test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sybella's Legacy Quest - Needs major work

sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
Places like Chult, I can only accept 3 out of the 4 repeatable. The mission given by Wulf Rygor "Missing Scouts" doesn't count. Worse yet, I have two quests that I am almost positive are not passable. If they are passable I would love to hear from someone who didn't waste hours sitting in a zone to get them done.

I did the Epic Heroic on SKT without an issue, but all the other HE's don't seem to count in Bryn Shander.

I did the three HE's on Curse of IWD without any problem, but Epic HE's don't seem to count. I tried both PvE and PvP Epics and got no credit.

Normally I would post this in bugs, but I hope someone will tell me a trick or gimmick I am missing. As of Monday 3 new quests drop from Sybella in PE, and all 8 of my characters are stuck with these 2 incomplete. I know they don't need to be done right away, but with 8 characters, I should not have to wait around 2 or 3 hours each for some Epic and then not get credit.

Thanks for your support! <3
wb-cenders.gif

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    The patrols count in Chult.

IWD epics are the Remorhaz in the Pass and the Black Ice Beholder in the Valley.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Sad to say, I encountered the Remorhaz in the Pass as I emerged from Biggrin's Tomb. There was only 3 of us present to do it, and I shouted in zone the event was up and no one came. So Epic Failed. Players off doing the events? Sure. But there was a total of 18 players in the map I was on. I used player search to look after the event failed.

Thomas @mimicking#6533 please for the love of all that is holy, set the timers shorter or at least include the other encounters to count in the area. Today many players did "Raid the Raiders!" in the Pass and one of them commented, I guess that wasn't epic enough to count. I know that is a major and not an epic, so maybe a descriptive list is in order?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I have the same problem... did the Black Ice Beholder in Dwarven Valley and NOPE... no credit. Not only that, there is NO HE in Caer Konig.. only in D Valley and Icewind pass.. just saying.
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I did Beholder and complete it. Not sure why you didnt.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It is really a mess, trying to figure out which quests, HEs, Mobs count for their respective challenges. These things are fairly obvious bugs but that is cold comfort if you need the currencies.

Chult quests count in Omu, Soshenstar count except for Bariri. Weeklies seem to count for Omu but not Soshenstar. Found quests in Omu count. Patrols for Soshenstar count (haven't tested 100% weeklies and found quests or Omu patrols)

SKT Defending the Dale doesn't count nor any quest in Lonelywood. Most found quests outside of LW count but Wandering Frost Giant in Brynn doesn't. Somi seems to randomly advance the counter. Campaign Intro quests count, for the most part.

River District counts Demiplanes and Dig sites as quests. The weekly counts. The daily does not but if you take the objective to retrieve an object from a vault that does count. Objective to kill mobs doesn not count. Riverside Rumble counts but Stencil Cypher does not.

Dread Ring counts the dailies and weekly AFAIK. Phantasmal Fortress counts with a Knox quest but Dread Spire does not (Conqueror challenge is the same in this)

Sharandar counts the mini zone quests and Reservoir but not Battle For... or the daily lairs.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    Just to add to the nice list from @pitshade , I think the weekly quest in Maze Engine (Bard Tale) works for the quest, but the daily (Helping Bruenor) does not. Re-playing the quest line works.

IWD is still buggy. Black Ice Beholder does not work for all--you can complete it and not get credit for the quest. But it does work sometimes (or so I hear--didn't work for me).

And no, @highlyunstable is correct--although the silly quest keeps telling you to go to Caer Konig for the HEs, I have never seen an HE in the town either. :p

I have the same problem... did the Black Ice Beholder in Dwarven Valley and NOPE... no credit. Not only that, there is NO HE in Caer Konig.. only in D Valley and Icewind pass.. just saying.

There's the Need For Mead in Caer-Konig. And didn't count when I ran it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    I'm pretty sure the Need for Mead is a quest, rather than an HE. Regardless, it appears that this one doesn't work to fulfill the legacy quest line either.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    There are 2 Remorhaz related HEs. I believe that what confuses many. The one next to Biggring's tomb is not the one! The Remorhaz HEs that counts spans in the middle of the map. But it happens rarely and when it does it goes fast.
  • h3llbentwisph3llbentwisp Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    For the maze engine legacy, I can only get the Baphomet weekly to work. I have done the entire into to the maze engine over and none of them counted. The daily in Underdark does not work either.
    You can redo the different quests in the campaign through Bruenor. Those count. That was how I cleared it.
  • abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User

For the maze engine legacy, I can only get the Baphomet weekly to work. I have done the entire into to the maze engine over and none of them counted. The daily in Underdark does not work either.

Re-play any of the story quests (not sword coast) which are given by Bruenor there - they count! (Act IV - Epilogue is the shortest)
    Hide The Pain Harold!
    I finally killed the Black Ice Beholder today! On 1 of 8 characters and the quest is only 11 days old. If that is some kind of average, I should have the weekly done in about 2 to 3 months. There are still many players waiting on this monster to show up or set some kind of pattern. Some people have waited several hours for the Epic to drop. If it does not change, I will refuse to pick it up the next time around. This is in my opinion a Dead End Quest!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I'm still waiting on Yester Hill to pop in Barovia while I'm on. Waited for nearly an hour yesterday morning. There were only 3 instances of Barovia, and it didn't pop in any of them before I got so bored that I logged off.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    @kreatyve OMG! I did the same thing today! lol

Glad I saw your post now though. I hope they can address this. Can't finish my legacy quests for the day without it.
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Yester Hill was spawning in this sequence earlier in the week [by instance number]

1, 2, 3, 5, 4, 6 [or something similar]

The pattern would start every fifteen minutes or so, so we got together and jumped to the zone either next to have the Yester spawn, or the one after, and wait.

The community was calling spawn instances so people could line themselves up for the BHE in Barovia. It was all very lovely and everyone was working together as a team to help everyone complete the Quest.

Fabulous all round :)
    Another tip - try and do the legacy quests on day one [Monday] as that is when most players are in [for example] Barovia, and this swells the number of instances. :)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Another tip - try and do the legacy quests on day one [Monday] as that is when most players are in [for example] Barovia, and this swells the number of instances. :)

I did the first 2 Monday, but didn't realize what a pain the Ravenloft one was. I should have done that one Monday. :( The other 2 were easy and I didn't have to rely on help from others.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Yester Hill starts in an instance 1 hour after it completes. (mod 12 and 13 BHE are the same) It is best to these early in the week but there is a resurgence in interest in the weekend when people with less time during the week are able to play.

As far as Maze Engine, the repeat option is your friend. I have settled on Strange Concoctions, Araj Tower, Mutual Arrangements and Epilogue as the fastest 4. Then I do Ballad for the final one.

IWD Conqueror can be done on zone, but Need For Mead and Biggrins will take care of the lions share of mobs.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited June 2019
    kreatyve said:

I'm still waiting on Yester Hill to pop in Barovia while I'm on. Waited for nearly an hour yesterday morning. There were only 3 instances of Barovia, and it didn't pop in any of them before I got so bored that I logged off.

Barovia and Chult are simple, they are actually on a 60 minute cool down per instance. If I am working on a map and see a group of people saying thank you, more than likely, they just ended an BHE. I take note of their instance and the time and get an alt in there in 45 minutes for the next one. Otherwise I wait around in the same map and it will pop up in less than an hour. When you have 3 maps, unless the timers are clustered, it should be about 20 to 30 for a new BHE. If the server resets, you have to wait a full hour for the BHE. Yester Hill and King of Spines has a set cool down timer, we just don't see it.

Icewind Dale is not so simple, I spent 1 hour talking to a person in the Valley about how they have been waiting for an hour also. After being there for 80 minutes the Black Ice Beholder popped up next to me. We killed it and I got the quest completed. I figured maybe 2½ to 3 hours wait between spawns. Nope, I got on 2 hours later, as an alternate and waited with another player who said they were there for almost the two hours and not going to give up. I waited and it was a no show after more than an hour more of waiting. The other player was reading a book and all I demolished was a bag of chips. Over 3 hours in the same instance, and not a peep, I left and the other player stayed reading their book. I played elsewhere and when I got back 1 hour later the same player was still there waiting. They waited more than 4 hours doing nothing but waiting for this quest, this is insane! Unless they have this random, I am guessing it might be cycled and just depends on how much gets done in the area to repeat the cycle.

It would be nice if the developers could either change the quest requirements or have the epics show up a bit more often.

ATTN: @callumf#9018 @nachodx22

The only reason the BHE spawns in numerical order 1,2,3,etc.. the instances are called into existence and the timer starts. There is no changing instance in Icewind Dale because of PvP area.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    The team is looking into this.
  • nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User

GREAT TIP! I will do this next week (particularly the quests that require BHEs). Thank you!

On another note, maybe a timer like the dragon HE's would help.
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
  • matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Several great ideas have been suggested and the lack of BHE and other things are making kinks in completing. But they could do something real easy this patch, (real easy without major changes I mean) that they could later " fix " to make it as they intended.

Just offer alternative completion path.

Have a "do this" OR "this" so you can do the legacy. So rather than do 3xHE(3x suggested players) and 1xBHE (10x suggested players) have it offer a alternative path 3xHE(3player) and one of 1xHE(10player) OR 2xHE(5player) OR 3xHE(3player).

So in effect: 1. do 6xHE (3player) OR 2. do 3xHE (3player) +2xHE (5player) OR 3. (as it is currently) 3xHE(3player) +1xHE(10player).

There are enough HE (5player) ones to be done, that you wouldn't have to wait hours and hours per character for a BHE(10 player).

Could get even more creative later on: Do X HE + kill X mobs in zone (say 50% of what you needed for the straight out kill ones). Or X HE + X quests ( perhaps 50% of what was needed for the straight out quest # ones)

Anyway, they could do in the existing structure, a "option completion path" without having to scrap what they got already in existence and rework what they have currently later.

Just an idea Devs.
    @matthattr It isn't about the "amount" it is about availability. The players in IWD was saying that both the Black Ice Beholder and the Remorhaz are the only BHE's that count. To make matters worse, nobody can tell us the spawn times. The times seem very chaotic. I fully understand the timers in Chult and Ravenloft. Those BHE are set to a 60 minute cool down, and they faithfully spawn every 1 hour per map available. IWD doesn't have available maps to jump to because of the PvP. The only way to know which map you are on is to bring up the Social Menu with the O key and look under Find Player tab. But you will not be able to jump map to map within the area. This makes it especially impossible on Monday when you could be waiting the Dwarven Valley #3 and have somebody say the Beholder just spawned but they are over in #2. Add to this, if they are not your selected faction, you cannot get invited to their party. If you can get an invite you have to hope you have the time to leave the map and get there before everyone kills it.

The last thing we need is more to do in these areas. We just need more spawns and not seemingly random spawns.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

@matthattr It isn't about the "amount" it is about availability. The players in IWD was saying that both the Black Ice Beholder and the Remorhaz are the only BHE's that count. To make matters worse, nobody can tell us the spawn times. The times seem very chaotic. I fully understand the timers in Chult and Ravenloft. Those BHE are set to a 60 minute cool down, and they faithfully spawn every 1 hour per map available. IWD doesn't have available maps to jump to because of the PvP. The only way to know which map you are on is to bring up the Social Menu with the O key and look under Find Player tab. But you will not be able to jump map to map within the area. This makes it especially impossible on Monday when you could be waiting the Dwarven Valley #3 and have somebody say the Beholder just spawned but they are over in #2. Add to this, if they are not your selected faction, you cannot get invited to their party. If you can get an invite you have to hope you have the time to leave the map and get there before everyone kills it.

The last thing we need is more to do in these areas. We just need more spawns and not seemingly random spawns.

To move between maps in IWD, you have to party up with a player in the map where you want to be. Then go back to Caer Konig, and return to the Pass. You will be with your party member.
  • matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User

I wasn't proposing more to do, I was proposing "alternative completion conditions". For people that don't totally enjoy waiting hours, days, weeks for a BHE to spawn...a alternative method to get the quest cleared, a few more HE(3player) or a couple HE(5 player) in place if the 1xBHE.

I'm loath to suggest a world spawn timer clock, they used to have timers for all kinds of group content like gauntlegrym or bonus rewards for doing this or that dungeon within this or that 30 minutes or hour. They sucked! Never failed, that I or friends would log on, see something we would want to do ticking down, we would rush rush to get in and it was completed. Or the dungeon bonus was on when we started but we would miss killing final boss and loot chest by 5:02 missing out on the bonus.

The timer clocks was one of the reasons gauntlegrym pvp was such a major fail, it would feed one side or the other more players allowing them to dominate for weeks and weeks on end, people just gave up, figuring it wasn't worth a hour or more of their time when the other side owned it. That was what was so wrong in WoW with contested PVPVE, the server populations were always one or the other faction twice as many players, owning whole sections of the map, not allowing for change of hands and quest completions.

You know what would happen with a beholder or remorhaz clock, everyone would rush to get there in time and it would be killed already, further pissing people off. If the point is to get people to go back to old zones and breath more life into old content, the BHE thing is killing the intent. People are already ignoring the more annoying aspects, if it isn't addressed soon they will just pass on it altogether.

• b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I my self can see the reason for the challenging campaign weeklies however the rewards is 1 thing I totally do not get.
    With that said I have had my time with a few issues with these quest.
    Like doing river district and not sure what quest completes it because well omm quest does not state what to do to complete it so I had to play a bit of guessing games just to see what did.
    I would enjoy it a bit if I did not have to take guesses oh maybe the weekly portal works nope okay maybe dig sites yep good maybe this and that its just ya dont like it.
    There for I pass on wasting my time on this for such bad rewards dont see the point.
    I think the rewards are fine. You can obtain Marks or enchants for which you would need to shell out quite a bit of AD or you can work to upgrade your companions. Not a bad gig if you want to save a million AD by completing enough to get 120 Comp upgrade coins.

For the most part, I like the Legacy quest system--but it needs to be patched--and soon. I was in IWD over the past several days helping out my guild, and I saw ChillTooth pop frequently, but never Black Ice Beholder. What the Hamster???? Wouldn't it be nice if all the epics would count????

@mimicking#6533 --could we please get an update on when the fixes will be implemented?
    b4t1b4t said:

There for I pass on wasting my time on this for such bad rewards dont see the point.

I was of this opinion for a while. But I quite enjoy it now.

I would upgrade the amount of currency given by about 20% or something to make it even sweeter with Mod 17 coming up some time...