What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we please get harder content?

2»

Comments

• gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    greywynd said:

tom#6998 said:

this game got destroyed by makeing everything easy, just look at the steam charts
    When was the last time we had challenging content?

Steam charts are only one metric and not necessarily the biggest one.
    And what are you trying to push here?

That steam charts are a lie? Get real - they are correct and show real trends.
    You really belive that there is no drop in Arc or even raw luncher users?

MOD 16 is step in a good way (IMO), bitter medicine you can call it if you like.
    But its to early to say if it gona save this game.

For now its nothing more but a change in mechanics background, serving mostly on devs side- to make their lives easier.
    What we need now are substantial players side changes.
    Or game will bleed out.... for me MOD 17 is going to be real turning point.
    There is not much place for excuses left for devs now.
  • ramesh84ramesh84 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

greywynd said:

tom#6998 said:

this game got destroyed by makeing everything easy, just look at the steam charts
    When was the last time we had challenging content?

Steam charts are only one metric and not necessarily the biggest one.

MOD 16 is step in a good way (IMO), bitter medicine you can call it if you like.

For now its nothing more but a change in mechanics background, serving mostly on devs side- to make their lives easier.
    Agree on most of M16 changes were needed, but any big change will hardly save a game as long as endgame routine is based on 40-50 minutes of running same content (MEx3+REQ) on daily basis for 5+ months. That's why harder contents are needed. In general, endgame needs to be an achievement you strive for, but once you get it available challenges should be more consistent than going for speed runs or solo contents or running them naked lol.
    Probably easier way to code it is placing in private queue option a multiplier than increase reward rate and quantity along with critters HP and power, don't think will take that much resources and it's way safer than implement some kind of scaling, like past experience suggested, as a plus having that mechanic uncapped would provide an endless challenges to players on each map, meaning also players are not forced anymore to run always the same dungeon.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

Steam charts may be correct and show real trends.

...of Steam users only.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Steam chart is an indicator but not a good indicator which may or may not draw parallel to the real trend.

This game punishes player who uses steam.
    If you give up on this game, you don't play this game (through steam or not).
    If you are serious about playing this game, you don't play this game through steam.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    greywynd said:

gripnir78 said:

Steam charts may be correct and show real trends.

...of Steam users only.
    Steam charts are the only charts we have, and from what i see ingame, altough thats only anecdotal, it goes along with what the steam charts are showing. Feel free to disagree tough.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    steam charts don't show the whole population now. but they do show a slice of it. it's the same way the neilson ratings work. they have a sample of the whole. it doesn't take a large sample to get a view into larger trends. we can tell very well what is going on with the population and health of the game thru watching them.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    I can tell you I was in three different legacy zones today with less than five players and no other instances running. It was like a ghost town. You ever been in an empty Sharander? It's just sad.

That being said The Yawning Portal was packed to the gills.

We also have PS4's free game downloads for May chart. If you notice NW is not on the list. It will be interesting to see June's chart because according to the dev's MOD16 is all about attracting new players.

Now downloads are not an indicator of existing player numbers but as far as new players its a good source.

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    tom#6998 said:

dionchi said:

:lol::lol::lol: Some players are in such a rush to level up and complete available content and acquire the best gear they can possibly get - then feel it appropriate to complain about the game being "too easy", like it's someone else's fault they don't have any suitable playable content... and I'm willing to bet lot of times these are the same players who when asked: "what color are the leaves in the tree on the right after the first mob battle?" and they wouldn't be able to answer because of their 'hack and slash and run to the next battle' playstyle.

tom#6998 said:

-snip-

How about a Master Version of Lomm where everything deals twice as much dmg, and everything has 10x more HP? I dont even need better rewards, cause they are HAMSTER anyways. Just something that maybe is a bit challenging.

/rant over

Is playing the exact same content we've already played - only more difficult - really what anyone actually wants?

As has been pointed out numerous times in this thread and previous threads there are ways to make game content more difficult, more challenging, for anyone who is actually interested in having more challenging game content...

I just can't figure out why anyone would rant about the game being too easy - who at the same time appears to be unwilling take any of the steps available to them to make their game play more challenging...
    how do u know i didnt take steps to make gameplay harder? In fact i did all that, i always hear that argument from ppl who are against harder content. But, as i have said in a post above, reducing your own power gets old rather quick, and yes id be happy with content that i have alrdy played to be harder. Cause atm i cant get any enjoyment out of Lomm, when its basicly only who touches the mob group first and you cant even use all your spells during boss fights.
    So you removed all enchantments, traded in high level gear for lower level gear, dismissed your companions (or called lower level companions with lower level runestones and gear) and still you're finding content like Lair of the Mad Mage "too easy"?

Well considering you're talking about group content, perhaps you should poll the rest of the players in your party and suggest they too remove their companions, runestones, enchantments, artifacts and good gear to make the content more difficult... but I'm not sure you'd care for the majority response.

Seems to me as it usually happens a great majority of players are fine with the content as it is, so they don't complain - don't post... Then a minority of players ask for more difficult or whatever and if they get what they want, it winds up ticking off the majority of players who thought the content was fine the way it was. I suppose I can understand someone wanting more difficult content to flex their character's build muscles and I suppose some more difficult Master Level content wouldn't be such a bad idea, but it depends entirely on how it is handled...

Just taking existing content and making it harder may be fine for a minority of players - but the majority who haven't complained, haven't posted and do not want the content made more difficult will be upset... Which is why I suggested different content being made more difficult, instead of the already existing content being made more difficult.

But then it would be a near impossible task for Devs to consistently come up with "more difficult" content... The release more difficult content, players get better and get better gear then demand even more difficult content. Undermountain was just released about a month ago with different and more difficult content and already you're asking for more and more difficult content. It's a never ending cycle, perhaps instead of more difficult content some players just need a little patience and should try not rushing through new content.

¢¢
    Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    dionchi said:

tom#6998 said:

dionchi said:

:lol::lol::lol: Some players are in such a rush to level up and complete available content and acquire the best gear they can possibly get - then feel it appropriate to complain about the game being "too easy", like it's someone else's fault they don't have any suitable playable content... and I'm willing to bet lot of times these are the same players who when asked: "what color are the leaves in the tree on the right after the first mob battle?" and they wouldn't be able to answer because of their 'hack and slash and run to the next battle' playstyle.

tom#6998 said:

-snip-

How about a Master Version of Lomm where everything deals twice as much dmg, and everything has 10x more HP? I dont even need better rewards, cause they are HAMSTER anyways. Just something that maybe is a bit challenging.

/rant over

Is playing the exact same content we've already played - only more difficult - really what anyone actually wants?

As has been pointed out numerous times in this thread and previous threads there are ways to make game content more difficult, more challenging, for anyone who is actually interested in having more challenging game content...

I just can't figure out why anyone would rant about the game being too easy - who at the same time appears to be unwilling take any of the steps available to them to make their game play more challenging...
    how do u know i didnt take steps to make gameplay harder? In fact i did all that, i always hear that argument from ppl who are against harder content. But, as i have said in a post above, reducing your own power gets old rather quick, and yes id be happy with content that i have alrdy played to be harder. Cause atm i cant get any enjoyment out of Lomm, when its basicly only who touches the mob group first and you cant even use all your spells during boss fights.
    So you removed all enchantments, traded in high level gear for lower level gear, dismissed your companions (or called lower level companions with lower level runestones and gear) and still you're finding content like Lair of the Mad Mage "too easy"?

Well considering you're talking about group content, perhaps you should poll the rest of the players in your party and suggest they too remove their companions, runestones, enchantments, artifacts and good gear to make the content more difficult... but I'm not sure you'd care for the majority response.

Seems to me as it usually happens a great majority of players are fine with the content as it is, so they don't complain - don't post... Then a minority of players ask for more difficult or whatever and if they get what they want, it winds up ticking off the majority of players who thought the content was fine the way it was. I suppose I can understand someone wanting more difficult content to flex their character's build muscles and I suppose some more difficult Master Level content wouldn't be such a bad idea, but it depends entirely on how it is handled...

Just taking existing content and making it harder may be fine for a minority of players - but the majority who haven't complained, haven't posted and do not want the content made more difficult will be upset... Which is why I suggested different content being made more difficult, instead of the already existing content being made more difficult.

But then it would be a near impossible task for Devs to consistently come up with "more difficult" content... The release more difficult content, players get better and get better gear then demand even more difficult content. Undermountain was just released about a month ago with different and more difficult content and already you're asking for more and more difficult content. It's a never ending cycle, perhaps instead of more difficult content some players just need a little patience and should try not rushing through new content.

¢¢
    i suggest u read again what i wrote, i did that with groups, it was fun at first, and it was challenging, but after some time it loses its fun to gear yourself down. Maybe thats cause it runs counter to the premise of an RPG where your goal is to improve your character, maybe its just me. Id be more then Happy with Optional harder Content like a Master Level Lomm. In fact bevore M16 launched i hoped that they would maybe implement a rune like system for Dungeons... sadly that didnt happen.

And no, Undermountain was not released with more difficult content, Lomm was easy as soon as ppl figured out the bosses, so maybe 1 day? id even go as far as to say that Castle Ravenloft was way harder then Lomm. So probably only in comparison to mod 15 content mod 16 can be considered a jump in difficulty. And mod 15 was peak borringness as far as i am concerned

And to adress the part about Minority, Majority etc. In my experience the majority of players dont complain in the Forums when they start to not like the game anymore, they just quit and move on. Tbh i hesitatet to post here, but from reading the forum the last weeks, ive seen mostly threads from ppl that complain that everything is to hard, i wanted to make this post to show that these arent the only ppl in the game, that there are also players that want harder content, and it looks like im not the only one.