test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why is it so damn hard to aquire alabaster weapon set

bluewofbluewof Member Posts: 3 Arc User
i have eun mor ME than i can ciunt at this point... Why is it so hard to aquire the alabaster weapon set

Answers

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Because RNG hates you. You specifically. You know why. :-p

Seriously, that's pretty much what it comes down to. I got two sets in about the first week of running MEs, and 3 more OH since. Others have numerous OH or MH, but not the other piece.

Of course, I also didn't see a +5 ring from Omu until I took an alt there a few months ago. Some days RNG gives, some days it takes.
  • aelinazaelinaz Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I have been running ME since the start, I have not had luck either. Basically RNG favors the house not the player.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    what class is it?
    I cannot get main or offhand on cleric or wizard
    tr has 2 x offhands and the other 5 classes got the sets ..

it seemed to me the chances got a little better after that big owlbear patch..

cleric and wizard tho doing ME every day.. and it's always the odd epic armor or ebony weapon but majority is rare.. rng, mileage is always going to vary.. the loot table has at least 10 rare armor and weapon items(say), where that bites is, that item you just got that is for your class.. next ME hand in you have a chance to get that item again or items for other classes is making the chance of getting those blue item even more likely, it seemed to me after the patch on some of the classes that got better .. while on others might of mistakenly missed a tweak.. like an adjustment of how much of a chance you get ; blue items for other classes or possibly it was a ratio of blackened jaw /red feather tribe gear.. either way it's a clusterhamster.

:#

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    specific players got mysterious letter, and were told to be invited to backroom that local guards never knew exist. the room was dark with very little light allowed, and other players meet up, none of them knew each other, assuming one of them send letters, but none of them did.

suddenly, a masked person, gender well hidden, and voice also masked. "welcome, Pardon my masking my idenity", as it paused. "i know all of you had suffer by that RNG, that must end soon" as it laid sharpest daggers on table, offering to players.
    "It's is time to kill RNG!"
  • bluewofbluewof Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    class is paladin bt some miracle i got MH but no OH at this point in think it is borked
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I have 5 sets of alabaster that dropped for my Cw so there : D
    and a pair of pants that i was looking for took like 100 runs to get (once i realized i needed it even more not counting that )
    every item is rare and hard to get if that is what you are looking for / whats left that you are missing
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

what class is it?
    I cannot get main or offhand on cleric or wizard
    tr has 2 x offhands and the other 5 classes got the sets ..

it seemed to me the chances got a little better after that big owlbear patch..

cleric and wizard tho doing ME every day.. and it's always the odd epic armor or ebony weapon but majority is rare.. rng, mileage is always going to vary.. the loot table has at least 10 rare armor and weapon items(say), where that bites is, that item you just got that is for your class.. next ME hand in you have a chance to get that item again or items for other classes is making the chance of getting those blue item even more likely, it seemed to me after the patch on some of the classes that got better .. while on others might of mistakenly missed a tweak.. like an adjustment of how much of a chance you get ; blue items for other classes or possibly it was a ratio of blackened jaw /red feather tribe gear.. either way it's a clusterhamster.

Oddly enough, I main a Cleric. Maybe that's why my second set had a "earlgreybeard" tag on it.... Sorry about that. ;-)

I agree that it'd be nice for players to eventually be able to get at least *a* set of new weapons - the Mountaineer aren't in the t-bar store yet, Watcher are even worse to try and get, and many players are still working on getting the ilevel to go to LoMM (Burnished)....

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Well, either the Alabaster or the Ebonized/Prized weapon set should be rewarded through the Undermountain campaign and not through some crazy RNG HAMSTER, or at the very least the useless rare HAMSTER should be removed from the "9 relics collected" reward chest.

Bad enough to have mini bosses in the daily ME runs that are simply out of balance for this kind of content, but getting rare junk in the reward chest after turning every daily ME upside down to gather all relics is just another kick in the nether regions the players really don't need...

Dear Devs or persons in charge here, you can wall the Alabaster weapon set behind an insane RNG drop rate, you can hold back other similar weapon sets from being released into the Trade Bars store, but all that won't motivate me into buying the crappy Delver's Expedition Pack even at half price, and i'm pretty sure other players think the same.

So here's an crazy idea, if you want to sell more DLCs/packs, start producing DLCs/packs that are worth buying again.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Like anything. there should be a end to the rng (this goes back to the pesky +5 rings.. I got like 20 orcus/lifesteal/defense type ones.. and a couple brutlity .. after thousands of runs.. never got the rising ones I wanted back in the day.

Believe it or not, its not really that fun not to get what you need after x # of runs.. they have stated in the past, its becaues players leave when they get what they want. (I guess, but if your that type of player, I hate you, because of that)

There should always be a end to the RNG madness, but they never thought so.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    RNG = not every one wins
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Finally got the main hand, after 7K C. Magics and 6 or 7 off hands. Ironically on the very next ME I got the offhand again. So in two consecutive runs got both. Won't be running MEs for a while, definitely sick of them
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Even ME rewards can be streaky. So far only my GF got the set. Got both the say day. Two more toons have only one OH. And the last two toons got nothing so far. There are days where I get blue reward for all three tries.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    streaky - yes, absolutely. tbh i reckon the "rng" generator is borked. things come and go in patches, it is either feast or famine

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    2 full sets on my main, a mainhand on my cw and tr. Still looking for ebony raid ring. Zok's given me a few choice items. Can't really complain.

There is some "not in collections" gear that drops from zok and runic HEs. Super rare though.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    My Fighter alt got his set less than a week after he started running MEs.
    My Cleric alt got his MH today, completing his set 3 weeks after being ME ready, but he is only played during weekends.
    My Wizard main has gotten his MH, but no OH despite running 3 MEs every day since Mod 16 launch.

Bleh. There should be a streak breaker on this.

Yes, I am getting sick of MEs :)
    Where did "Role play" went? then why are we doing "Burnout and take my money?", and to some players, they get "Ragequit online". it was fine until mod 6, it never been right since. many players lost so much time and investments, being insulted and destroyed.
    we all know and signed EULA because the rules said this game was subjected to be changed without any noticed or any reasons.
    yes, but this really hurts! many no longer feel happy or relaxed while playing for fun. now we are seeing boring longer fights, skills are mostly cookie cutters. we have no unique idenity, considered the players as 'numbers' only to be fit in sardine cans.
    we lost sense of character growth and creativity.

RNG is still the bane and most cursed format and no one likes it. reason why some players dont want to give up, they played for years and only to see it flushed away, they were hoping to see "glory days" coming back. Others see no hope or redeem, some already left for better and more enjoyable entertaining games and might spend when they see something they like the best.

this lack personal housing theme
    this lack personal unique class contructions
    this lack color theme, mostly locked in restricted color sets
    this locked behind layers of RNG in RNG.

why do we need 18 runs for runics to get Watcher that take a week? that RNG decided to flip off players and get nothing or reward trashes, or end up on wrong players that doesnt need or able to use when it bind.
    i think that i am sure you are so proud of it as players getting upset, that isnt fun anymore.

Trust is already on thin ice that about to be breaking point, once shattered, there no going back, crack lines are growing.
  • b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Most people run ME for the set with that added bonus of a runic to use on a chest of adventures for a chance at artifacts or 1K gear.
    I do agree that the rng was taken to far and low drop rates and the ME gets old fast.
    However I also can understand and see the reason they did this.
    Look at what is given.
    If we got our weapon set first day and if we got the artifacts and the 1K gear from the chest the first week or 2 of the mod going live then what would be the real reason to do ME any longer?
    This was away for them to make things take longer.
    They want it to take longer so they have time to get the new mod whatever that might be ready.
    However the rng can be harsh on many people.
    This is something they did not really think about.
    I can not say rng should be removed but I can say they should increase the drop rate because really even though other sets are better the set that comes from ME most people may need to get into LOMM and do good dmg and with out the set they will be held back and that is a issue.
    For me I have never seen 1K gear drop at all but have got the weapon set to drop many times.
    Rng sucks and we all hate it but we must live with it.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    b4t1b4t said:

If we got our weapon set first day and if we got the artifacts and the 1K gear from the chest the first week or 2 of the mod going live then what would be the real reason to do ME any longer?

b4t1b4t said:

Rng sucks and we all hate it but we must live with it.

I agree with you when it comes to 1k items, artifacts and all that stuff.

However, the Alabaster weapons are special. They are crucially needed to have a working level 80 build. For the other items you can have a good build without them(or buy on AH), for level 80 weapons you have no other real options but Alabaster.

They could easily have made a streak breaker, like letting Zok sell them like the Lost chest, just significantly more expensive.

The starter level 80 weapons set need to have better and more reliable accessability.

Making level 80 weapons available in the tradebar store(supposedly on June 20th) won't really make it much better, as big amounts of tradebars is not something everyone have.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    They're hard to acquire because there are similar weapons in a $200 pack that they really, really, REALLY want you to buy. The bean counters are calling the shots on this one.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    No such thing as a true RNG. Most systems use a pseudo RNG. This can lead to issues with the "seed" which would explain why some folks seem to have much better luck than others in regards to drops, lockboxes, etc. Google "RNG seed gaming" and read some of the results. Every game has this issue. Here's a thread about PoE - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9gcclj/that_talk_of_rngseeds_has_put_me_on_edge/

I especially like the comment about GGG using an account seed. GGG did acknowledge the issue and corrected it. I don't know if Cryptic employs a similar setup but it does appear, anecdotally, that some folks have a larger "pool" of luck than others.
    I aim to misbehave
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    Here I do ME x3 a day since 3rd day of mod 16, my main GF/Fighter have 5 mainhands 0 offhands its justs stupid, my pally have 2 mainhands 0 offhand, my gwf/bar have none. i would love at least to have a merchant to trade 1 of the 5 mainhand on main for a offhand.
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    I've been trying for my main hand (DC) ever since the mod dropped (less a few days to level up of course) but like all RNG.. I just keep trying.. but all I get is useless shoes and hats that I just RP. one day I will get the main.. or like most things NW.. something better will come along before I do.

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    silence1x said:

No such thing as a true RNG. Most systems use a pseudo RNG. This can lead to issues with the "seed" which would explain why some folks seem to have much better luck than others in regards to drops, lockboxes, etc. Google "RNG seed gaming" and read some of the results. Every game has this issue. Here's a thread about PoE - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9gcclj/that_talk_of_rngseeds_has_put_me_on_edge/

I especially like the comment about GGG using an account seed. GGG did acknowledge the issue and corrected it. I don't know if Cryptic employs a similar setup but it does appear, anecdotally, that some folks have a larger "pool" of luck than others.

I'm not sure it's 'pseudo-RNG' but i've noticed in most computer games that there are a lot of 'streaks' of repeating 1's in rolls, even though the 1 does not show up more often than other numbers over the long haul. Perhaps I'm imagining this.
    since that new lockboxes, i just had recieved companion tokens 4 days straight, and today got gems and 2 rank 9's.
    isnt that random enough? seem like same rolls repeated.
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    silence1x said:

No such thing as a true RNG.

There is true RNG. I've known of it since the 80s (don't know when someone first came up with the idea). You just combine real world input with the computer generated number. Things like the time when the number is generated and/or how long and when the user input is made that triggers the random, etc. I think this idea's been forgotten or ignored. In any case, using RNG to extend play is a lazy excuse for not having content that's fun to play more than once.

On a related note, what does "high chance" mean for that Gond package that has mounts in it? I tried 8 times and that high chance never happened. That's not "high chance" at all - that phrase suggests higher than 50% and this was, obviously, far less (more like lockboxes). Won't be tricked by the Gond event again.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates