test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

protectors garden key

i got the key last jubilee and it said every character on my account could use it. but now all of my characters except my main cannot enter the garden.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    That was only during the Jubilee. Jubilee hasn't started yet this year.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Only thing is, I got the key on just one of mine from the first year of the jubilee, and all but the character I created back in December have access to the jubilee garden. So one time in the past it was able to be unlocked for all characters on the account, even out of the jubilee times.
  • drinkvernors#7197 drinkvernors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    All characters on my account have had access to the Protectors Garden all year (not just at Jubilee) since doing the Jubilee quests last year. The one I'm having access issues with would be one created *since* last year's Jubilee. But the access was granted per account - perhaps a batch updated needs to be done to permit the access to all new characters on an account that has the access?

Or are you saying that any character created since last Jubilee now needs to do all the quests to get the key?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I don't know what has been changed from the beginning. For what I know, in the past, every character needed to use a key to get full access in the rest of the year. Hence, in the past, I parked alt in the Garden during the event and never left. I made many keys afterward. I still have one unused key. Some of my recently created new characters cannot access the Garden. As far as I know, it was not account wide. Main character(s) can create keys for other characters. Every character can use the key but the key can only be used once for one character.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2019
    You might have a different key. The key I still have definitely does not say that.

My "Protector's Garden Key" says:

"Grants permanent access to the Protector's Garden. This key is redeemed after the first use."

There is no mention of account wide and I know it is not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I never got the key and all my characters can use the garden. I feel so special. It seems to unlock per character as long as you attend the Jubilee.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2019

I never got the key and all my characters can use the garden. I feel so special. It seems to unlock per character as long as you attend the Jubilee.

I might be wrong here, but i think as long as you get your character into the garden during the event, you'll be able to go in there after the event ends and without having to get/use a key...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

I might be wrong here, but i think as long as you get your character into the garden during the event, you'll be able to go in there after the event ends and without having to get/use a key...
    That was not the case in the beginning. I guess something has been changed and probably more than once.

For me, getting character into the garden would not give the character access. Once, it left, it loss access if it did not use the key. That was why in my 2nd jubilee, I kept most of keyless alts in the garden and did not leave until they could use a key.

Anyway, as I said, I pretty sure it has been changed.
    edited June 2019
    https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Protector's_Garden_Key

I don't know if the information still applies. There is an "Account" but it is related to binding.