test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix the appaling RNG on Alabaster sets

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    one word for RNG, "Flawed"
  • bloodrychebloodryche Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Same HAMSTER as always. Still no drop and lost one run due a mob being stuck in the ground. Thanks for wasting my time every day.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    These things should always have a way to break the RNG. Seals are used in many games to make this happen. I couldnt believe there was no seal or trade system for the alabaster set. The set is a big gatkeeper for power in this mod and something needs to be done. 5 main hands in my main main and zero of either on my 2 other mains.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

edited June 2019
    now beginning of 8th week, you devs are sick hamsters, er, no wait, sick puppies! now that more like it.

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Third Alabaster MH with my Warlock, but i was looking for another OH for that character.
    Ebonized OH with my Fighter.
    Nothing really usefull with my Paladin.

Anyway, i really hope there'll be at least some changes to this RNG grind festival before they release Undermountain for console, or we might not see any change in that department before they release the next module.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    If they have include alabaster stuff in the undermountain store, many people would already have their alabaster set right now.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

If they have include alabaster stuff in the undermountain store, many people would already have their alabaster set right now.

+1 to this idea. Set the price at 2500 coalesced magic each (just like the other artifact gear), and some players would almost certainly buy them from there. I'd suggest that they be BtC on pickup, to avoid people gearing up alts with them.

• cheerz4beerzcheerz4beerz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    2 characters fully alabastered out and my fighter got his shield on his second run after hitting 80 last night!
    Well, another round of crappy rare loot for me from the daily 3 MEs...
    Want to know why?
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    still dont have main hand for GF - running MEs on two toons. Have 6 or 7 off hands. Very frustrating.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I got my set after about 80 ME runs or something.

Aint going back again soon... that tells a story
    online gothic horror is here. it made sure no one will come back, new ghost town tales.
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Meh, been doing them since day 2 on MOD 16. 3 a day, every day.
    5 Off-hands, no mains, and none in the last three weeks.
    2 1000 pieces from Nox so far, and one waist and one neck, none in the past three weeks.
    The only cool things I have gotten in past three weeks are a couple of legendary vanity dragons,
    ya know to go with the 4-7 I have of all the ordinary ones that drop daily.
    I use to play this game for hours and hours, now if I make it over an hour and a half on any day
    it is a miracle...
    and it is time to up me some VIP, and not really seeing how even drop a ten spot on this game is worth my time
    currently.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Nothing will change until Mod 17 at the earliest. As long as the Mountaineer set is in that $200 pack, there is no way they'll provide an easy alternative. They usually replace those packs at the start of each module, so perhaps in 9 or 10 weeks we'll actually be able to get our hands on level-appropriate artifact weapons.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • scaredstraitscaredstrait Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 42 Arc User
    agree .... wiz has 5 off hands no main hand ....... dc has 3 off hands no main hand
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I am really starting to get highly de-motivated about running MEs.
    My main SW has gotten 6 OH since she started running MEs since the 1st weekend of M16. No MH at all.
    My TR alt, who completed the Undermountain quest line about 2 weeks after my main, and has been running MEs since, has gotten about 4 OHs and 7 ebony MH, but no alabaster MH.

This is really breaking my spirit.
    I picked up my DC alt, and I was a little motivated to get her to 80 and provide some help to my alliance, but... I don't know now. I'm just loosing all my desire.
    edited June 2019
    Well, it looks like my Cleric is going through the same crappy loot pattern like my Fighter, a ton of rare HAMSTER with one Ebonized MH from the daily ME runs this far... i gues we've to wait for the console players to suffer through this RNG HAMSTER for a while and start complaining about it as well before we're going to see any changes.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Just in: On today's stream it was confirmed that alabaster drop rate has been improved. Mountaineer should be coming in a week or so as well. No word on Watcher.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Just in: On today's stream it was confirmed that alabaster drop rate has been improved. Mountaineer should be coming in a week or so as well. No word on Watcher.

Just a note - they did not say when the Alabaster 'fix' was going to be applied. At least it was discussed.
    I aim to misbehave
    silence1x said:

adinosii said:

Just a note - they did not say when the Alabaster 'fix' was going to be applied. At least it was discussed.
    My guess, a month after the Undermountain release on console, to motivate at least some console players to buy the bloody overpriced cursed Delver's Expedition Pack.
    Want to know why?
    edited June 2019
    No changes here, 2 rare HAMSTER items and 1 Ebonized Spear in the daily run, and btw. out of combat the spear is placed at the characters side, and not on the characters back as any other spear... it looks like someone just copy & paste the position of weapons from one to the other without checking the results in game.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Every week the Mountaineer set is coming next week.... And what will it sell for, when it actually does???
  • sparkbibosparkbibo Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Bump. It has not been fixed. Along with improving the RNG, why not add a counter. Like, after X number of Expeditions, you just get it.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I would guess that I have had better luck then most. I run a cleric, a fighter and a paladin in MEs. I have gotten 2 OH/2MH for cleric and fighter and 1 MH/1OH for paladins. Now granted I still need 1 more cleric set and 2 more paladin sets for my characters, but all and all not too bad.

And I will add, I seem to get more alabaster weapons when I am running no-rune/solo runs. If that helps anyone.