test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UNDERMOUNTAIN PREVIEW PATCH NOTES: NW.110.20190519a.25

dinothar#0764 dinothar Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 8 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes

Content and Environment
Queues
  • Players no longer need higher than intended armor penetration for Chult and Ravenloft. This was caused by an old buff that was still in place by accident in M16. Thank you for the reports.
  • Temple of Tiamat
    • Tiamat’s aura will work now when she has emerged.
    • Fixed facing issues with summoners and Severen.
    • Severen uses new splats with meteor powers.
  • Tomb of the Nine Gods Epic
    • Changed the Order of the puzzles to is intended sequence.
  • Castle Ravenloft.
    • Adjustments have been made to the damage of Strahd's attacks. The damage dealt by the following powers has been reduced: ardor, zornhau, lunge, shadowcrash, engarde, and bloodflight. Strahd's auto attack damage has also been decreased.
    • The damage dealt by the Sunsword has been reduced.
    • The magnitude is now clearly displayed on the tooltips of the Sunsword's powers.
    • The heal effect of the Sunsword encounter power "Daybreak" has been increased.
    • Resolved an issue wherein the Sunsword encounter "Sunbeam" did not deal damage for the full length of its charge.
    • Strahd no longer pushes players who are immune to control resist with lunge during his ultimate phase.
    • The health of the shades imprisoning your ally during the nightmare phase of Strahd's boss encounter has been reduced.
    • Resolved an issue wherein the damage dealt by the Executioner's Guillotine during the nightmare phase of Strahd's boss encounter was not lethal.
    • Resolved an issue wherein shades of your party dealt 0 damage during the nightmare phase of Strahd's boss encounter.
  • Lair of the Mad Mage
    Trobriand
    • Matching charged players are still repelled away from one another, but may now stand as close as together without punishment.
    • Magnetic discharge now only deals damage when players with opposing charges collide.
    • The distance that magnetic discharge pushes and pulls players has been reduced.
    • The potency and duration of the negative condition applied by magnetic discharge has been increased.
    • The damage dealt by the electric coils on the floor of Trobriand's room has been increased.
Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance

Fighter (Vanguard)
  • Shieldthrower no longer lowers the magnitude of Shield Throw to 150, instead of the indicated 250.
  • Knee Breaker now auto slots on hitting level 5.
Fighter (Dreadnought)
  • Momentum no longer requires the player to be moving to gain the effect of Bull Charge.
  • Heavy Slash tooltip incorrectly indicated a magnitude of 100. The actual magnitude has been and will remain 80, the tooltip will be updated to match.
  • Heavier Slash when under the effect of the feat's proc., Heavy Slash would deal damage twice, once for 280 magnitude and once for 80 magnitude. The power now only deals the expected 280 magnitude damage.
  • Commander's Strike did not properly benefit from effects enhancing physical damage.
  • Commander's Strike erroneously indicated it increased the target's damage taken by 5%, the actual increase is 10%.
Paladin
  • Radiant Strike has been renamed Radiant Slam to more accurately describe the attack and set it apart from other more similar at-wills using the term Strike.
Paladin (Justicar)
  • Divine Challenger did not cause Smite to place the caster at the top of the target's threat list as indicated.
Warlock
  • Warlock's Bargain was only cleansing allies and not the caster, it should now also cleanse the caster.

Post edited by dinothar#0764 on

Comments

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    Please remember to change the "Radiant Slam" artifact power boost name so that it suports the newly named at-will
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    i know its just the preview server, but if all these go live, tyvm.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    PartiaI paraIysis not being cIeansed
  • mestrahdmestrahd Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I like the change to Warlock's Bargain. I felt it was odd for them to not be able to cleanse themselves. However, I was hoping for more work to Tiamat. I've run it twice so far, and both times we were only able to kill one head in the 5 minutes. Maybe if it were 5 minutes PER head, or just reduce the damage of the Green one, it might be possible. Maybe it's not even 5 minutes, that's just what we had left after the other phases...
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Still getting frequent disconnects while transferring to Master Expeditions, or party members split into different instances when returning from one.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    some nice fixes...good....would have expected to see the missing shirts/pants and a change to alabaster drop rate, as those were mentioned as being fixed internally.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    dressroba said:

> * Temple of Tiamat

> * Tiamat’s aura will work now when he has emerged.

tiamat is a " he " :o

Yes, He is Queen Tiamat. Male dragon lays the egg while female nurse their hatchling. One big happy family. While human female bear and nurse children, human male venture out to seek other female. Jerk. Anyway, world is ending and nothing makes sense.
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    miguelfdz said:

Won't say anymore, because here we got less freedom of speech than communist Russia and the holy inquisition have an eye on me.

and a few fanboys/snitches too so better watch out for those.

• fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    Please take a look at the responsiveness of Fireball on tab for thaumaturges wizard. Often times it doesn't even fire off at all. Feels akin to the old bane not firing, trying to target allies on protector paladin pre mod 16. Thanks.
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Yeah, quite a few powers have an AoE, but target a specific enemy. Annoying how the attack behaves if the enemy is killed mid animation.
    I'd be fine with Searing Javelin getting an AoE shaped like a rectangle and Fireball firing even if the enemy is dead.
  • fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    > @evemj said:
    > Yeah, quite a few powers have an AoE, but target a specific enemy. Annoying how the attack behaves if the enemy is killed mid animation.
    > I'd be fine with Searing Javelin getting an AoE shaped like a rectangle and Fireball firing even if the enemy is dead.

Also if fireball fires if enemy is dead, it should leave an area of fire on the ground like cleric's flamestrike.
  • cybearlabcybearlab Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    when can a barbarian and a warlock be able to dodge traps on an expedition?
  • martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    cybearlab said:

and I would like to know that too! are the only characters that do not shy away from the traps
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Release Notes

Fighter (Dreadnought)

Heavy Slash tooltip incorrectly indicated a magnitude of 100. The actual magnitude has been and will remain 80, the tooltip will be updated to match.

Given the sub-par DPS of the Dreadnought, perhaps leaving the tooltip and adjusting Heavy Strike to magnitude 100 would have been a better solution here ...
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • gryzellagryzella Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    Thanks for fixed Daunting Light.I can't wait to see it on live server.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited June 2019

cybearlab said:

and I would like to know that too! are the only characters that do not shy away from the traps
    if you are using shift key to speed up forward and get caught in a runic trap, you can't avoid it, its a trap, feel it like it is a big deep hole on the floor when it activates and you fell inside of it and you take time to get up ready to move on, best way is to walk normally and when you see it activate press shift key and run away from it, so you dont get caught, works on my wiz, rogue, warlock and cleric.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    arcanjo86 said:

cybearlab said:

if you are using shift key to speed up forward and get caught in a runic trap, you can't avoid it, its a trap, feel it like it is a big deep hole on the floor when it activates and you fell inside of it and you take time to get up ready to move on, best way is to walk normally and when you see it activate press shift key and run away from it, so you dont get caught, works on my wiz, rogue, warlock and cleric.
    It never works on my warlock (and it never works for barbarian friends either)--> "dash-run" classes.
    In parallel, I have no problem on my "dodge" or "block" classes whether or not they were shifting before stepping on the trap.

By the way, since the patch note dated 22th of March, I am waiting for "Vampiric Embrace now properly spawns a soul puppet."

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Given how little damage the ole Radiant "Slam" does in Mod 16 you might as well call it to Radiant Tap. :/
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    -Spy guild shirts and pants HAVE been added to seal vendor.
    -4% AP gain on new artifact necks have been changed to +5 con.

(Things I noticed checking into preview)
This discussion has been closed.