test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there any way to "force" an item to bind to character?

carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
edited June 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
As already reported, the multi-class gear available from the new vendors can't be transmuted to other pieces, because they remain bound to account after equipped, instead of bound to character.

However, I logged in yesterday and noticed something strange: my Bracers of the Spy's Guild were, for some reason, BtC, and I am able to transmute them normally. I don't know how this happened (I bought this same piece of gear again and I wasn't able to make it BtC), but it got me thinking: are there any other ways to make items BtC, besides equipping them?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited June 2019

As already reported, the multi-class gear available from the new vendors can't be transmuted to other pieces, because they remain bound to account after equipped, instead of bound to character.

However, I logged in yesterday and noticed something strange: my Bracers of the Spy's Guild were, for some reason, BtC, and I am able to transmute them normally. I don't know how this happened (I bought this same piece of gear again and I wasn't able to make it BtC), but it got me thinking: are there any other ways to make items BtC, besides equipping them?

If the equipment has overload slot, put one in and it will be bound to character.
    Most people considers that as a bug. You may consider that as a "feature". :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • isaacorion#1994 isaacorion Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Char Bound enchants (Heart of Fire for example) will make the gear char bound as well.
    Warlock: Don't want to let you down but I am hell bound. - Imagine Dragons
    Cleric: You can be an angel of mercy or give in to hate. - Shinedown
    Wizard: The more the dark consumes me, I pretend I'm burning bright. - Shinedown
    Barbarian: Am I beautiful... as I tear you to pieces? - In This Moment
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2019

I f you have the Hearth of fire enchant from AI campaing place it on the armor piece you want to bind, doing that it should change to Bound to character...

Ps. used to work last mod, didnt tested since mod 16 arrived...

Forget what i said it will not work on armor since its only offence sorry
    Post edited by rafaelda on
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    So I probably made my Bracers of The Spy's Guild BtC with an overload enchantment, and the Hearth of Fire can be used to bind itens with an offense slot.

Still need to figure out a way for itens like Armor and Feet (which normally have defense/utility slots), but I think I will just use expedition drops for these, as they are not that bad and can be transmuted without workarounds.

Ty all for the info!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Any item can be made BTC by transmuting it to a BtC item. The Spy Guild stuff will accept Blackened Jaw, Red Feather, Ebonized and Of the Cult items and ME gear as transmutes. To bind a hat of the Spy Guild, I first bound a Cardinal's Coif to the character and then used it as skin for the Spy Hat. Now the hat is BtC and will 'see' the older item as a possible skin. Only difficulty is paying to transmute twice. Just be careful and don't transmute the wrong way.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Does the anniversary enchantment from last year do the same as the Heart of Fire enchant? It is also only btc.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Anniversary Enchant is BtA so it won't work.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother