test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This is to do with the Random Ques

I just did 8 in a row in Wizards Lair ... on new toon... but main has done up to 12 in a row (of the same) in the RIQ ? ?
Why don't / can't we have some different dungeons??? Getting a lil sick of the same que when its supposed to be a random!!

Answers

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    They could certainly restructure the dungeon reward system to fix this.

Create a weekly limit. Each specific dugeon will only queue up once per week for a player using Random queueing. After that, if they want to play that dungeon they have to queue it directly for no bonus awards. This would create a funner variety of experience. Since player's would see more difficult and rarely played dungeons this way... a weekly cap would not prevent players from playing numerous randoms in a single day.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    The purpose of the random q's is not to give you random dungeons. It is to get q's to pop for people that have q'ed directly for a dungeon. People from random q are placed in these existing q's based on their class roll. The closest you can come to a random dungeon is to premake a 5 man party and random q. If there is no 10 man dungeon in that q that someone has requested, you will get a random dungeon.
  • nightelven#9514 nightelven Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

The purpose of the random q's is not to give you random dungeons. It is to get q's to pop for people that have q'ed directly for a dungeon. People from random q are placed in these existing q's based on their class roll. The closest you can come to a random dungeon is to premake a 5 man party and random q. If there is no 10 man dungeon in that q that someone has requested, you will get a random dungeon.

Understand that But... when you are trying to get AD's and you get Lair 8 times in a row... makes you want to give up do the randoms
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    As said, the mechanic is 'supposed' to be, that someone starts a specific queue up because he wants to run it, and then the 'random' system pulls players from the random wait list to fill his queue. AFAIK only if no one is currently running something you are eligible for do you get an actual 'randomly chosen' queue.

That said, like Nightelven, I often find that I get Merchant's Prince, Prophecy of Madness, IG, Dread Legion or The Hunt over and over and over again on a certain day. Rarely do I get a dungeon or something other than these.

It is possible that I'm running during a time when a lot of players are selecting those runs because they are quick. But I suspect that the 'randomly selected queue' mechanic basically just cycles through one set choice for a couple hours, then it moves to the next set choice. (In much the same way that 'Common Cause' offers the same run to everyone all day) It certainly doesn't appear to be offering random runs.
  • nightelven#9514 nightelven Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    and they have skirmishes instead of dungeon runs :( would be great to get some dungeons runs for out "Hard Earned" AD's xo
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    well, skirmishes come up 10x more because u can get in there without a tank or healer. Just try and que Advanced random que, it takes like half an hour to get into anything if you que as dps.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Random queue is not random unless you assemble your own full party.
    You join RQ to fill the missing piece of other parties who may choose to do something specific.
    i.e. if you don't have your full party, it is not random but you may randomly be random. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    If you want a truly random dungeon, go in with a premade party. Otherwise you will just be sent to whatever dungeon someone has manually queued for.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Even the premade thing isn't foolproof since they mixed trials in with dungeons.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I think it would improve the variety while supporting needs at the same time, if we qualified for one full RAD bonus award per dungeon per week.... whether selected manually or randomly drawn. The random queues would attempt to place players in a full award dungeon for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of queueing time, you would instead get placed in any dungeon, but if its one you already completed you would only receive 5,000 AD plus a role bonus.

The Random tiers would be removed. If you only want high tier then queue it directly... and randoms would join you.
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    > @nightelven#9514 said:
    > The purpose of the random q's is not to give you random dungeons. It is to get q's to pop for people that have q'ed directly for a dungeon. People from random q are placed in these existing q's based on their class roll. The closest you can come to a random dungeon is to premake a 5 man party and random q. If there is no 10 man dungeon in that q that someone has requested, you will get a random dungeon.
    >
    > Understand that But... when you are trying to get AD's and you get Lair 8 times in a row... makes you want to give up do the randoms

Just kill yourself after 1st phase and go make some food...
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    The thing that most people forget about either because they are not use to it or think that it isnt that good of an idea is that each dungeon in the game offer raw AD from the end chest and when you dont need a key that means you can run that same dungeon 1Kx times and get tons of raw AD.
    Another thing to remember is that if the dungeon is one that requires that special key from the campaign then that is twice as much AD that you would get from a random.
    Another thing to keep in mind is that you can turn seals of the crown into AD as well and even old camp currency can be turned into AD.
    No one said that you can not get AD if you do not que for a random. No one said that the only way to obtain AD is from a random.
    In fact with me I que for 1 random each day not for the AD no but to get the stronghold quest completed.
    After that I que for whatever dungeon's or skrimishes I wish because I know that in the end I am still getting AD anyway.
    So with all that said I am sorry you got that skrimish 8 times in a row but truth be told perhaps do what others do and que for a direct dungeon that you dont mind to run and your end up getting those random qued people in your que and bingo.
    This is just my two cents.