What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alabaster Weapons

Comments

• devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    until now 1 off hand, stop
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2019

now 7 weeks, still only 3 alabaster mainhand drops, no offhand drops. really sick of running ME's every single sodding day, to get nothing of any bloody use.

I'd rather 3 mainhands than three off-hands (which I've got). You can get the increased weapon damage and have all three slots. I currently run with Alabaster off-hand and purple mainhand.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

I'd rather 3 mainhands than three off-hands (which I've got). You can get the increased weapon damage and have all three slots. I currently run with Alabaster off-hand and purple mainhand.

My ranger is the opposite - I have the MH and run ebony axes for the OH. So many MEs, so much disappointment.

I aim to misbehave
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Well, the weekend was one crappy ME run after the other on my Fighter... but i did get another Alabaster OH with my Wizard.
    :/
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    Same problem as many for me : 4 offhands droped for my main (TR), no main hand. My brother who run all his ME with me has already droped the alabaster set on 2 of his toons, while i'm stucked trying to drop it on my main....

I would love to see a reliable solution to prevent this system from frustrating so much the unluckiest players (the moment my bro dropped his 2nd weapon on his 2nd toon, i really wanted to throw my keyboard into my screen...).

Something like a NPC trader allowing you to trade 2 (or 3) offhands you had droped for 1 mainhand (and 2 [or 3] mainhands for 1 offhand).
    You still loose some time if RNGod is not with you (as you would have to drop 3 or 4 times instead of 2), as it seems devs want us to be frustrated and envy the luckier people (frustration and envy being some of the levers to make people opening their wallet), but at least you would have a reason to drop and keep the useless 2nd or 3rd off/main hand in excess (beside equiping a hypothetical reroll of the same class if you are crazy enough) while you are trying to loot the other side...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Got two bows tonight, back to back.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    Is there any association with the rune used or number of runes used and weapon drop?
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    rgladiato said:

Is there any association with the rune used or number of runes used and weapon drop?

Doesn't seem to be any relation between the number of rune(s) and the alabaster weapon drop.
    Maybe even 0 rune is fine as long as you collect the 9 relics during the ME run, because alabaster weapon are in the daily quest reward from the NPC not in the end chest of the ME (but i'm unsure, i always had at least one rune up in the runs that had droped alabaster weapon for one of my party mates or myself)
  • kadven#5862 kadven Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Fun with RNG. With my HR, ran the ME 3 times daily for about 4 weeks to finally get the main hand alabaster. Still no off hand. Thought I would level up my Barbarian, and what happens on the very first ME run I get the main hand sword alabaster.
    Crazy luck.
    No runes with the alabaster drops by the way.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I've gotten alabaster drops with and without runes, no difference. Runes affect end chest. Relics affect quest reward.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    devs are still unrepentants
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Finally got the off hand needed for the set on my DC, finally.

However on my GF, I am still yet to get the main hand and now sit at 4 off hands, I even created a second GF so I could run more than 3 MEs per day for fighter. When will it stop?
  • originallordberkoriginallordberk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Anyone guess the chance of the drop? Going off reports and personal experience I'd say it's somewhere about 0.5% for either MH or OH. 1% tops.

I get ready for the dungeon and there's already a large part of my mind screaming - sooooo you're wasting 15 mins of your life for a 1 in 200 chance? But I do it anyways - fuct if I know why.
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User

I have gotten 18 Main Hands. Finally got my off hand.

Your devs just need to be fired. I am sorry anyone this day and age that cannot figure out basic common sense should not have a job in this industry. Tell them McDonalds is hiring.

This is what you end up with when you hire those with participation degrees.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • leogetz#4447 leogetz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So. I got my Albaster Main hand in first me I ever done. 14 me's later and i got my offhand.

Now I wonder why my friend who I have done every me with since the start, still does not have his Rogue offhand... He has received 1 main hander in approx. 200 runs and still no offhand... WTF?????

While I have gotten several dupes of my main and off hand.

If this is the intended RNG then it's made by Enemies of fun!

Did the devs ever consider that people might have 1 or more alts?

Up to you if you believe me or not, but this is not me being that friend. I am actually really lucky with these weapons while he seems to no luck whatsoever, so what about introducing some tokens so people can eventually buy their weapon?
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    I would be happy if i could trade 1 of my 5 MH for 1 OH or even 4 for 1... or Buy its with ME currency... its just... not even the set from trade bars is up so we would get it and maybe forget Alabaster Set.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

So. I got my Albaster Main hand in first me I ever done. 14 me's later and i got my offhand.

Now I wonder why my friend who I have done every me with since the start, still does not have his Rogue offhand... He has received 1 main hander in approx. 200 runs and still no offhand... WTF?????

While I have gotten several dupes of my main and off hand.

If this is the intended RNG then it's made by Enemies of fun!

Did the devs ever consider that people might have 1 or more alts?

Up to you if you believe me or not, but this is not me being that friend. I am actually really lucky with these weapons while he seems to no luck whatsoever, so what about introducing some tokens so people can eventually buy their weapon?

I had 4 stilettos before I got my dagger.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    9 alts, got sets on 6 of them
  • tharealcuber#2975 tharealcuber Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Are these weapons BtC or BtA ?
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

Are these weapons BtC or BtA ?

BtC. You get the correct weapons for class that it drops for.
    I aim to misbehave
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    0 offhand 0 mainhand after running 3x ME since the week after launch on my OP. I decided to test so I made 2 more Paladins. Now I have 3 Paladins running 3x ME for 2 weeks and still no main or off hand. I decided to just farm LOMM for my weapons.

All of my other classes (DC, TR, HR) have both main and offhand. Either the drop rate for Paladins is broken or I have some weird RNG.
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    1 OH from release of mod 16 on my main "Fighter" so i'm using lomm weapons until my MH wil spawn in 2020(maybe)
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    The Alabaster weapons are BTA until you refine them to rare.