test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prominence

I keep hearing that Prominence is no longer BiS for DPS. Why?

Comments

• merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    its ok...I actually do better with vorpal.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    The damage prom used to do has been super nerfed.. 50% bonus critical severity is bis for this mod.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    If you have a prom enchant I'd advise against dumping it. Use another enchant for now and hold onto it.

Look at vorpal. It was BIS back in the early mods, then got super nerfed and was a bargain basement enchant for a long time - I bought what is now a level 12 back when it was called Transcendant for just over 1 million AD. Now it's considered BIS again, and the cheapest level 12 vorpal on the AH is going for over 4.5 million.

Call it the circle of nerf. Prom is nerfed for now - but in a year or two? Could be BIS again.
  • jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @kemnimtarkas said:
    > If you have a prom enchant I'd advise against dumping it. Use another enchant for now and hold onto it.
    >
    > Look at vorpal. It was BIS back in the early mods, then got super nerfed and was a bargain basement enchant for a long time - I bought what is now a level 12 back when it was called Transcendant for just over 1 million AD. Now it's considered BIS again, and the cheapest level 12 vorpal on the AH is going for over 4.5 million.
    >
    > Call it the circle of nerf. Prom is nerfed for now - but in a year or two? Could be BIS again.

Hmm. Good point. I will hang on to it!
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Ran ACT with no comp and slotted prominence 13, total damage was 38k out of 5mil total. Ran frost 12, was around 300k of 8 mil. Taking vorpal out of equation, prominence is on the really low end right now. Im holding onto it for now.
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    wating 2 years for a enchant to come back is pointless, you are better of selling it and investing the money on something that works.
  • jantogsf#0997 jantogsf Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @divectore said:
    > wating 2 years for a enchant to come back is pointless, you are better of selling it and investing the money on something that works.

True. Very true.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Unless I have no option and have to sell in order to get something that works, I would not sell it. I prefer to sell when the price is high and not when the price is low. For me, this is the time to buy and stock up. However, if you don't have a choice, you don't have a choice. Or, you think the price will go even further down.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • fremen#4136 fremen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    What is worth more....an enchant that MIGHT become useful/more valuable years in the future, or the storage slot it consumes for those years?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited July 2019

What is worth more....an enchant that MIGHT become useful/more valuable years in the future, or the storage slot it consumes for those years?

If these are the only factors (it is not), then, former. Storage is cheap. I have a lot more worth less stuff than that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    There is nothing more fun than finding out that the item you've had sitting gathering dust for some reason is now worth scads of AD....