test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account bound zen items

killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
Anyone else getting random account bound Zen purchases?

Been buying stacks of preservation wards and they are randomly being slapped with different temporary account bound settings. Some are 7 days, some are 6 days.

It's like their purchase system is wacked and sometimes picks up the wrong account info and if someone is buying at the same time as you and has a 7 or 6 day lock set to their zen, your item gets that lock period. The real pain is that it's creating different stacks for things.

Comments

• tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I'm not sure about the different amount of days, but, I do remember a news feed post saying they were going to "temporarily" put items bought in the zen market om hold, to combat the bots, I think it was right around the time mod 16 came out
  • datdamnguy#6685 datdamnguy Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have noticed a few irregularities in item binding also. I had 3 or 4 invocation bags have all rewards bind to char and had a few that i could auction... only thing i noticed so far
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    It happened to me too.

Bought some stacks of preservation wards and now I have 80 preservation wards bound - 7 days. And if you upgrade something unbound with this wards it becomes bound!!!

@nitocris83 this should be reviewed.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Just wow.... Good to know
  • killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Basically what happens is as you purchase items, sometimes it brings up the normal purchase dialog and occasionally it will flicker between the normal purchase dialog and one that tells about a temporary account bind with a confirm bind button. The thing is, it will sometimes flicker back and forth quickly so you don't know if you are clicking on confirm bind or purchase button. It's like it some sort of sick joke, where they don't want you to know what you are clicking on.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    That is weird. I bought a boatload of pres wards yesterday and while the GUI flickered after pressing Buy (I can see something about "confirm" during the flicker), none of them ended up getting bound. Maybe I got lucky. Will definitely look out for that.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    There is something odd going on. I bought a pile of Preservation wards (500 or so), as I had quite a few R14s I wanted to take to R15. Now, one stack of 10 is bound (7 days). I am not sure whether that's one of those I bought from the Zen store, or if it dropped from the first "free gift" pack.

Anyhow, getting a warning message about using the wards binding my enchants is annoying...but I can let that single stack wait a week, I guess.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I found the news feed post (dated February 28, 2019) regarding the temporary binding status on zen purchases, reading through the other responses to this and the post, there might be a bug if it's happening sporadically, I don't know when or if they implemented the "temporary binding" on zen purchases, since I haven't purchased anything in quite awhile, hope this helps, https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11102103-updates-to-anti-fraud-measures
    Yes it's related to that, but that is only supposed to affect folks that recently did zen purchases while they wait for the purchase to clear. My Zen is all old and not affected by that.

Basically if you click through fast, you will occasionally end up with a stack or 2 or however many of 7 day bound wards. If you click through very slowly and make sure that window that flashes occasional goes away before you click purchase you will be ok. It's a lot slower, but I was able to get a bunch of stacks without any bound ones.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks! We're looking into this and will provide updates when available!
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    This is unofficially an anti bot and anti auto-click feature from the zen store.

The reason is that if you spam the purchases like devil is coming for you, previously you got a lot of "a transaction is still being processed" (or something similar to this) but as nothing avoided you to keep spamming it, everyone and their cats were spamming the purchases, so basically we all were saturating the server.

This new feature is a way of telling us all "hey, please calm down, be polite and buy more slowly, the zen discount last 4 days, you can take your time".

As I understand it, it's just a warning not a punishment, that's the reason it is a 7 days Bound to Account status and not a permanent binding.

@nitocris83 It would be of great help to everyone if zen items that are purchased in bulk amounts, like the preservation wards, could either be bought with an slider for the number of packs to be purchased, or simply adding a few bulk packs so it saves time and headaches to everyone. These bulk packs don't even need any discount (compared to the existing one) because they would be only added as a help for massive purchases.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    nisckis said:

This is unofficially an anti bot and anti auto-click feature from the zen store.
    This new feature is a way of telling us all "hey, please calm down, be polite and buy more slowly, the zen discount last 4 days, you can take your time".

As I understand it, it's just a warning not a punishment, that's the reason it is a 7 days Bound to Account status and not a permanent binding.

Where are you getting this information from?

At best, it sounds like pure Facebook speculations, at worst, it's an insane new "feature".

I'm hoping for the FB speculation...

No, this is a bug. The window will literally flicker back and forth between temporary bound and regular. Sometimes it doesn't do it, sometimes it does it only once, sometimes it does it like 4 times. Basically if you wait like 5 seconds after hitting buy it settles down and you get a normal dialog. Crazy HAMSTER.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    nisckis said:

The reason is that if you spam the purchases like devil is coming for you, previously you got a lot of "a transaction is still being processed" (or something similar to this) but as nothing avoided you to keep spamming it, everyone and their cats were spamming the purchases, so basically we all were saturating the server.

@nitocris83 It would be of great help to everyone if zen items that are purchased in bulk amounts, like the preservation wards, could either be bought with an slider for the number of packs to be purchased, or simply adding a few bulk packs so it saves time and headaches to everyone. These bulk packs don't even need any discount (compared to the existing one) because they would be only added as a help for massive purchases.

its more like, hey have fun spending 5 hours to buy your pres wards
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User

No, this is a bug. The window will literally flicker back and forth between temporary bound and regular. Sometimes it doesn't do it, sometimes it does it only once, sometimes it does it like 4 times. Basically if you wait like 5 seconds after hitting buy it settles down and you get a normal dialog. Crazy HAMSTER.

If you look at your zen number you will see it going up and down, everytime it moves up in the confirmation window it shows the binding one, and everytime it moves down it shows the normal one.

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    tom#6998 said:

nisckis said:

its more like, hey have fun spending 5 hours to buy your pres wards
    If AD is such a problem,
    They've all got Strongholds,
    Guess we should rob them...

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    they cant even get their shop to work.... this game is more and more becoming a satire
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    nisckis said:

Then they could give us the option to buy stacks of preservation wards instead of having to click once for every ten.

Buying a thousand preservation wards is a whole awful lot of clicking, and I know a lot of people that buy far more than that.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited June 2019

nisckis said:

Then they could give us the option to buy stacks of preservation wards instead of having to click once for every ten.

Buying a thousand preservation wards is a whole awful lot of clicking, and I know a lot of people that buy far more than that.
    Or at least add increased stacks of P-wards to the market for those who wish to purchase them, maybe the available option for players to purchase 10-25-50 P-wards at a time instead of the currently available just 10 or maybe a slider to purchase multiples of stacks of 10 P-wards at a time?
    DD~