test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R14 guaranteed upgrade threshold needs to be updated

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
For every rank of enchantment below 14, the guaranteed upgrade threshold is 1.5 times the number of attempts one would expect given the odds. For an R14, with a 2% chance, the consistent threshold would be 75 attempts, since at a greater than 1% chance it is obvioulsy not intended to require a coalescent ward. Instead the threshold is 150 attempts, which would be consistent with a 1% upgrade chance. This looks like an oversight, however I fully expect to be told that it is retroactively WAI.

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I am not in the game atm but I remember that R14-R15 is 1%, or my memory fails.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    --
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Pretty sure you are correct.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    The numbers at low ranks are more than 1.5 times. Rank 5...60% is guaranteed in 5. 3 is more apt. 40% is guaranteed in 6. 4 would get you the 1.5 times.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

Which is not relevant, since the problem I brought up was the chance of upgrading to R14 from R13, which AS I CLEARLY SAID is 2%. If you don't believe me, please go test it and see for yourself.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited June 2019

Which is not relevant, since the problem I brought up was the chance of upgrading to R14 from R13, which AS I CLEARLY SAID is 2%. If you don't believe me, please go test it and see for yourself.
    You most definitely weren't clear. But if that's what you meant...

FrozenFire