test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spider Wasting Plague

deeljaydeeljay Member Posts: 6 Arc User
As of about a week ago, I would say on the 3rd or 4th, I noticed that my spider mount was a lot smaller than usual. After some collaboration in PE Zone, I discovered that I wasn't the only one. Our spiders seem quite small these days. I've been playing mostly on toons that don't ride a spider so this hasn't been much of a problem but then while lvling I encountered Shoth the Tomb Queen. The huge, Shelob-esque boss in the big Neverdeath dungeon?

My dog is bigger than she is. That's not right.

Look, riding around on an arachnid mini-coup is almost entertaining, and the idea that the driders over in Rothe Valley will be affected the same way is kind of hilarious, but enough is enough. Today's patch didn't fix the issue, and I've found no sign that Cryptic is addressing it. Are the devs aware of this? Did I just miss a memo?

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    LOL. The very first thing I thought of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKZDhrgHzM4

(Yes, I'm old :blush: )
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited June 2019
    I tried out my Heavy Giant Spider from the pack and it's maybe half its normal size. That said, riding it feels pretty cool now. It's like riding a go-cart.

EDIT: I take that back. It's more than cool -- riding these mini spiders is REALLY fun! We just need racing helmets and maybe some stripes :lol:
    Post edited by hustin1 on
  • percemerpercemer Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 1,048 Arc User
    Greetings,

Our team also noticed this issue from Broodmother Leshrax and Deep Lord (Expedition).

It will be escalated to the dev team today. Thanks for your help!

Regards,
    Percemer
    EU Community Manager @ Gearbox Publishing
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Issue was originally escalated on June 5, fixed internally, and should go out in a future patch.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    When is it going to be fixed?

Set aside the question of why even change the size at all, some of us paid money to get the Heavy Giant Spider mount and shrinking it was just a useless gesture. How did shrinking it help the game at all? Can't be the size because clearly you didn't shrink other large mounts.

So come on, fix it. Undo what ever pointless thing you did and return it to the size it was when you gladly took my money.

Thank You

It appears to be a game-wide bug. ALL spiders, including the itsy-bitsy spiderlings, are exactly the same size.
    Hello,

Like Julia said, this issue was already fixed internally - the fix will probably be implemented tomorrow.

Basically, you can now access to my todo list here which contains all bugs escalated by the EU community team to the dev team.

Have fun on Neverwinter!

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------
    Neverwinter: Discord - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Customer Support - Terms of Service
    @percemer I waited as you suggested. Now I am even more sad and confused by the Devs actions. If they had a fix and could have done so, why not do it already? The mount is still not fixed.

But now I know because of you that they have a fix and just elected not to do it. :/
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Internally means just that, internally. If the patch does not get through QA it won't be going live. More than likely due to the console release it got pushed back to next week.
  • oremonger#9999 oremonger Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    One word. Dys·func·tion·al
  • drtardisdrtardis Member Posts: 15 Arc User

One word. Dys·func·tion·al

Hey, that's how software development works. A month from bug report to fix is actually really good, since a bug has to go through several stages before getting fixed.

Being insulting or rude to the dev team isn't going to make it happen any faster.
    drtardis said:

Hey, that's how software development works. A month from bug report to fix is actually really good, since a bug has to go through several stages before getting fixed.

Just curious, is there also an internal fix for the lack of ability to use anything made in the Workshop for transmutes? Or maybe there is an internal fix for some of the other broken things that have been broken for much longer than a month, way longer?

Some of the frustration I hear and I know I feel is the constant refrain "they are aware" or "it has been elevated" for things that should not have even been broken in the first place or released broken. Broken things that were reported during testing for example. As has been suggested before maybe an official list of what is on priority for fix might help. Not one created by fans but one the Devs create.

:/
  • nilhonymnilhonym Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    The giant spider mount is like 1/3 it's normal size. It's stupidly small. Was this intended or a side effect of the apparent change in size of some mobs.
    It's a game-wide bug that affects all spiders. Even Shoth is looking kinda deflated these days.

screenshot-2019-07-01-23-08-53
    And another patch goes by and the internal fix @percemer said was ready still does not show up. Why hold a fix back? Just curious.
    edited July 2019

And another patch goes by and the internal fix @percemer said was ready still does not show up. Why hold a fix back? Just curious.

Hello,

I don't know, maybe it was confusing internally because the dev team is working very hard for fixing bugs. Anyway, I tested the fix and it seems to work, so be assured that it should be implemented as soon as possible :)
    Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Regards,
    Percemer
    ----------
    I wanted to come back o this thread and say Thank You to the team for fixing the Heavy Giant Spider mount. I know it might not seem like a big deal, but it means a lot to me.

Thank You