test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Roll it back

allybell123allybell123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
Seriously I have play since beta this mod is by far the worst. Im leader and am loosing players everyday from dc, unplayable me's, and messed up events come on nw im trying really hard to stay with you but really this is beyond a joke now fix this rubbish roll it back plz

Lady Ganz

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    There is one issue with the MEs, which is that if you are doing them solo and disconnect, you get kicked out, and lose one of your 3 chances that day.

This should be changed to limit people to 3 completions per day, instead of 3 attempts, but it does in no way make them "unplayable".

As for the rest, well...what went live just wasn't ready for release - simple as that. What we have now, in particular after the big patch we got last week is pretty much what *should* have been released - yes, there are bugs and some questionable design decisions, but right now the game is pretty much playable without major issues.

The difficulty is OK overall - skilled, well-geared players breeze through the solo content, one-shotting stuff and never need to use healing potions. Undergeared and unskilled players have a real challenge and find it difficult to survive, with everyone else somewhere between those extremes. And, you know what...that's just how it should be.

As for group content - the difficulty is pretty much right (well, the bank vault might need some tweaking, and there are a few other small issues), and as long as people know how to play their class, they should not have problem. There is the issue of problematic reward/effort ratio, and some bad design (things like that the Successor gear from LoMM is less desirable than lower IL gear and that the multi-level RNG to obtain the Watcher set is really a bad joke), but overall, uhm...it's getting ... well, maybe not "great", but at least "playable".
    Hoping for improvements...
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    adinosii said:

There is one issue with the MEs, which is that if you are doing them solo and disconnect, you get kicked out, and lose one of your 3 chances that day.
    This should be changed to limit people to 3 completions per day, instead of 3 attempts, but it does in no way make them "unplayable".

While I totally understand why that makes sense (i got dc'd on a solo run the other night), with the introduction of the Watcher set / hidden bosses, this would be abused beyond belief. Group enters, 3 runes, no hidden shadow on first two bosses (or maybe all three, depending on the coding) - group all disconnects, and reforms party to run again. And again. And again. Keep repeating, because they haven't *completed* their daily runs.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    cdnbison said:

adinosii said:

While I totally understand why that makes sense (i got dc'd on a solo run the other night), with the introduction of the Watcher set / hidden bosses, this would be abused beyond belief. Group enters, 3 runes, no hidden shadow on first two bosses (or maybe all three, depending on the coding) - group all disconnects, and reforms party to run again. And again. And again. Keep repeating, because they haven't *completed* their daily runs.
    ... and there could be a simple solution for that, an unique ID for the created ME, and as long as that ME isn't completed by those "disconnecting" players, they would end up in it again and again until they finish the run.

Hell, the ID thing might even be used for dungeon or skirmish runs, where a player gets disconnected and wants to get back to his group but can't atm. I mean, weren't there complaints about exactly this kind of problem regarding some event thing?

Two birds, one stone.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    adinosii said:

As for the rest, well...what went live just wasn't ready for release - simple as that. What we have now, in particular after the big patch we got last week is pretty much what *should* have been released - yes, there are bugs and some questionable design decisions, but right now the game is pretty much playable without major issues.

The difficulty is OK overall - skilled, well-geared players breeze through the solo content, one-shotting stuff and never need to use healing potions. Undergeared and unskilled players have a real challenge and find it difficult to survive, with everyone else somewhere between those extremes. And, you know what...that's just how it should be.

As for group content - the difficulty is pretty much right (well, the bank vault might need some tweaking, and there are a few other small issues), and as long as people know how to play their class, they should not have problem. There is the issue of problematic reward/effort ratio, and some bad design (things like that the Successor gear from LoMM is less desirable than lower IL gear and that the multi-level RNG to obtain the Watcher set is really a bad joke), but overall, uhm...it's getting ... well, maybe not "great", but at least "playable".

Speak for yourself about one-shotting. My HR main is 24.7k, has r15 bondings, r14 vorpal, r15 radiants in all offense slots, every stat capped, 150k power buffed, legendary augment, 15% bolster, and still takes quite a while to kill anything. My CW and SW with lesser gear and stats (and no vorpal) consistently do more damage.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Seriously I have play since beta this mod is by far the worst. Im leader and am loosing players everyday from dc, unplayable me's, and messed up events come on nw im trying really hard to stay with you but really this is beyond a joke now fix this rubbish roll it back plz

Lady Ganz

In one of the first Driftwood Tavern twitch-athons after M16 dropped, the Lead Designer Foss was pretty adamant a roll back was not happening.

The NW we knew from Mod 15 and before is gone, and it isn't coming back. If you don't like what Mod 16 has turned the game into - take a break from it. Check back when Mod 17 drops later this year and see if it's any better then.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    Let us have some perspective here?

While I do understand it is annoying to lose a ME chance, does it really happen often enough that it matters that much?

Could not the development resources spent on fixing this be better spent to create new content?

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it ;)
  • louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    Vote with your wallets, its the only way they will listen. Spend some real money to support the game if you like it, don't spend a dime if you don't like the changes
    edited June 2019
    Well, players are allready voting with their wallet, and the persons in charge of NWO reaction to that was placing a 20k ZEN price tag on the Delver's Expedition Pack...

And considering how fudged up the RNG of ME reward chest is, looking at all that rare useless HAMSTER from 9 relics runs, losing a ME chance does matter and this should be fixed. Hell, bug fixing should receive a much higher priority in NWO, and i thought Undermountain made that absolutely clear?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1249301/quartermasters-enchant-not-upgrading-loot-table-quality
    one of the latest bugs, and still waiting on any official word on it...
    Want to know why?
  • louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    I agree RNG is the most critical factor in doing well in this game, skill and knowledge actually are less important thought sometimes are necessary. Some players are always asking for more difficult contents just to show that they are better than other players but I think they own their right to brag only if they can take off their good gears and enchantments and fight with their bare hands, after all they do have the choice while other less fortune players do not. I think we all play this game for fun and showing off is less important ;)
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    HR, CW, SW, etc. don't exist anymore but I get what you mean but keep in mind new players don't handle acronyms well. :grin:

@kemnimtarkas made the same point, I have made over and over, to the "roll back threads". It is not going back, the game is moving forward. A rewind at this point would have more players upset than pleased, first how do you account for all the items purchased with cash versus zax? These items like the mounts, companions, gear just go POOF! into vapor with player's cash. I think, it would be even worse for the free to play person who grinds for months, and waits to convert to buy something, just to have all their work go POOF!

You might think I am just worried about my "stuff" but I am not. If I were, I would be asking for a roll back just to get all the books we lost in the great Foundry fire on April 11th. While I am almost certain the fire was arson, there will be no roll back. It is not going to happen. How would a roll back effect new players who joined after module 16 released? Characters deleted? Account gone? What I keep seeing is players wanting to rewind the game and not considering the consequences. Many Foundry authors lost a lot of work and continue to play the game.

I can pick and choose what I play within this game. I chose not to play module 15 as it is a repeated joke. I don't care to hear the same knock knock joke over and over. My good friends told me about the rank 14 enchantment, but is it really worthwhile? I like humor in a story, I believe everyone does, but it just didn't fit well. So I ignored the big airship and move along. I mostly play module 14 (Ravenloft: Barovia) which I find better than most modules. But after the content is done, this is just another beat 'em up or hack and slash.

And I don't want anyone to stay playing the game (any game) against their will. @regenerde said to vote with your wallet, I honestly played free since the beginning. The only money I given to Cryptic was for Star Trek Online in order to... learn the Foundry. Cash meet dust. So play as much or as little as you like, spend as much as you wish to lose. But roll backs are a fantasy more so than the game itself.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited June 2019

I agree RNG is the most critical factor in doing well in this game, skill and knowledge actually are less important thought sometimes are necessary. Some players are always asking for more difficult contents just to show that they are better than other players but I think they own their right to brag only if they can take off their good gears and enchantments and fight with their bare hands, after all they do have the choice while other less fortune players do not. I think we all play this game for fun and showing off is less important ;)

Sorry but all the r15 and legendary weapon sets in the world will never make an unskilled player skilled. Period.
    We do all play this game for fun, and players that are struggling have the same entitlement to having fun than those who arent struggling.
    Difficulty is to make content for everyone. The argument of removing enchants and gear and play naked is starting to get old.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Roll back to mod15 where bosses are getting one or 2shotted? No thanks for me. Even the simplified mod16 are more fun and most importantly makes more sense than mod15. If we were to really wants a rollback, rollback to mod1 where all those terrible mistake are not done to the game yet.

hustin1 said:

adinosii said:

Speak for yourself about one-shotting. My HR main is 24.7k, has r15 bondings, r14 vorpal, r15 radiants in all offense slots, every stat capped, 150k power buffed, legendary augment, 15% bolster, and still takes quite a while to kill anything. My CW and SW with lesser gear and stats (and no vorpal) consistently do more damage.
    that isn't the story I've heard from other hrs.. maybe you need to rethink your build or rotation?
    Cordon of Arrows/Plant Growth, Thorn Ward/Thorn Strike, Rain of Arrows/Rain of Swords.

Now, I would hasten to point out that the (stated) objective of removing two-thirds of our powers, removing all but five of our feats, and reducing the remaining feats to binary choices was to "remove false choices". It implies that there should be no remaining false choices. If the choice of our powers is so critical such that the above rotation is a false choice, then what happened? Were the devs misleading us about their objective, or did they do a poor job of balancing the HR? When this was still on preview I do recall a dev posting that they didn't plan to do much balancing for HR's because they "felt that the HR was already in a good place". I guess they were wrong.
    edited June 2019
    Well, didn't someone also say that "scaling is in a good place" before they started removing it from most (?) campaign areas and adjusting it to the version we currently have?

So maybe they could take a closer look at the Ranger and do the same there too?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    14. Gravemaster chain-casting without cooldowns and huge "tanky" health, and they are spellcaster and should be squishy, and fast blinking as soon anyone hit them.
    15. we need 18 runs for runic gathering to make 3 seals per run for watcher spawning, that take a week.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    wylonus said:

14. Gravemaster chain-casting without cooldowns and huge "tanky" health, and they are spellcaster and should be squishy, and fast blinking as soon anyone hit them.
    15. we need 18 runs for runic gathering to make 3 seals per run for watcher spawning, that take a week.

Those wizard mob that teleport around need to be given a cooldown. Its really stupid.
    16. Revive sickness when your Soulforged armor procs.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Things I'm sick of:

8. Taking forever to kill a lousy Imp at the Stronghold when you have 150k power and 24.7k IL -- because the Gods hate Rangers.

I made the mistake of trying to solo the Problem with Beasts HE with a 19.6k level 80 ranger - didn't have the alabaster weapons yet, but did have legendary level 70 weapons.

It was like shooting at tanks with a nerf ball gun.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User

hey upgrade the game engine

I don't know where you got the idea that this was even an option and what you mean by "upgrade"
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Best thing to do is what I did. Go play another MMO game with less issues. ESO, FF, WoW, etc...there are so many better games out there that will serve a similar purpose.

IMO, NWO mod 16 turn NWO from a MMO to an inferior loot shooter as the action is slower and more tedious than other loot shooter games. Its not a MMO as complexity was reduced I mean removed.

NWO is simply like a broken down house, a money pit. The more you put into the house the more it expects you to fix it by spending more. So do what I did stop spending and use the resources you have and if the money pit requires additional real cash to continue to work or function simply stop putting money into it and let it fall apart and die as you move onto other things.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

hustin1 said:

adinosii said:

that isn't the story I've heard from other hrs.. maybe you need to rethink your build or rotation?
    Cordon of Arrows/Plant Growth, Thorn Ward/Thorn Strike, Rain of Arrows/Rain of Swords.

Now, I would hasten to point out that the (stated) objective of removing two-thirds of our powers, removing all but five of our feats, and reducing the remaining feats to binary choices was to "remove false choices". It implies that there should be no remaining false choices. If the choice of our powers is so critical such that the above rotation is a false choice, then what happened? Were the devs misleading us about their objective, or did they do a poor job of balancing the HR? When this was still on preview I do recall a dev posting that they didn't plan to do much balancing for HR's because they "felt that the HR was already in a good place". I guess they were wrong.
    This is pretty much spot on - the bit about "removing false choices" means all barbies should [more or less] perform and produce damage output at roughly the same speed based upon the same item levels, choices of rotation and feats.

But this isn't the case from what I have seen at all.

I have seen an 18k Barbie out DPS a 22.7k Barbie by a ration of 8 to 1 - ie Barbie A does 4 million damage, Barbie B does 500k damage. How the fork does that happen? Even a massively incompetent player [Barbie B] who is actively hitting stuff shouldn't have their DPS so much lower than Barbie A... should they?
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

adinosii said:

I would agree with this except that players can already run and stagger their 3 runs a day and abandon if they don't get it right now. The fact that there is a 1 out of 10 to 1 out of 20 chance to get the shade to show and it requires getting through the first 2 areas to see if your going to get it and the last area is a boss room that is really quick means most will finish the 3 rune run and go to the next one. Then, after you get all of your first characters done those in my play group at least can start to bring in alts to continue to do watcher runs. The problem is that your drops for the watcher set now have it where your randomly getting a single one to drop that is random. This means your going to need to run a lot of runs to get there. The last part is that the bonus from this set is the least desirable of the set bonus. The problem is that most of the bosses in the game had where they removed you from combat every so often because some classes could abuse that feature. This means that your hardly ever going to stack the bonus of the weapons in the game since it requires you to get it stacked while in combat. This is the same bonus as the Tyrant weapons which that was the issue with them in game and why nobody wanted them (I have the tyrant weapons on 3 character classes). This means that the Alabaster weapon set will in most cases out perform the watcher set weapons in game regulating the watcher weapons to be novelty items.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Roll back with your wallet.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I miss old neverwinter. But i think we have to all accept it is gone.
    It went to that one weird summer camp and came back a dead eyed husk that smells slightly and its skin doesn't sit quiet right.
    We can morn the loss of our old friend and just ignore it when it turns it hollow rotting eyes to us and asks us to accept the hive within ourselves.
    We just have to accept there is no return.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    welcome to inferno, abandon all your hope at this gate, so, welcome to the club.
    bpstuart said:

I miss old neverwinter. But i think we have to all accept it is gone.
    It went to that one weird summer camp and came back a dead eyed husk that smells slightly and its skin doesn't sit quiet right.
    We can morn the loss of our old friend and just ignore it when it turns it hollow rotting eyes to us and asks us to accept the hive within ourselves.
    We just have to accept there is no return.

I'm tempted to say "words cannot express how much I hate this mod", but it would be a lie. I have enough command of the English language to express how much I hate this mod. What is beyond me is the ability to do so in a manner that would resemble anything civil.