test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[UPDATED] Recent Connectivity Issues

1235»

Comments

• elfarchelfarch Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    12/2 here again login.
    Tried no on demand and yes to force verify with no improvement with "unable to authenticate...." still there.
  • ghadenghaden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same problem here, tried "Force Verify" and the result is the same after full patching: "Unable to connect to account server" when I try to log in.
  • ausfire66ausfire66 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Similar here.

I finally got back into game after force verify and a very lengthy patch. Had to go out so logged out of game. When I tried logging in again I just could not get back in game! Force verify again, no patch, got the character login screen up, and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally got in but toon was so lagged for 5 minutes it kept yoyoing back to the same position :#

So went and played another game instead. (without any lag or load problems - NOT arc game)

Came back and tried again - I've given up trying. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE!

THEN tried arc support and got the expected:-

This page isn’t working www.arcgames.com redirected you too many times.
    Try clearing your cookies.
    ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I have the same problems with STO as well. Everything was working fine before what ever happened happened a few days back. Can't even claim my VIP benefits ... very annoyed.
  • jemmabellajemmabella Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Login has been fixed for over a week for me.
    My continued issue though is constant game server kick/disconnects.
    Each time I tried Tales of Old today it kicked me within first 5 minutes.
    Force verify= many times/On-demand patching=NEVER.

• minititan1minititan1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can´t log in today feb, 15.
    It says account server is not responding.
  • digoliftdigolift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    cant login too, from brazil.

connecting to account server forever
  • kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Launcher: "Loading, please wait....." in the login block. and "Connecting to Account Server at the bottom. Launcher is missing parts to it, especially the green/red server light indicator. News block is empty. Can't access options, etc.

Automatically trying to log me in but should be allowing me to enter account login (multiplayer account household).

Also seeing the notification "The website is experiencing technical difficulties. Normal gameplay is not affected." Well, I cant get into the game now at all. I was able to login earlier but got dropped within a few minutes. Rinse. Repeat.

Have logged in a few times today but for a few seconds to a few minutes every time. Now though, I cannot get past the launcher. Eventually the launcher crashes or times out and closes.

I have not seen any developer response on the forums and am not sure if it is a known issue or something on my end (which i doubt given recent issues but I never know). Last dev post was for maintenance and patch Feb 14th. I currently do not have access to discord, facebook, twitter, twitch, etc. Would think the forums would be notified first if there is a widespread issue.

Alabama, USA 7am-8:30am
  • drake#5177 drake Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    all day trying to log in without success, horrible, outside the lags that are happening already a few days ... 02/15 today :s
    edited February 2019
    Had no disconnects last night at all. YAY, nice valentines day bonus.
    TODAY though on the other hand was tons. :-1:
    All I tried doing is my mains weeklies to see if I can inch my way into doing Tales of old like yesterday.
    No way. I was literally disconnecting every 5minutes, alot of times more often.
    So no Tales of Old for me today. :anguished:
    Post edited by jemmabella on
    edited February 2019

I had my first SNR tonight in over a week when just cleaning bags & invoking on my main.
    Disconnects didn't happen tonight UNTIL I entered tales of old.
    Can't even complete one run now.
    Sadly I shall be playing even less now
  • thwez#8405 thwez Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Since yesterday I have been experiencing this problem, I play on PS4. I normally log in and after a few minutes the red letters appear (server not responding) and disconnect me and when I try to connect, it shows: "Connecting to the account server", then several minutes pass until it shows: "Connection to the account server timed out. Please try again later "and start again. I close the game, I open it again and it continues the same.
  • askir#6697 askir Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have the same issue as this person: https:// forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/441175/can-someone-zos-explain-why-we-are-routing-through-netherlands-for-the-na-server

When I do a tracert to patchserver.crypticstudios.com I get routed to a similar IP address but still akamai and shows it's from Netherlands. That hop is causing me an additional 58ms ping that I wasn't experiencing before.

For those having troubles logging in, try flushing your DNS. Go to the command prompt and type: ipconfig /flushdns

That worked for me when I had the login issue.
  • nightfall#1722 nightfall Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So after weeks of "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out.", and several emails with customer support, I think I finally have something. After disabling firewall rules and antivirus, disabling list of apps as requested, by passing router and plugging directly into fiber optic box, running trace route on patchserver.crypticstudios.com, gave DxDiag information, turned off On-Demand patching in the launcher, turned on Force Verify in the launcher, by passing the ARC client and running the Neverwinter application directly I was told it was a problem with my ISP. To troubleshoot this theory I connected my laptop through my phones mobile hotspot and what do you know it worked! Luckily I now a bit about networking so ran a Wireshark test looking at the game servers
    IP range: 208.95.184.0/22
    Ports: TCP: 80, 443, 7000-7500

I found that for some reason port 7004 is being blocked by one of the game servers (IP 208.95.184.10). To test this run a tracert on 208.95.184.10 (which is accounts.crypticstudios.com). My ISP is great so I contacted them about this. They did some tests and found that for some reason that port was blocked for some (not all though) IP blocks. My ISP is emailing their NOC about the issue and I am updating my last support ticket as well. Hope the time and effort I spent troubleshooting this helps others (and maybe gives customer support a solid issue to fix).
  • pschychopat#2977 pschychopat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Can't login since yesterday, serrer timeout, the best thing is that support closed the ticked marked as solved without option reopen it, what a lame people work there in their support ?
    Opened new ticket so they gain 24h for the response
This discussion has been closed.