test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jubilee - old chars don't get tasks today?

jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
I returned to the game 6 months ago after being away for years (since mod3).

All of my old chars (existed years ago) had attended the Jubilee back then, and all have a Protector's Garden Key.
None of them are offered any tasks by Elminster. He says: You've had all the peril you need for one day.

Characters who are newly created since my return get the tasks as normal.

One difference is that the new characters are getting a quest as they enter Protector's Enclave: An Eminent Guest at the Jubilee, which directs you to Elminster. The old characters don't get that quest, presumably they did it years ago.

Comments

• Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    There are no daily quests from Elminster currently for the Jubilee like the past 5...is this intended? @nitocris83

Some people are getting them and others aren't. I've checked on a couple alts and none of them are getting them and I don't see the old quests in quest book either.

Update: This seems that if they haven't done the initial quest"Eminent guest at the Jubilee" then the quests show up fine after completing that. But on the ones that have done that in years past they aren't showing up now.
    Post edited by empalas on
  • Options
    This should be moved to Bug Reports I think.
  • Options
    shafuqshafuq Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    i have the same problem
  • Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    +1 same here
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Same here , need to test other toons

so Far no quests and also no Prize on skirmish
  • Options
    azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Same problem for me :(
  • Options
    Same here, MAJOR problem as it breaks the entire Jubilee
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    6 is a curse number. Mod 6, Mod 16, 6th Anniversary.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    glowingsunsetglowingsunset Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm not getting any quests either.
  • Options
    Same here. my newer toons are able to get quests, but my main toon isn't.
  • Options
    Looks like they will need to patch this...and possibly extend the event a day. My guess is they didn't account for something with the 70-80 lvl change and it doesn't register that you've already done the original quest to see Elminster. Surprised there has been no response yet.
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I had no problem with my character created during beta. Might be tied to something else.
  • Options
    ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    I was able to run the Jubliee with my primary Toon, Ontrix. I cannot run the Jubiee with any other toons. I have run the Skirmish to see if that would unlock anything and I was unable to get anything from the chest which was never a problem before. I have logged in and out to no avail.

Please fix and then patch. Would appreciate it. I don't want to loose a full day.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Working theory on the issue - can those of you having issues please check to see if you have the "Show low-level quest" indicator check marked please? It's in the options. If this does not solve it, let us know! Thanks!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyve said:

Working theory on the issue - can those of you having issues please check to see if you have the "Show low-level quest" indicator check marked please? It's in the options. If this does not solve it, let us know! Thanks!

Mine was turned on = no quest. I turn it off and apply and relog = no quest.

Basically I've now lost a day with this event, so will there be anything done to compensate those who are now unable to get the same amount of credits as the rest of the player base?
  • Options
    toon2012toon2012 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I don't have the daily jubilee quests available on two of my characters, the other 2 can get them, 3 of them are more then 4 year old.
    Show old/low level quests is turned on.
    the only thing, I can think of, is that on those two characters I could have deleted old jubilee quest to get some less clutter in my quest list when that was still one long list.
  • Options
    aubitronaubitron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    Thought I would log in to add myself to this list.

Exactly same problem, also mine was already checked, and turning it off an on again didn't solve the problem ;)

My wife also has the same issue. 2 out of 8 of mine are able to get the quests, 1 out of 8 of hers was able to get the quests.
  • Options
    doctortraxdoctortrax Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    aubitron said:

My wife also has the same issue.

Hi, that's me. Like aubitron my low level quest box was ticked, and turning it off and on again hasn't solved it.

One out of eight characters can get Elminster's quests, the one I've marked as my main (OP). I think he might the only one who has unlocked all-year access to the Protector's Garden, if that helps, although I'm not 100% sure.

All are lvl 80 and were created 2013-2015. It might be that some of them have dropped the "speak to Elminster quest", as toon2012 suggested^^.
  • Options
    Same with me - my box was checked as well. Did the whole 'did you turn the power on and off' thing with it, still no luck.
  • Options
    grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    also bugged, cannot get the quests on any toon, skrimish does not reward me any event currency, cannot advance towards earning any event items on any of my 6 toons.
  • Options
    The "Show low level quests" was already checked. Unchecking/rechecking didn't change anything.

I also checked "Show completed", and on these chars that have the issue it shows these quests as completed from previous years (since none were offered today): An Eminent Guest at the Jubilee, The Protector's Speech, A reward in the Garden, and numerous of the repeatable quests

• Options
    ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    kreatyve said:

Where in the options? I can't find it anywhere.

Okay, found the options in the Quest Journal. It was checked. Still cannot see the quests on my toons.

• Options
    New day, still no tasks for the affected characters.
  • Options
    uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Nothing here as well, "show low level...." option is as suggested.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Please direct your feedback on this matter to this thread. Thanks!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.