test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Castle Ravenloft

bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
I know its been reported before, but it deserves attention again because nothing has been done to fix the problem. Castle Ravenloft as it stands now is damn near impossible to beat. It very well may not be complteable, but I haven't talked to everyone, obviously. But the Candle Flame AoE's during the Strahd fight far too high powered for the dungeon, tanks can survive barely, but dodging is not an option in most cases(many people have said they are experiencing lag during this phase and I have encountered some as well). Please please please, either take a serious look at this, or remove CR from the game temporarily until a fix has been worked out. It is very annoying/frustrating trying to run dailies and you get this 3 times in a row for RAQ. And annoying/frustrating your customers is not a good business model for a Service-based company (entertainment).

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @bigman99#8273! Several issues with CR have been resolved or will be in an upcoming patch but we continue to analyze player metrics from dungeons (kills, deaths, runs, etc) to add to player reports and sentiment.
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    ty
    Two weeks later, and no changes or fixes have been implemented. Trying really hard not to get snarky/frustrated/rant here, but it is getting more difficult every time you say something, Cryptic, and then don't follow-through or follow-up.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Two weeks later, and no changes or fixes have been implemented. Trying really hard not to get snarky/frustrated/rant here, but it is getting more difficult every time you say something, Cryptic, and then don't follow-through or follow-up.

Hi @bigman99#8273! We have metrics that tell us kill ratios for both the teams completing the run or teams being killed. The candle flame AoE has been looked into and it appears to be performing as intended but we will continue to monitor both player reports and the metrics.
    I appreciate you are trying to tell us that you have systems in place that give you numerical read-outs of what is going on. However, actual experiences (dungeon runs in this case) ALWAYS trump metrics. To quote a d&d author writing for Szass Tam:
    "It is just that there is a difference between knowledge derived from study and analysis and that obtained through direct experience. The former is occasionally mistaken, the latter, never, so he'd deemed it worthwhile to conduct the experiment.
    Now that he had, he understood what he had to do."
    So please answer this, do you have player opinion polls or relevant data regarding our thoughts on CR? As it stands now, the practice is to just do sisters (middle one still has broken aggro and animations/dialogue still don't line up with the abilities they are supposed to announce) and vote to abandon, or wait for someone to leave. Please run the dungeon yourself in pickup groups for RAQ and do that all day for a week. Hell, recruit just a couple of random people playing to run specific dungeons and give you feedback, offering them a month of vip (10 dollar value) the cost would be absolutely minimal and you would gain invaluable feedback. People might even do it for free, just to have a voice at the table, but to say everything is fine and point to obscure numbers you don't release helps nothing.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Hi,

I think there is some bugs in the final boss of Castle Ravenloft. Some of the things i saw was...
    • Entire map fills with red .... impossible to dodge
    • Red takes you from full health to dead
    • In church room the vampires does insane amount of damage (the ones in the dark). This is not game breaking but some teams might find this frustrating
    • You get stunned when alone in room with executioner making it impossible to avoid them
    • In certain cases the red area appear so late you have less than a half a second before it explodes
    I recorded the boss fight and it is clear why players are avoiding CR like the plaque. Could someone please let us know if this is seen as WAI. @nitocris83

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0lNPdqkvE

EDIT: Just wanted to add i do not want to seem like i am complaining. I love the CR dungeon and find it very frustrating that it is in a unplayable state currently. I think something might have gone wrong during scaling cause that is when this started to happen
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I believe that developer team is quite aware of the issue (issues with castle brokenloft were one of the answered questions on reddit) and all we can hope for is fix as soon as its possible.

The part with executioner: the stun was always there as part of mechanics, not at all bug. You just need to not look at executioner with your character (same mechanic as corner with "stunning" statues in CR to avoid getting temporary stunned.

I believe that developer team is quite aware of the issue (issues with castle brokenloft were one of the answered questions on reddit) and all we can hope for is fix as soon as its possible.

The part with executioner: the stun was always there as part of mechanics, not at all bug. You just need to not look at executioner with your character (same mechanic as corner with "stunning" statues in CR to avoid getting temporary stunned.

Thank you :) I will make sure i learn from that
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• merik1999merik1999 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2019

Hi @bigman99#8273! We have metrics that tell us kill ratios for both the teams completing the run or teams being killed. The candle flame AoE has been looked into and it appears to be performing as intended but we will continue to monitor both player reports and the metrics.
    That is not true. CR has not been beaten yet this MOD. There is no Proof of anyone beating this dungeon. The simple fact is, it is NOT beatable. I can prove it. You can NOT build up the Sunblade to use it at then end because you kill strahd too fast with the sunblade. You can 2 phase and almost 1 phase him with the sunblade. But then it is not built up enough so you all die when he taunts you and you can't create the bubble.

Are you also reffering to the same "Metrics" that led to the Devs stating that "Scaling is in a good place" on week 2 of the mod. Which led to THOUSANDS of people leaving the game due to it being unplayable.

Seriously, your "metrics" comment is quite insulting. nearly as insulting as "scaling is in a good place"

Post edited by merik1999 on
    mynaam said:

Hi,

I think there is some bugs in the final boss of Castle Ravenloft. Some of the things i saw was...

• Entire map fills with red .... impossible to dodge
    • Red takes you from full health to dead
    • In church room the vampires does insane amount of damage (the ones in the dark). This is not game breaking but some teams might find this frustrating
    • You get stunned when alone in room with executioner making it impossible to avoid them
    • In certain cases the red area appear so late you have less than a half a second before it explodes
    I recorded the boss fight and it is clear why players are avoiding CR like the plaque. Could someone please let us know if this is seen as WAI. @nitocris83

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0lNPdqkvE

EDIT: Just wanted to add i do not want to seem like i am complaining. I love the CR dungeon and find it very frustrating that it is in a unplayable state currently. I think something might have gone wrong during scaling cause that is when this started to happen
    1. impossible to dodge: this is a concern because half the party HAS to die. There is no magic HP # that lets you live nor anything that can block it. some players just get hit harder than others. not sure why that should be addressed or fixed. The problem is that you can only die so much until you are dead-dead
    2. Not everyone dies. Like I said it is random but half the party will die.
    3. This is a new mechanics. yes the vampires do insane damage, but the sunblade one-shots them.
    4. You can one shot the executioner if you have good dps...that stuns him.
    5. this is a lag issue that i have noticed anyway.
    6. But you forgot this .. the sunblade does not fully charge. After you get by the insane damage. or should i say after the 2 paladins get past the insane damage, they pick up the sunblade and easily, too easily, hurt strahd. he then warps you to top floor and your blade is not fully charge...uh oh...too bad yer dead. you can see in the video above that the blade hits Strhd soo hard it can not fully charge for the end.
    They are aware, or at least say they are, but refuse to believe anything is wrong. Instead they point to imaginary metrics they have (I say imaginary because only cryptic can see them) and try to push their viewpoint that everything is alright, even though players have been begging for relief for this dungeon for more than a month.
    In the end, it really doesn't matter what the devs believe should be doable or what their metrics tell them, if players cant complete the dungeon(what happened to not scaling CR until more level 80 content was available?)
    they wont play it, will keep getting frustrated and in the end overall satisfaction levels will drop. I have seen the results before where the game makers start dictating to the customers what is enjoyable to play...all that remains now is a suitable go to game, and I know of a couple that will be coming out this year and early next.
  • martins#2911 martins Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I agree, it's really broken!

"The red zones are giving a lot of damage, practically hit kill."

The last boss is very easy, he dies in the first wave but the mechanics, it is practically impossible to do, or he dies by the red zones or the sword simply disappears sometimes.
  • franzdhfranzdh Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Once you kill the first sister, the second can't be killed because the third sister can't be pulled away.
    franzdh said:

Once you kill the first sister, the second can't be killed because the third sister can't be pulled away.

Yes it can. I just did the run today and you just have to know the mechanic. Sometimes the sister agros onto the person with the book. That is mostly because of the person grabbing the book is a dps or healer and they hit the sister before they grabbed the book.

It's the third boss. most people failing now are newbies that don't understand the first 2 boss mechanics. and experienced people will not go through this dungeon because the end boss is broken. So no one learns and the dungeon is now useless and a waste of time for the RAQ. All because the Devs are too arrogant to acknowledge their mistakes.

They are aware, or at least say they are, but refuse to believe anything is wrong. Instead they point to imaginary metrics they have (I say imaginary because only cryptic can see them) and try to push their viewpoint that everything is alright, even though players have been begging for relief for this dungeon for more than a month.
    In the end, it really doesn't matter what the devs believe should be doable or what their metrics tell them, if players cant complete the dungeon(what happened to not scaling CR until more level 80 content was available?)
    they wont play it, will keep getting frustrated and in the end overall satisfaction levels will drop. I have seen the results before where the game makers start dictating to the customers what is enjoyable to play...all that remains now is a suitable go to game, and I know of a couple that will be coming out this year and early next.

The "metrics" is a lie. its that simple. The devs are miffed because they complain the players are saying things are too easy. So they break the mechanics and instist it is doable because their "metrics" say it is. But, The "metrics" they are talking about are not ingame or observable. In otherwords, its not an actual run through. The metrics are based off strict nubers and variables of what if statements. But the Devs don't tell the forum board managers this. So we get lies and half truths. It's just an arrogant thing and this dungeon will never be fixed. I am trying to get a video showing that it is impossible to charge the sunblade, but getting past the AOE is just as tough regardless of the people I have running with me....

Bloggers and streamers refuse to touch it as it is an hour waste of time and they lose viewers when they keep trying broken dungeons.
    edited June 2019
    Just did CR it was really tough(the final boss) but it is doable now. Thank you i really enjoyed it The fixes work

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    Ran yesterday CR and it's doable now..
    Only one thing is still there… The sword buff for dwarves doesnt stick Always.. We have to jump on it to equip it while other races just can run over it to equip…

Even CR hates dwarves
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I tried it twice today...first time all sisters attacked me (I grabbed to book)...1. sister maybe cause I did most dmg till the book...I also stunned her with left mouse....rest of party could nothing other do than watching...as I died 1. sister attacked me outside at the entrance...2. try...I did no dmg till I grabbed the book...1. sister didnt follow me but I couldnt hold the other 2 sisters at place...the stun lasted only for a sec than one sister ran allways away....I lured them as far away as possible but no chance.
    Besides that there was still time for the rest of the party to do dmg but the whole time 1. sister took no dmg after the book was out...10 mins later we just gave up.
    I know how to use the book and before the "fix" sisters and construct was the easy going.