test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leveling active, non-summoned pets

It seems only summoned pets gain XP. The rationale for this change is unclear to me.

Devs, I say XP should be shared across all active pets as it was pre-Mod 16! Running ToNG with a level 5 goat is suboptimal!

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Is there any active pet anymore in mod 16?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Just the summoned one. I've been burning through the remains of my xp tomes leveling up comps when I can.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    The "20% of XP goes to active companions" was a VIP perk that disappeared with Mod 16, iirc.

I also used the companion XP tomes to boost a few new guys up the early levels. The other trick is equip the companion you want to use for running content, then summon the companion you want to level for the times when you are turning in missions, invoking etc. for that boost of XP.