test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holy Avenger v Vorpal

truharttruhart Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2019 in The Temple
Please could someone explain why vorpal is best and do you have to have a high critical strike number, if so what is a 'good' number pls

Also where can you go to, practice healing and see the numbers so to speak, you cant use the dummies?

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    truharttruhart Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    tbh , no real conclusions ., in the thread, why would anyone want crit healing over a HOT?
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    To be blunt, Holy Avenger is bad.

Bronzewood is the boring, effective option for support since it offers a good debuff. I favor this for my Devout loadout.

Vorpal will increase both your DPS and healing output and is also a good choice, but its impact on healing obviously is reduced in a typical end-game build since your Power will vastly outstrip your Crit.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    A good DC healer weapon enchantment simply doesn't exist (correct me if I'm wrong).

1) Holy Avenger - 10% chance (on power use) for a weak heal DOT. Can't be relied on at all. Just a "better than nothing" heal chance.

2) Bronzewood - I think you have to use offensive encounters on target, so it is situational for a DC healer.

3) Vorpal - Chance for extra heal is already unreliable, but the whole heal crit chance being determined by your power to crit strike stat ratio makes this even less useful.

For DC healing/team survivability , Vorpal is best out of 3 poor choices. I'm just surprised that with the wholesale changes to classes/roles and weapon enchants, they didn't seem to consider this new healing role when re-working the weapon enchantments.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

A good DC healer weapon enchantment simply doesn't exist (correct me if I'm wrong).

1) Holy Avenger - 10% chance (on power use) for a weak heal DOT. Can't be relied on at all. Just a "better than nothing" heal chance.

2) Bronzewood - I think you have to use offensive encounters on target, so it is situational for a DC healer.

3) Vorpal - Chance for extra heal is already unreliable, but the whole heal crit chance being determined by your power to crit strike stat ratio makes this even less useful.

For DC healing/team survivability , Vorpal is best out of 3 poor choices. I'm just surprised that with the wholesale changes to classes/roles and weapon enchants, they didn't seem to consider this new healing role when re-working the weapon enchantments.

I used to think the same way about Bronzewood, but when you get your build together and fluff up your Outgoing Healing a bit, it's not difficult keep an encounter slot free for an offensive encounter even in more healing-intensive fights.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH