test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M16 companion gear

Are there any other way to farm for these other than through the storyline?

Comments

• thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    Nope.
  • dukeguard#8158 dukeguard Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Ok so its a one off thing then. I would like to have the chance to redo the campaign if that's possible.
  • alanea#4230 alanea Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    hmm lets quote NWCTatumDev from reddit

"For the epic companion gear, the bigger concern about them being only given in the intro expeditions had been changed; they are now also rewards in the MEs. As for the disconnecting issues, we have got reports on this and we will be looking into it."

honestly i didnt hear about single comp gear drop since then .. so its probably wrong info .. but we can hope or get some official info
    Post edited by alanea#4230 on
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, maybe it's changed on the preview/test server and it will be patched somewhere in the future? I mean, if someone would have looted an epic companion equipment piece, i'm pretty sure they would have said something about it in game or here...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

"For the epic companion gear, the bigger concern about them being only given in the intro expeditions had been changed; they are now also rewards in the MEs. As for the disconnecting issues, we have got reports on this and we will be looking into it."

honestly i didnt hear about single comp gear drop since then .. so its probably wrong info .. but we can hope or get some official info

sounds to me like when they said the watcher set is alrdy in the game -.- cryptic is full of trolls
  • dukeguard#8158 dukeguard Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Can we have a dev answer on this?
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Yes please. An answer would be most appreciated. Can companion gear now be picked up through the Master Expeditions now?
    @nitocris83 @kreatyve @terramak ...anyone that has any info if this is true or false?
  • alanea#4230 alanea Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    tom#6998 said:

sounds to me like when they said the watcher set is alrdy in the game -.- cryptic is full of trolls

doubt he tried to lie or troll anyone ....it may drop with very low chance .... maybe its only on preview and he may not be aware of that .. maybe they changed their mind and canceled that change ...who knows

and honestly it doesnt matter how this happened we just need higlight this issue and get some answer

edit : seems we already have our answer
    Patch Notes: Version: NW.110.20190519a.28
    "Terminus Expedition companion gear can now also drop from Master Expeditions."
    Post edited by alanea#4230 on
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User

[...]

Yes, patchnotes say so... but... anyone got a drop? I asked everywhere (guild, zone, ...) and no one got a drop from ME
  • dlynn334dlynn334 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    b3llist0r said:

[...]

Yes, patchnotes say so... but... anyone got a drop? I asked everywhere (guild, zone, ...) and no one got a drop from ME
    Between me and my friend we ran 5 characters x3 and still no drops between me and him as well as our party. I have a feeling we are being watchered again..
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

Actually I got the pearl ring of the companion yesterday. But since then I got no companion gear. maybe it's RNG gated, as usual?
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • navras#4653 navras Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    > @lordseth1985 said:
    > hmm lets quote NWCTatumDev from reddit
    >
    > "For the epic companion gear, the bigger concern about them being only given in the intro expeditions had been changed; they are now also rewards in the MEs. As for the disconnecting issues, we have got reports on this and we will be looking into it."
    >
    > honestly i didnt hear about single comp gear drop since then .. so its probably wrong info .. but we can hope or get some official info
    >
    > Actually I got the pearl ring of the companion yesterday. But since then I got no companion gear. maybe it's RNG gated, as usual?

Where did it drop? From bosses or chests or ubaya?
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    An Alliance member I run MEs with daily got the Pearl Ring from Obaya.

As the patch notes only mention the Ring it seems that we are still missing the Choke Chain, which for those of us that missed it due to being partied is a huge deal.

The fact that Obaya’s loot table is ridiculously large and getting larger doesn’t help either, especially as several items are only different in appearance (Prized/Ebonized weapons for eg).
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, they could start with removing the bloody Blackened Jaw/Red Feather Clan HAMSTER from those "9 relics collected" chests...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!