, so nothing to say here.
    3. Cockatrice, the same issue as manticore, doesn't proc either.
    4. Leopard: in 42m it did 27k damage in 232 hits, so yes, trash, discard, works off based weapon damage and doesn't gain anything from buffs.
    5. Rustmonster, well nothing to test here, the bonus is just meeeeeh, in a game where u can have negatives, not sure why these bonuses even exist to begin with.

Yeah, direwolf still works, cockatrice & manticore still don't. So either the code didn't get merged properly or the fix didn't work...
  • pit#6001 pit Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Does comp gear, like the choke chain, now drop from ME or only the terminus one, the pearl ring?
  • h3llbentwisph3llbentwisp Member Posts: 32 Arc User

And when has a legendary mount ever dropped from an epic pack? There is no loss because the player was never entitled to it.

Legacy is not Legendary, There is no combat power on the Legacy and the speed is different from the Legendary as well. The only thing that is the same when it comes to the Flail Snail (don't know about the Strider so can't list the details) is the AP gain of 10% instead of 5%.

The developers knew about the typo and should of fixed it before the problem started. (Yeah like other things in the game I know before you even quote back saying that), It's not bad enough that the players have to endure content that is broken all the time due to new patches and MODs releases. You can not even rely on the tool tips on items. That is the point behind it. Whether it is a typo or not, the player is not at fault for the typo. The player should not be punished and dismissed because of a typo that the company is at fault for.

If you bought a lottery ticket , scratched it off and won 10k cash. Took it to be cashed in and the lottery dept said "Sorry this ticket is a mistake. It should have not been a winner, were very sorry for your loss and inconvenience but we can't up hold the winnings." Would you not be upset?? Surely you shouldn't be because you had no loss, and you weren't entitled to the winnings.

Legacy is not Legendary,
    Well, still. When was the last time, or was there ever a time, when a legacy mount came out of an epic pack. It it was intended, then it would probably be a selling point. You know the old saying, "If it is too good to be true..."
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    they had mound upgrade format, and they took it away and all the mounds they had upgraded was just taken away back to original and players were so upset that they had "INVESTED" and time played just erased, no cash back or replaced, just gone and reset. they were gone around Mod 6. those players never came back and calling those who took away are considered as "Dead Chultian Prince" con artists, saying Pay this fee and we send you a check.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    @nitocris83
    Will the Choke Chain, that many of us missed, be similarly added to Obaya’s loot table?

The changes to Successor gear in no way made the gear desirable over the % Damage gear, sorry.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • igrejamasterigrejamaster Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I dont think companion gear is dropping from ME, didnt see any dropping it. Maybe it is glitched? Pls comment here if someone already drop any companion gear from ME.
  • inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Poor solution to the Excavated epic mounts pack problem. I now understand that the pack never contained legacy mounts as the tool tip stated. However your solution to a problem (that I am hearing you already knew about when you made the pack available) is frankly not the best, it would have been much better and to just put the legacy mounts in the pack. Here's why; No body likes having something they had taken away and when I received the pack I read the tool tip and researched on line what the pack was selling for it was in the range of a half million AD, I was excited, I knew what the legacy snail was all about and was a happy customer. I wasn't sure where I would use the package or if I would sell it (which I'm glad i didn't, if I had another player in the game would be upset at me for having sold them your busted pack) I figured I would hold on to it till i could research the other legacy mount. in the mean time you patched the pack and the price of the pack lost over half its value its 190K ish on the market now and no one in the game is as thrilled now to get the meh stuff out of this pack. Start owning your mistakes if you say your giving someone something of value, give it to them. It wouldn't have been a game breaking item anyhow, and wouldn't have cost you one extra penny to give away.
  • cybearlabcybearlab Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Repeating mine question: when can a barbarian and a warlock be able to dodge traps on an expedition?

When the last boss from Ravenloft will be passable? One-shot attack skills boss after 2 per seconds! However, this situation is time to fix!
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    cybearlab said:

Repeating mine question: when can a barbarian and a warlock be able to dodge traps on an expedition?

When the last boss from Ravenloft will be passable? One-shot attack skills boss after 2 per seconds! However, this situation is time to fix!

When warlock and barbarian wait for those who can dodge go first.