test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New players question about enchantments, runestones, insignia and gemstones.

bubbahobubbaho Member Posts: 3 Arc User
First time player at rank 19 and the problem is my shared and character bank are full up of enchantments, runestones, insignia, and gemstones. Except for 1 insignia and 2 bonding stones, I've found no way to use any of these items. Most are blue but I have a couple epic ones. Do I save these for later, sell them to trash, maybe break them down later?

Also, gems...I've got several epic ones, do i just break down all gems into refinement points for sometime in the future?

Thanks for the heads up in advance.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Runestones go in companion gear. Each piece will have one or two slots for runestones.

Enchantments go in your character's gear when you get a piece that can slot it.

Insignia go in the slots on your mounts. Mounts have combinations for insignia, when the correct types are slotted, that gives you an additional benefit.

Gemstones are Refinement Points to upgrade enchantments, runestones, artifacts, and artifact gear. Mulch them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I will make this easy and painless for you.
    So you have tons of enchants and runestones with insigs and your wondering what use are these because you simply can not use them and they are just laying around collection dusty taking space.
    Did you ever tried right clicking them and convert them to RP?
    Did you ever used the convert to refinement window to convert stones and insigs and enchants and runestones to refinement points?
    If no then you really should think about it.
    That is what it all comes down to.
    Everything can be converted to refinement points and if you have something that you cant use convert it to refinement points to free the space.
    In this day in age no need to really hold on to such things.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    b4t1b4t said:

In this day in age no need to really hold on to such things.

Keep saying that when you're trying to upgrade to Legendary insignia.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Simple trick, you have a second slot to make another character, use it as bank, and you can gain a few more slots for things.

Green enchants and runestones are worthless, you can refine them.
    Green insignias can be sold at auction house, check the price.