test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 16 xbox DPS cleric much too slow

onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
Maybe I do something wrong. My cleric is 22.8k my cw is 22k.
If i play with my cleric on things like Throne of dwarfen I use the spear to fill up the Pipe for the javelin.
So 1.2.3.4.5.6 fire javelin. The Problem while I have to do load up my Burning bar most of the mobs are dead.
I stand around for 4 second doing almost no damage.

My cw feels much better - no pipe management no Divinity - only run in do rotations deal damage.
For a DPS DC I wish the same. Its not fun standing around for 4 second only to see yea mobs are gone.
I feel much too slow.

Also whats missing is an Artifact Offhand power for divinity gain. I think it should be possible to get 10 additional divinity when you critical hit if you use the right class feature. This way a hcrit DC does only need to manage 2 Pipes and not 3 with divinity also.

To make the DC faster reduce the Pipes - so you need only to load 3 - or instead of different pipes only 1 Pipe lets expand to 10.
The higher the bar the more damage you deal - so for Boss fight you could load all 10 and do alot of damage without managing too much of the pipes.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I will save the fire pips from one group for when the monsters first arrive to use Searing Javelin, or just use it with only a few pips. Other ways I can quickly gain fire pips, use BTS and Geas on the bone golems (or the larger mind flayers with the alternate version of throne) and when I get sudden verdict on those use a searing jav. But the main thing is using one group of critters to charge up for another group, or in the case of a high dps group, just using unpowered searing jav. If you take into account the time it takes to get a full empower meant vs just using it without you can get a higher sustained (be sure to convert all yellow pips to divinity if you don't have a radiant daily you are wanting to use).