What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Tiamat still broken?

2»

Comments

• Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    Not sure if any changes were made but i ran this the day it came back, we damaged the heads to less than 25% and they DID NOT regenerate their hp back to 25 or 30%hp. As long as you dont kill them, i think the hp holds as to what it was last.
  • Options
    emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I believe Tia needs a gated entry....i mean before the group enters the field they should all gather on a platform and have the usual few second count down. Why? Because it needs strategy discussion and players who know what to do. If the dragon souls are not picked up and activated most likely the event will fail. In past there were enough players amongst the 25 who knew what to do and thus many just followed the crowed ( I was one of those who followed) but now knowing the mechanics is a MUST.
    So given a few min or 2 before the group enters might make a lot of difference. As it is now most players immediately dive into the fight and no one is coordinating. It is hard to coordinate once the group is engaged as things go fast.
    Oh But please do not lock out the players behind a barrier if they die..that would be just another failure in making. Just in case you decide to consider it 😁
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I don't think ilevel is the problem in tiamat. Since the Tiamat fix patch, those mob isn't that tough nor they hurt alot. What hurt most now are the red zone. As long as people avoid them, they will be fine. I even once saw a 15k cw solo a head getting it down by 10% before getting killed by dragon breath. What fail the run is that people don't group together or run with their healer. They just wandering off and try to be smart HAMSTER soloing the heads. When u keep dying, there is a huge drop in dps. So stay in one big group. That way, u got 2 healer to keep u alive and consequently ensure the group dps efficiency.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Lots of great comments and opinions.

FACT is most Pug Tiamats fail - I have run a few and not one has come close to success.

Therefore there is a problem for most in a Random Queue - should it be "fixed" [i.e. made easier] or should the devs force players to learn the mechanics?

That is the question :)
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

Not sure if any changes were made but i ran this the day it came back, we damaged the heads to less than 25% and they DID NOT regenerate their hp back to 25 or 30%hp. As long as you dont kill them, i think the hp holds as to what it was last.

Yes, it holds at what it was unless it is below 20%, then it regenerates to 20%.

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2019

FACT is most Pug Tiamats fail - I have run a few and not one has come close to success.

3 Tiamat runs, 2 successes 1 fail. (Not counting those I have been zoned into late that are already a fail)

There are two reasons for fails:
    * People not knowing basic tactics, not picking up gems, not listening if anyone tries to control things, not splitting evenly in clerics phase etc. Basically knowledge. This will be fixed over time, humans are a species with good learning ability. It just comes down to individuals realizing 'You don't know HAMSTER, Jon Snow'.
    * The other problem is just too low gear and bad builds. This is a bit more difficult issue, since we get a refill of new players all the time. I however suspect we have had a big generation shift with NW recently, lots of experienced people left because of the mod 16 fiasco, and those will eventually be replaced as the new people gains experience and gear. So I do suspect the average gear level will increase too.

In sum I think Tiamat has an OK difficulty now, and will get easier and easier as the populace gains more experience and gear.

It is no fun if every run is a guaranteed win either :)