test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is the Mountaineer set not available in the trade bar store?

ukfatguyukfatguy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Presumably we all know that the Mountaineer set states quite clearly in its description that it should be available in the trade bar store at the release of Mod 16. Likewise I imagine that we all also know that it isn't....

So the big question is why?

The set can't be broken because as far as I'm aware it came in the million dollar undermountain bundle. Thus I expect some players already have it.
Likewise, I imagine it could be argued that the delay is so those who bought the set get it first or some other such nonsense reason but if that was the case why not simple say that in the description. After all if it had then people like me wouldn't be annoyed by its absence.

Furthermore, given that you buy it with trade bars (or not as the case appears at the moment) which you get primarily from VIP or buying keys then in essence anyone who does purchase it with trade bars effectively bought it with real money anyhow.

So why hasn't it been released in the trade bar store? After all i expect its a very quick and easy fix and doing so would ease if not entirely erase many of the problems players are having getting the alabaster set for their characters.

Overall its non-appearance in the store makes very little sense, especially given the vast benefits its appearance would have on both the community and devs quality of life.

Comments

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    because it IS available in the $200 bundle

Also, VIP and/or keys doesn't mean ppl have spent money - Zen / AD exchange
  • ukfatguyukfatguy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    and like I said, If that IS the reason then why claim it will be available in the trade bar store at launch?
    Why not have the info say it will be available in the $200 bundle?

It could easily be added to the store later and nobody at all would have so much as batted an eyelid.
    oh and just for the record, VIP and/or keys *does* mean that ppl have spent money...

The AD/Zen exchange is done by players and facilitated by the game. Zen does not just magically appear on the exchange...if it did there would not be a delay and cryptic would be *very poor* indeed.

So, someone somewhere has to buy zen and post it on the exchange. Cryptic get their money either way and lets face it, no commercial enterprise is really going to care who paid for what.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Placing Alabaster weapon set behind some batshit crazy RNG wall +
    delaying the release of the Mountaineer weapon set into the Trade Bar Store=
    counting on more sales of the overpriced crappy Delver's Expedition Pack...

Anyway, someone said we'll get the Mountaineer set in a few days on the 20. into the Trade Bar Store, but i bet the price for it will be overpriced in comparison to other weapon sets that found their way into the store.

Instead of trying to push overpriced useless HAMSTER onto the players, how about adding good packs and items to the ZEN shop that are actually worth buying?
    And while you're at it, how about getting your HAMSTER together regarding those ZEN Charge Promotions too? I can't recall a single promo over the last 5 years that went from start to finish without some kind of major fudge up in between.

No offense, but it's really starting to feel like someone is trying their best to tank NWO.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    The alabaster set is definitely a problem, although I'm not sure what can be done to fix it. Its either really easy to get (one of my alts got both in only 4 ME's) or almost unobtainable.

I suppose the problem is that the loot table is quite large so without either some really fancy math to weight the rewards or some kind of reward table tree which switches once you have one of the set. You can't make the chance to acquire them all that big without deluging player with 500 copies of the same item.

I am happy to hear the mountaineer set is coming to the trade bar store, I suppose that given the sets utility, more expensive is fine, ridiculously expensive will just be a kick In the teeth.

As for good packs, Yeh, I think you squarely hit the nail on the head. I i'm probably not alone in thinking that paying for VIP is nothing unreasonable if I like and play the game. After all they have to make money from somewhere and it makes sense to pay people for providing a source of entertainment..it happens with actors & musicians all the time.

Likewise, Cryptic thus far have been nowhere near as crappy and outright predatory as other game studios & publishers.
    So I'd like to think they will continue in the same vein, The million dollar bundle is something of a joke and hopefully not a sign of crappier practices & policies to come.

As for someone trying to bugger NWO, it doesn't really make sense, so far as i'm aware the game is successful and presumably makes more money than it costs to run & develop. So even if the profit was only $1 per year it still makes financial sense to keep it going and try to grow the game rather than throw it in the bin just for HAMSTER & giggles.

• wemerywemery Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    will these show up SOON?
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    I demand a Mountaneer weaponset for FREE
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
    I though i heared the 20th or the 23rd.. we will see

• nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    They said the 20th on a stream. The 23rd is Sunday. So once again, it was a lie.
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    wow, yet another lie...
    so glad they are doing those live streams, just so they can constantly just lie to our faces...
    the disrespect is real.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Spy Guild wrapped them all up in their shirts and trousers.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    ukfatguy said:

The alabaster set is definitely a problem, although I'm not sure what can be done to fix it. Its either really easy to get (one of my alts got both in only 4 ME's) or almost unobtainable.

I suppose the problem is that the loot table is quite large so without either some really fancy math to weight the rewards or some kind of reward table tree which switches once you have one of the set. You can't make the chance to acquire them all that big without deluging player with 500 copies of the same item.

I am happy to hear the mountaineer set is coming to the trade bar store, I suppose that given the sets utility, more expensive is fine, ridiculously expensive will just be a kick In the teeth.

As for good packs, Yeh, I think you squarely hit the nail on the head. I i'm probably not alone in thinking that paying for VIP is nothing unreasonable if I like and play the game. After all they have to make money from somewhere and it makes sense to pay people for providing a source of entertainment..it happens with actors & musicians all the time.

Likewise, Cryptic thus far have been nowhere near as crappy and outright predatory as other game studios & publishers.
    So I'd like to think they will continue in the same vein, The million dollar bundle is something of a joke and hopefully not a sign of crappier practices & policies to come.

As for someone trying to bugger NWO, it doesn't really make sense, so far as i'm aware the game is successful and presumably makes more money than it costs to run & develop. So even if the profit was only $1 per year it still makes financial sense to keep it going and try to grow the game rather than throw it in the bin just for HAMSTER & giggles.

Just because something is profitable doesn't mean the suits and bean counters won't kill it. I once worked at a company where we were consistently profitable to the tune of 10% ROI. Unfortunately, the suits wanted 15% ROI because they wanted to boost the stock price. Everyone on our project was subsequently laid off and the product line killed. I guess they found something else in which to pour resources.

I don't despise the profession of bean counting. Someone has to do it. I despise when it is coupled with an amoral predatory mindset.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    any updated news on this subject?
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Check it again - they were in the TB store Saturday (6/22).
    I aim to misbehave
  • tjkernan#7315 tjkernan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I bought both of mine this morning...
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    The sad part is that I don't even need them anymore.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
    thx
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    July 20th
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    why do you want that crappy set? set bonuses kinda.. useless for most classes.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    draugkir said:

For me, I got it just because I'm tired of running 3 MEs, every day, to not see my Ranger's off-hand drop. Last night, I got the exact same Red Feather clan off-hand 3 times in a row. The bonus is meh but at least it has two slots on the off-hand.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    draugkir said:

So far I've tried it on Barbie, Wizard and Ranger - they work just fine for me. I can finally run solo HEs on the SH map again.