test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M16: General Feedback

1545556575860»

Comments

• yeenoghu#2009 yeenoghu Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Not sure if someoen mentioned this already but, why aren't the Mountaineer Set weapons on the Trade bar store?
    In collections it says that is where you can find it but so far, I have seen zero there. For any class.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Not sure if someoen mentioned this already but, why aren't the Mountaineer Set weapons on the Trade bar store?
    In collections it says that is where you can find it but so far, I have seen zero there. For any class.

They're not in there for the same reason that mod16 dungeon Lair Of The Mad Mage isn't in there yet: "Not ready for release on day 1".

Same as K-team challenges for Mod15, same as Castle Ravenloft for Mod14, same as Cradle for Mod13, same as TONG for Mod12, same as MSP for Mod11, same as MSVA and FBI in Mod10... The dungeon and endgame rewards are never available on module release because they need a little more devtime love after the new mod crunch. We're just noticing it more this time because each part of Undermountain feeds seamlessly into the next instead of hitting a Weekly wall like all other mod 7-15 (and mod 1-5, to be fair) content.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    I'm a big fan of "no forced delays", too. I wasn't *complaining* about it, just pointing out that the endgame content is *never* released at the same time as the new module itself, we just only really notice the problem in Mod 16 because the artificial gating to make the content "unavailable" isn't here. It's not a new problem, and it's barely even a problem, is my main point.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

The dungeon and endgame rewards are never available on module release because they need a little more devtime love after the new mod crunch.

The problem with that is that the dungeon was available on Preview (and in the closed Alpha playtest before that). I mean, sure it had some bugs, but it was playable and in no worse shape than the rest of the content....so why hold it back until May 9th ?

With Mod 16 not being time-gated, many players already have lvl 950+ gear and Alabaster weapons, and are just getting bored for the next week. It makes very little sense (but then again....many other things don't either).

Hoping for improvements...
  • xzotix#6679 xzotix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

Comps need a flag to state what type(utility, defense, or offense)slot they fit in. I bought a comp on the AH yesterday to fill out my comps, only to find I bought another utility comp. Good thing it was dirt cheap, but it is impossible to figure from the tool tips which comps I need to buy to get my last 2 (defense)slots filled out. Or an easier fix would be to just let us slot whatever comps and comps powers we want like before. I am a casual player, and do not want to spend hours on the internet, or in the collections pages in game to figure out what comps I should be using.

Probably not exactly what you want but check out Rainer#5152 spreadsheethttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fP_cUugHdsObvQDzLFijGA-mVm_qLmSy0MI62aTLkDM/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#
    companions are on it.
  • khol#0753 khol Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I suppose this is going to something that been repeated innumerable times, like beating your head against a wall. Chandler Farms is impossible to even get past the first Drow. My toon is nerfed to lvl 70, the Drow at lvl 80, and my attacks don't even scratch them let alone anything else. I'm trying to see a positive to this change, but the more I look the less I see. I've said it before and this is the last time I'll say it. Fix this rubbish before you have no players left at all!
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    In the challenge campaign store, the value of the AD pack (unbound) exceeds the value of Enchanting Stone 5(bound) and Companion Token(bound)

Here is the AD value per point spent:

2,777 - Upgrade token (only if used on a Legendary upgrade - the others are less efficient)
    2,300 - Enchanting Stone 5
    3,333 - 50K Astral diamond pack
    4,266 - Mark of Potency 5
    4,300 - Mark of potency 6
    4,160 - Mark of potency 7
    4,280 - Enchanting Stone 6

This is a major problem for incentive. It is cheaper to upgrade companions using the AD pack.

SUGGESTION: make AD the worst exchange value (by a little) since it is the most flexible.

Reduce the cost of Companion Upgrade Token from 3 Heroes Medallions, to 2 Heroes Medallions.
    Reduce the cost of Enchanting Stone 5 from 10 Heroes Medallions - to 5 Heroes Medallions.

THIS CREATES THE FOLLOWING VALUES:

3,333 - 50K Astral diamond pack
    4,166 - Upgrade token (only if used on a Legendary upgrade - the others are less efficient)
    4,600 - Enchanting Stone 5
    4,266 - Mark of Potency 5
    4,300 - Mark of potency 6
    4,160 - Mark of potency 7
    4,280 - Enchanting Stone 6
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    I'd like to applaud the bravery it took to risk a full system balance pass after all this time. That said, I can't say I'm happy with the contents of this balance attempt. So much went wrong here and many of the decisions made simply weren't good decisions.

Here is my take on the good and bad of some of these system changes:

My take on Cooldown Adjustments/ Recovery/AP Gain Nerf:

I support the decision to remove recovery from the game and reduce AP gain (though the AP nerf was excessive). Runaway recovery/AP gain was intimately involved in a laundry list of major balance concerns thoughout the game, be it PVE or PVP. Older modules had a lot less recovery and people still fell in love with Neverwinter's uniquely fast paced combat flow.

The parts of the cooldown adjustments I DON'T support was directly increasing the cooldown time of powers on TOP of removing recovery/reducing AP gain. That was too much and this is part of the reason why combat flow is so HAMSTER up now. As an example, imagine having one power with negative 40k recovery and another with positive 8k recovery, the differences between power cooldowns are too extreme and rotations feel awkward and disjointed now.

Another similar issue is how many of your powers don't match eachother's cooldowns now. On a rogue for example, you ideally want 2 encounter powers to have the same cooldown as eachother and 1 power to have a different cooldown. Now most good synergies don't allow for this. Even just a 1 or 2 second difference between all 3 encounters slotted doesn't feel good.

I also think it would have been much better if cooldowns were all based on having 4k through 6k recovery instead of 0 recovery, huge cooldown increases, or cooldown decreases.

My Take on At Will Power Damage:

At will power damage still is in a terrible place, they still feel too weak and this adds to the combat flow feeling like HAMSTER.
    I get that charts say they make up a lot of the damage pie, but that's not what the community cares about, they care about the combat actually being enjoyable.
    I will also point out that in D&D, at will powers often weren't weaker than encounter powers, a good example is how melee ranger's at wills were better than their encounter powers in 4E.
    While I also understand that you want combat to be more similar to 5E now, I will also point out that 5E doesn't even have powers other than spells, weapon attacks are a simplified damage dice roll and you just describe your attack to the DM. Obviously that doesn't translate into an MMO setting.

My Take on Boons:

I liked that boons no longer have as much impact on your character's performance. The layout looks nice and less/weaker boons is good for helping new players catch up and also makes balancing the PVP scene much easier.
    That said, the boons provided are soulsuckingly boring and this system needs more interesting mechanics than this. I also don't like how the 2 top boon tiers work, its very restrictive and doesn't look like it will age well.

My take on feats/paragons:

I mostly dislike the new feats and paragons system. I would much rather have seen more diversity in the form of more feat trees and paragons to choose from instead of less. Having just 2 options to pick from is very restrictive and feels like a punch in the face to anyone who grew fond of a specific tree or paragon path over the years.

I do understand why this was done though, the devs have struggled for years to balance 3 feat trees and 2 paragon paths but they seldom succeed and it doesn't last when they do. Most of the time, 2 trees or less would overshadow the 3rd. Having only 2 tiny feat trees instead of lots and lots of feats also reduced their workload when it comes to balance passes and other tweaks.

At the very least, I would like to see more interesting/enjoyable feat trees than what we were provided, they are objectively worse than the old ones in terms of both power and fun. Feats and paragons sadly aren't balanced in mod 16 either with one option clearly dominating the other in a lot of cases.

I did like a select few of the feats, one example is scullcracker on my rogue assassin, its got a good mechanic that goes well with assassin and its useful to both PVE players and PVP players.

My take on power distribution between the paragon paths:

I am only bringing up power distribution here instead of trying to cover powers as a whole, the reason being is its a more complicated mix of hits and misses and would require me to list too many specific examples to paint a short picture.

My take on powers is more positive than my take on feats, I can't speak for all classes but I can speak for my rogue.

I liked most of the power distributions between the rogue paragon paths with only a few exceptions. However, those exceptions are very significant, a good example is how most rogues aren't happy with lurker's assault's placement in whisperknife and would rather see this in the assassin path.

My take on scaling and issues with progression not being rewarding enough:

If the game improves drastically as a result of losing the items I worked for or changing how they work, I'm ok with losing my items or having them changed.
    Unfortunately, the game seems to have gotten worse overall and thus I don't feel content with losing so much progress.

I'm ok with harder content and making older zones a little more difficult. I don't think the scaling system did a good job balancing this with people's motivation to progress though. Its a mess and the stats don't scale in a sensable way, you pretty much need multiple loadouts just to milk the most out of your character as you go into differently scaled zones. Characters wearing weaker gear often get scaled to be stronger than a maxed out character that has been scaled down.

Also, if you were capped on your stats at higher levels, the scaling system shouldn't bring your stats automatically to half of what you needed to cap at that level. You should still be capped out for that area and if that makes things too easy, tackle that by making the monsters stronger or giving them more challenging mechanics.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Regarding the new artifact sets(Neck+Belt+Artifact)...
    Change the trigger on all new sets bonuses from activation on Daily power use to activation on Encounter power use.
    Make the effect last 20 seconds, it can be triggered once per 30 seconds.
    Otherwise, people will stay with old sets like Orcus or Lostmauth and all the new sets are for nothing.
    Unless one of the Devs is willing to explain why should we switch from Orcus set to any other new set?
    Mimics in first boss fight in Lair of the Mad Mage should have lower HP, 3 single target encounters are not enough to kill them if none of them crit...

Swordsman's Perk and Sniper's perk stack only 2 times each.
    Many items cannot be used as transmutes for chest slot(experienced it with Cleric class, not sure if it is same for other classes and other gear slots but for chest slot there are at least 10 items which I tried to use as transmute and they dont even show up as an option).
    Hati's AoE hits outside of red area.
    Duration of Hypotermia in Drufi encounter feels like it has its duration doubled, keeps hitting when damage numbers stop showing.
    Reinforcement kits on armor cannot be seen, neither old ones that were in place nor the new ones we apply. Jewels cannot be seen on rings and they dont work at all, at least the Combat Advantage ones.
    When a boss fight starts in LoMM(first and second boss) augments dont transfer stats to players, relogging fixes it but a proper fix is needed so that we dont have to relog.
    Post edited by blur#5900 on
  • xzotix#6679 xzotix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    bobo#5090 said:

bobo#5090 said:

Comps need a flag to state what type(utility, defense, or offense)slot they fit in. I bought a comp on the AH yesterday to fill out my comps, only to find I bought another utility comp. Good thing it was dirt cheap, but it is impossible to figure from the tool tips which comps I need to buy to get my last 2 (defense)slots filled out. Or an easier fix would be to just let us slot whatever comps and comps powers we want like before. I am a casual player, and do not want to spend hours on the internet, or in the collections pages in game to figure out what comps I should be using.

Probably not exactly what you want but check out Rainer#5152 spreadsheethttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fP_cUugHdsObvQDzLFijGA-mVm_qLmSy0MI62aTLkDM/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#
    companions are on it.
    I've checked it out and it doesn't seem to match the tool tips in game on some comps. Plus it doesn't tell me which ones are augments.
    Those companions are under "Augment Enhancements".
  • knightghost64#1414 knightghost64 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Is it just me or did all my special adds from finishing quests over the last year just disappear? I re-applied the new stats but pretty much everything kills me now. I only solo and have zero interest in groups. At this point I'm regretting spending real money a couple months ago and definitely won't spend any more at this point.