test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do Protector's Figurines still expire?

baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 127 Arc User
Just wondering if they changed these. In the past if you moused over the figure in you riches section it would show you a time till they expired, but now they don't have that indicated. Renown was the same way, but the flavor text still leads toward it disappearing.

Comments

• dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Nevermind
    DD~
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    How do you even get those? The quests don't give them, is a random drop from Protector's Bounty the only way?
  • cooldazcooldaz Member Posts: 31 Arc User

How do you even get those? The quests don't give them, is a random drop from Protector's Bounty the only way?

By completing all of Elminsters quests each day I believe. One a day.
    edited June 2019
    Players need a number of Protector's Figurines for event specific rewards, considering the Anniversary event only goes on for 7-days and considering players will need:
    • A whopping 18-figurines for a full set of Anniversary Event "Ceremonial" Protector's Armor,
    • 15-figurines for a Protector's Garden pass Key,
    • 10-figurines for a Traveling Entertainer Companion,
    • 10-Figurines for a Jubilee Event Unicorn and
    • 1 to 2-figurines for the least expensive items available from the Event Vendor
    No player will be able to purchase items other than multiples of the two least expensive items, unless they by the mercies of the "random roll chance gods" - get additional figurines by opening up Protector's Bounty chests - or can buy figurines from the Zen Market.

Because unfortunately Protector's Figurines (and Protector's Renown event coins) just disappear from every player's inventory days after the annual Jubilee event... :rage: Something I've been cussing since the first anniversary event when someone thought it would be a good idea to have items or tokens, earned by players during an event, just disappear from their inventory...

But I suppose having tokens and figurines taken away from players after the event in some minds, would encourage a few players to spend money to purchase Protector's Figurines from the Zen market while they're available and requires the expenditure of no more effort than necessary from the Neverwinter/Cryptic staff to come, up with new or alternative items for future events for those players not able to afford them during the limited time they are available.
    DD~
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2019

Your first Protector's Bounty opened each day gives 1 figurine. After that it is random, iirc.

Also, I don't do these events much anymore (because Cryptic never updates the rewards, thus after you participate once there isn't a lot of reason to keep doing so each year), but again iirc you get shareable Protectors Hospitality item, which you share with other people. If you form up with some folks to trade Hospitality, I'm not certain on the memory but I think you can get (rarely) a Figurine drop from the gifts other people share with you.

(Note: When I say not a lot of reason to participate after first time, there are people who mass-farm the Bounties each year because they want something out of the random drops from them. I am referring to the purchaseable store items rather than random drop farming.)
  • ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    I hope they do not disappear. The drop for boxes and figurines has been dismal this time around. The best bet to get boxes is running through your stronghold. The Hospitality drops is about 1 in 5 boxes opened (if you are lucky). I have opened a lot of boxes and have done a few (about 30) hospitality and only received 3 figurines on 3 characters.

I just looked at the currency and it SHOULD NOT expire. There is no timer on them so hopefully next year, since the drops suck, we will be able to get something.
    ontrix1 said:

I hope they do not disappear. The drop for boxes and figurines has been dismal this time around. The best bet to get boxes is running through your stronghold. The Hospitality drops is about 1 in 5 boxes opened (if you are lucky). I have opened a lot of boxes and have done a few (about 30) hospitality and only received 3 figurines on 3 characters.

I just looked at the currency and it SHOULD NOT expire. There is no timer on them so hopefully next year, since the drops suck, we will be able to get something.

I would suggest you steel-yourself for disappointment, to my knowledge figurines have always disappeared a few days after the event and I've seen nothing indicating there has been a change for this year, but I wholeheartedly agree they "SHOULD NOT expire", or be removed from a player's inventory - particularly since players took the time and made the effort to earn them to begin with...

Unfortunately however, that's not really our call ~ :s

DD~