test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M16 DPS Armor Enchant

Hi guys wondering what your using for Armor enchants....I believe when the mod first dropped people were thinking barkshield for groups and bloodtheft for solo. Is everyone now running thunderhead for groups?

Comments

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I'm still in my barkshield on my main - works fine, I have a rank 9 Bloodtheft on an alt, and it's ok. You don't want to be getting hit often enough to be firing off Thunderhead as DPS, so not sure why people would be running it.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I use: Wizard - Soulforged, Rogue - Eclipse, Fighter - Thunderhead, Warlock - Shadowclad, Paladin - Fireburst, Ranger - Eclipse, Barbarian - Negation, Cleric - Shadowclad, and Barbarian - Bloodtheft.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Thanks for the responses. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna main my wizard in M16 (console player) I have an unp shadowclad now that I received in a trade, and use on my gwf and like it, I guess I’ll try that out. I suspect it won’t be great on the wizard..I figured I would trade it for the bark, but if I can keep an un-bound enchant I’d rather do that
  • cheerz4beerzcheerz4beerz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Thunderhead looks cool. The enchants are pretty worthless anyways, might as well look good.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    surprised nobody has mentioned Elven Battle
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    > @cheerz4beerz said:
    > Thunderhead looks cool. The enchants are pretty worthless anyways, might as well look good.

Thunderhead does look cool, now I’m leaning towards the soulforged but I’ll wait a few weeks into launch and see how much I’m dying...we are basically back to mod 6–10 with vorpal/soul...
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    > @cheerz4beerz said:
    > Thunderhead looks cool. The enchants are pretty worthless anyways, might as well look good.

Precisely the reason I'm using loamweave on my cleric. I love the animation over my armor and trailing tulips behind me.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    BUT if I had to pick useful enchants...

Barbarian - Negation/Elven Battle
    Cleric - Barkshield/Eclipse (especially useful on Boreworm if your team isnt on top of boulder destruction)
    Fighter - Elven Battle/Negation
    Hunter - Barkshield/Soulforged
    Paladin - Elven Battle/Negation
    Rogue - Barkshield/Soulforged
    Warlock - Barkshield/Soulforged
    Wizard - Barkshield/Soulforged

Soulforged is pretty universally useful on any dps that needs to be in melee range and/or is a bit too squishy to survive taking many hits.
    Eclipse/Elven Battle is good for anyone that struggles with stamina management, though elven is better for tanky types since its effect is up all the time with the additional benefit of reducing time spent CCd.
    Barkshield is beneficial if you only sometimes take hits.
    Negation is nice for tanks/dps that havent quite reached their defense caps, and is even nicer because its heal is dependant on max HP.
    Bloodtheft can be good for solo-play, the heals can help with sustain.

In the end, use what suits your needs. If you don't need utility, go for what looks awesome.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    Elven Battle does not work properly in some common situations, like pull/push in CODG and ALL control powers in pvp.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Barkshield on my HR, fireburst on my vanity CW.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Soulforged is still bugged, when auto-resurected, you got double death debuff cutting down your damages and hp.