test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Barovia and Chult Armor Penetration cap is too high!

mphoenix#7043 mphoenix Member Posts: 21 Arc User
I noticed my effectiveness in combat log increased as my Armor pen increased from 68k to 90k- effectiveness from 71.4% to just under 92%.

This means the defense stat of mobs in those areas are way too high, as the Arpen cap is supposed to be 68k.

This is definitely a bug.

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The 68K cap is only for LoMM. In regular L80 content (like MEs) the cap is 60K. In scaled-down content the cap is lower, but you would actually need much higher unscaled value than 68K to reach the cap when scaled down.

However, there seems to be something strange going on in some open areas where you should not be scaled down - so maybe that's what you are seeing.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mphoenix#7043 mphoenix Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    adinosii said:

The 68K cap is only for LoMM. In regular L80 content (like MEs) the cap is 60K. In scaled-down content the cap is lower, but you would actually need much higher unscaled value than 68K to reach the cap when scaled down.

However, there seems to be something strange going on in some open areas where you should not be scaled down - so maybe that's what you are seeing.

There is indeed something strange going on in the open, unscaled areas of Barovia and Chult.

I'm sure it's not intended.