test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some Wizard Bugs:

thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
edited July 2019 in Bug Reports (PC)
1) Ray of Frost gives too little AP relative to its cast time. Ray of Frost gives AP as if it has a cast time of 0.48, instead of a cast time of 0.5.
2) Shard of Endless Avalanche gives too little AP relative to its cast time. It gives AP as if it has a cast time of 0.48, instead of a cast time of 0.74
3) A Step Above Mastery does not work as intended. It is supposed to increase the damage boost of Arcane Stacks from 0.5% to 1.5% per stack and increase your stack count to 10, instead what it does is it passively increases your damage by 1% and then increases the count of your stacks to 5.
4) Elemental Reinforcement does not stack, each time you cast it, it increases the damage of a different type and overwrites the previous buff.
5) Shard of Endless Avalanche does too much damage on one of the enemies it hits. It hits a single enemy for 350 magnitude.
6) Icy Terrain still does not (after I don't know how many mods) damage frozen enemies.
7) Fanning the Flame still does not scale with AP Gain.
8) Fireball does not scale with AP Gain.
9) Smolder (not rimefire) triggered by critial conflagration has a 0% chance to critically hit.
10) Chill Triggers smolder, which causes Ray of Frost to trigger it twice.
11) Relative Haste speeds up the cooldown rate of powers by far more than 10%.
12) The Ray of Enfeeblement 10% outgoing damage debuff is not reducing enemies damage.

Supporting Evidence for 3) with 100 damage weapons and 28 int, no other modifiers.
0 Stacks, no feat:

5 stacks, no feat:

0 stacks, with the feat:

10 stacks, with the feat:

As you can see, the base damage of magic missiles increased from 26.75 to 27.0175 simply by allocating the feat and the damage bonus per stack was not increased.

Supporting Evidence for 11):

Tooltip:

Power Trigger:

Power coming off cooldown:

Supporting evidence for 12):

Post edited by thefabricant on

Comments

• Options
    bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    4) Elemental Reinforcement works fine, buffs are not supposed to stacks anymore like in previous mods.
    6) Icy Terrain also doesn't affect some kinds of targets, for ex Bosses in LOMM.
    11) Relative Haste is nice, don't change it :)

Every class got many corrections since mod 16 release . But wizards, none...
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I'll pass the list along!
  • Options
    frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I've been noticing a lot of misfires lately with certain powers like Icy Terrain or Steal Time. Where I cast them and nothing happens, but they go into a reduced cooldown instead. And not because I was interrupted either.

Also, since Mod 16, my game has frozen four times, forcing me to quit and restart. Three times when going through a rotation with the wizard, and one other time when someone else was going through a rotation with their wizard.

This is on PS4, but I was wondering if it happens to PC wizards too.
  • Options
    dontez1dontez1 Member Posts: 114 Arc User

10) Chill Triggers smolder, which causes Ray of Frost to trigger it twice.
    11) Relative Haste speeds up the cooldown rate of powers by far more than 10%.

Supporting Evidence for 11):

Tooltip:

Power Trigger:

Power coming off cooldown:

Relative Haste is working fine! :)
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited July 2019

4) Elemental Reinforcement works fine, buffs are not supposed to stacks anymore like in previous mods.
    6) Icy Terrain also doesn't affect some kinds of targets, for ex Bosses in LOMM.
    11) Relative Haste is nice, don't change it :)

Every class got many corrections since mod 16 release . But wizards, none...

Relative haste is a 55% cooldown reduction, not 10%, that isn't intended. Icy Terrain has always had issues with height mapping, see Orcus in CN.

Also, the 10% outgoing damage debuff on Ray of Enfeeblement is not working. See here:

The OP hits me for 43 damage both before and after application, regardless of whether it is on or off mastery (the outgoing damage debuff should work off mastery).

Elemental Reinforcement is a useless feat in its current form, if you want Arcanmist to compete with Thaumaturge, it needs to stack and the, "alternating skills" mechanic is enough incentive with stacking to motivate skilled play. Having it not stack defeats the entire purpose of the feat. If A Step Above Mastery was working as described, you would never even consider Elemental Reinforcement unless it stacked.

And yes, I will bug report it, since it stacked on the Beta test and on preview before the module went live.
  • Options
    bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User

Elemental Reinforcement is a useless feat in its current form, if you want Arcanmist to compete with Thaumaturge, it needs to stack and the, "alternating skills" mechanic is enough incentive with stacking to motivate skilled play. Having it not stack defeats the entire purpose of the feat. If A Step Above Mastery was working as described, you would never even consider Elemental Reinforcement unless it stacked.

I totally agree, element buffs from Elemental Reinforcement should stack or at least be much higher than 5%. Or, like ranger, alternating magic types could reduce encounters cooldowns.

• Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

...oO -= SNIP =- Oo...

Set in stone for next patch: bugfix for #11

Rest: later (if anytime at all)

Anyone wanna bet?