test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Enchant Exchange Ending 6/20

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
***REMINDER***

The enchant exchange (Antiquities Scholar in PE) will disappear this Thursday, June 20 from the PC server so get in your exchanges before maintenance!

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    does that apply to all exchanges or just armor/weapon/enchantment ones? Specifically, will the exchsnge for tranquil/leaching/vigor remain? I am asking because thosa are still dropping...I got a Tranquil from a lockbox today.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    adinosii said:

does that apply to all exchanges or just armor/weapon/enchantment ones? Specifically, will the exchsnge for tranquil/leaching/vigor remain? I am asking because thosa are still dropping...I got a Tranquil from a lockbox today.

Exchanges for obsolete items will remain. If they disappear, that is a bug.
  • caldochaud#4880 caldochaud Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    Does this mean that any unopened boxes will not work or will vanish at some point?

(I have a ton of boxes to go through!)
    "Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire." - Sir Bernard Williams
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Does this mean that any unopened boxes will not work or will vanish at some point?

(I have a ton of boxes to go through!)

The boxes should be fine, it's the vendor itself that is having options removed.
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    why?
    and they will return to unbound?
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Lets hope they return to unbound now that the swaping HAMSTER is done for.
    Why on earth should they return to unbound? The primary purpose of the exchange is to allow people to exchange obsolete items - Eldritch runestones, and insignia of Vigor/Leeching. You get unbound items in exchange for those - no issues there.

It was known from the start that the regular enchant would only be temporary. It is nice, because people would typically have 6 high-ranked enchantments in their companion gear, and this would allow them to get 6 equal-rank runestones instead. Yes, they would be bound, but if you pick the "safe" option (Empowered for offensive slots) then you should be just fine.

Allowing people to exchange weapon/armor enchants was a nice touch - the fact is that many enchants that previously were great are now basically junk. Maybe some of them will be improved in the future, but for now this was really appreciated.

The exchange was never meant as a permanent way to allow people to tune their stats by swapping enchants. Use the AH for that.

As a side note, we have been told that in future L80 cntent (mod 17 and 18, I guess); it will not be as easy to cap stats as it is now. (my prediction is actually for 75-80K in M17 and 90-100K in M18). Currently the "meta" is to use Radiant enchants in all offensive slots, but this might change and 2- or 3-stat enchants might become "the thing" again. I am at least sitting a few R14 Black Ice, Draconic and Demonic enchants, just in case.
    edited June 2019
    because, before exchange that enchant were unboud, SO if you wanna remove the "exchange" they should also remove the bound, and i will be able to use AH again, instead of trash them.
    and only 2 days notice?

p.s. can anyone give me a link to the original post about this "bound" enchant system.
  • birdman194#6953 birdman194 Member Posts: 1 New User
    What about the choice packs? Will they remain unopened after having them or do we need to open them all now???
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    devilxjk said:

because, before exchange that enchant were unboud, SO if you wanna remove the "exchange" they should also remove the bound, and i will be able to use AH again, instead of trash them.
    and only 2 days notice?

p.s. can anyone give me a link to the original post about this "bound" enchant system.

This does not make any sense. You do know that you can exchange an enchantment only once? Bounded enchant cannot be exchange.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

devilxjk said:

and only 2 days notice?

This does not make any sense. You do know that you can exchange an enchantment only once? Bounded enchant cannot be exchange.
    Hmmm! I have just exchanged a character bound rank 7 to get a account bound rank 7 which can still be accepted by the vendor.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

devilxjk said:

and only 2 days notice?

Hmmm! I have just exchanged a character bound rank 7 to get a account bound rank 7 which can still be accepted by the vendor.
    Oh my mistake. I thought it was a one time exchange. I haven't used it myself till now just to try.

Oh my mistake. I thought it was a one time exchange. I haven't used it myself till now just to try.

You can exchange armor, weapon and regular enchants (bound or unbound) over and over, but if you exchange a regular enchant for a runestone, you cannot exchange that again. The system makes sense when you consider its purpose, as described before. As for making the enchants unbound - sure, it would have been a nice way to allow people to make a lot of AD - buy a cheap eclipse or shadowclad enchant for example and exchange for something valuable and sell....but no, the exchange is not set up for that purpose.
  • vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I was not happy with the way they set up the exchange. I think they should have been left unbound. And I don’t think anyone would have been making any money off of it in the long run because the prices of enchants would have normalized in the AH.

It’s not my fault they drastically overhauled the game and took the worst enchant and made it the best now. My feytouched that I invested resources into basically lost over 4 million in value and the vorpal gained 4 million in value. So if they wanted me to be able to keep the same amount of resources I already invested they would have let me exchange unbound for unbound. But, that doesn’t make them money if people don’t have to upgrade new stuff because their old stuff is no longer as good.

Sure on the flip side, the person that just gained 4 million overnight is now better off. And, cryptic is trying to help alleviate some of the pain they caused to the BiS wearers. But, it still doesn’t change the fact that it was caused by them doing the complete overhaul of the game. Essentially punishing the long term players that have tried to invest in the right things.

It’s not my fault they drastically overhauled the game and took the worst enchant and made it the best now.

The real problem is really that most of the armor and weapon enchants are just not considered viable... they should really boost most of them a little bit to increase variety.

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    adinosii said:

The real problem is really that most of the armor and weapon enchants are just not considered viable... they should really boost most of them a little bit to increase variety.

Ohhh I can guarantee you that they will. Just wait a little bit once everyone has his vorpal bound, and most of other enchants are out of the game by the vendor. Just wait a little....
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    The chants were unbound before mod 16.

The Exchange was ment to "ease" the players adaptation to the new mechanics wich are totally diferent.
    The way the enchants work atm is only remotly related to how they worked before mod 16.

Any decent and honest company would simply return them to unbound status now that they cannt be changed anymore.

If you dont see the decency and honesty of it..
    draugkir said:

The Exchange was ment to "ease" the players adaptation to the new mechanics wich are totally diferent.
    The way the enchants work atm is only remotly related to how they worked before mod 16.

Any decent and honest company would simply return them to unbound status now that they cannt be changed anymore.

You trust what all the politicians say? ofc they wont tell you that this mechanic was here to purge from the game lots of enchantments.

Do you thing that making vorpal the only viable option is pure casualty? In mod 17 I bet you that vorpal wont be the must have, not even the second best one or third. Mark my words. And lots of players will be there with a bound vorpal and nothing to sell for the "new" BIS enchant.
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited June 2019
    draugkir said:

And they did. You got unbound stuff instead of items that were totally obsolete (Eldritch runestones and insignia of Vigor/Leeching), and you got bound enchants in exchange for stuff that was less useful than before. Sounds pretty fair to me.

A typical end-game player in M15 might for example have had max rank Black ice Enchants in companion gear, a Dread or Feytouched enchant and a Negation. He could have enchanged that for Empowered, Barkshield and Vorpal and be back to "BiS".

The winners of this system are people with multiple alts and those who previously could not afford the "best" stuff ... now they can exchange mediocre/cheap stuff for the best items. Yes, they will be bound, but so what ... they should remain good for quite some time.

Basically, stop whining.
    Post edited by adinosii on
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    devilxjk said:

and only 2 days notice?

The exchange system was explained months ago and people were warned that, while the exchange was temporary, the enchants would be bound permanently. There was uproar and pandemonium for weeks. It's a little late to jump in the pool now and complain that the water is freezing.

2 days notice? Notice was given about a month ago.
    edited June 2019

draugkir said:

You trust what all the politicians say? ofc they wont tell you that this mechanic was here to purge from the game lots of enchantments.

Do you thing that making vorpal the only viable option is pure casualty? In mod 17 I bet you that vorpal wont be the must have, not even the second best one or third. Mark my words. And lots of players will be there with a bound vorpal and nothing to sell for the "new" BIS enchant.
    We all know what was done here.. dont think people that naive :)
    adinosii said:

draugkir said:

Basically, stop whining.
    I understand the position of a few players that had acess to mod 16 alfa pre public testing.
    Some might feel responsible for what mod 16 became, and have to defend their queen or risking not gettign in the next pre public testing of whatever is coming.

I do understand, really do.
    Post edited by draugkir on
  • jufesjufes Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Is there any reason that this rather critical information wasn't post to the news tab in the launcher? I can understand two days notice if it were more aptly advertised, but the middle of the work week hidden in the forums?
    edited June 2019
    draugkir said:

If the enchants get unbound now, it would be totally unfair to the players who decided not to use the exchange and used the AH instead.
    My 50 cent
    wonderfull plan
    Cryptic want more money, so
    first raise value of the zen, 1 zen->750 AD, but this is not enough,
    how to remove from players so many AD so they need more Zen? What is the top selling on AH? ->"Enchants"
    so let they Exchange/bound the enchats for 1 month, so at the end AH is empty and if you want an enchant, you have to restart from low rank, and low rank = more warden/material-> more zen->more money.

weapon enchant
    Armor enchant
    all enchant
    Runic stone
    and for a new player also Runestone.
    x15 rank

I loved that part when you helped us "player" to adapt to mod 16....oh Brilliant
    Moreover when you destroy everybalance "2x Item Level/stat enchant" yes sure, players invested so many money on that, ..... and must continue to.... SO

removing value from easy farm armor and pushing value of the enchants.
    so a geared player is a banner of how strong you could be, little newbe player, if only you wait 2 years or a lot of money

MOD 17 could be the biggest money grabber of Neverwinter. Nice work
    BUT there's problem

If you create a so big wall to a new player (all enchant+boon) no one will stay to play.
    Just the time to undestand how to pay to win is that.
  • bojshabojsha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Been playing Neverwinter on/off for the past 6 years, and now I really regreth swaping my enchantments couple of them for some other one, and frankly I don't like what they did with Wizards, wanted to send my enchants over to my to acc where I have my Barbarian (I did not have space on my acc so I had to make a new one to play Barbarian), oh no can do, some of my enchants are bound to acc now so cant send ... See where am going? Please remove the bind on acc nonsence, there is no point of it.

I'm not gonna make new rank 12, 13 and 14's enchants, I rather stop playing if your not gonna remove the bound to account nonsence. We are missing some freedom here, come on Dev Team, light up a bit sheesh!

In Path of Exile, bind on account dont even exist, when your done with someting, just sell it someone will find use if it.
    bojsha said:

Been playing Neverwinter on/off for the past 6 years, and now I really regreth swaping my enchantments couple of them for some other one, and frankly I don't like what they did with Wizards, wanted to send my enchants over to my to acc where I have my Barbarian (I did not have space on my acc so I had to make a new one to play Barbarian), oh no can do, some of my enchants are bound to acc now so cant send ... See where am going? Please remove the bind on acc nonsence, there is no point of it.

I'm not gonna make new rank 12, 13 and 14's enchants, I rather stop playing if your not gonna remove the bound to account nonsence. We are missing some freedom here, come on Dev Team, light up a bit sheesh!

In Path of Exile, bind on account dont even exist, when your done with someting, just sell it someone will find use if it.

Ufff multiaccount just to avoid buying new chars.... I think I am too lazy for that... maybe I am getting old, but I preffer to farm few ADs, convert to zen and buy few char slots than having to manage 2 accounts.

When you do a new account you know what you are doing and ofc items bound to account cant be swapped between accounts. So when you bind enchants you know what you are doing.... or not?
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    bojsha said:

Please remove the bind on acc nonsence, there is no point of it.

Making the exchanged enchants BtA was really the only way to make this feasible. Anything else would have had a massive, unwanted effect on the economy - and allowed people with advance knowledge to get rich in a very unfair way.

Consider those who were in the closed alpha playtest, for example. When they heard of the chances back in January, they might have been tempted to buy up all the unpopular enchants like Shadowclad or Eclipse, exchange them for, say, Barkshield and sell them for tens of millions of AD if exchanged enchants were unbound. That would have been a VERY unfair advantage.

In general, making exchanged enchants unbound would have equalized the price of all the enchants - at least those having the same number of stats....maybe with a 10% difference between the most and least popular ones. Some people would have benefitted greatly from this - others would have felt like they lost out, big time. Again, not fair.

The implementation was not perfect -> it would have been nice to allow exchanging 3-stat enchants for 2-stat or single-stat ones, not overall this was good enough. People got to exchange what absolutely needed to be exchanged.

• bojshabojsha Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2019

bojsha said:

Ufff multiaccount just to avoid buying new chars.... I think I am too lazy for that... maybe I am getting old, but I preffer to farm few ADs, convert to zen and buy few char slots than having to manage 2 accounts.

When you do a new account you know what you are doing and ofc items bound to account cant be swapped between accounts. So when you bind enchants you know what you are doing.... or not?
    Not avoiding anything, I have a spine injury I can't buy more slots for characters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess its time to uninstall it then since you agree with binding stuff. It's been fun while it lasted.