test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Undermountain] Rare Monster Spawn Locations

c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
edited June 2019 in Guides
Hello guys!

I've compilled a set of pictures which show where you can find particular enemies that drop the "Weave-Touched Fragment" item. This particular item has a chance to drop from each of these enemies. Once you get ahold of ten pieces of the Weave-Touched Fragments, you can exchange them for a special Vanity Pet chest located at Zok. You can find Zok under a staircase in the "Yawning Portal" zone (tavern).

Note: Spawn Coordinates are not 100% correct as I do not know precise location. However, they are the closest to the original spawning coordinates as you can get.

Note: Ooze monsters usually serve as an alternate spawn. This is evident in the case of "Banebelight" in correlation with the "Custodian of the Catacombs".

Note: This list is not complete as I couldn't find more monsters to add, and I am unsure whether there are more. The area I didn't check thoroughly was Slipery Slope. Other areas I didn't check were special Quest-related places, as I've no access to them on my toon's current level.

=====================================================================

Edit:

- Thanks to @midnightita for pointing out the Beholder position.
- Thanks to @mindache for pointing out the Duergar and the Fomorian positions.
- Thanks to @elwing#6559 for making a quick map guide for the sake of easier navigation.
- Thanks to @rafaelda for pointing out the Ogre and the Beholder positions.

Updates:

The Catacombs:
  • Added Dargmox the Vengeful (credit to rafaelda) 14. june
  • Added Xanathar's Fist (credit to rafaelda) 14. june
  • Added Tombspawn the Atrocity 15. june (Note: This monster serves as an alternate spawn to Dargmox the Vengeful)

WELL'S END: THE CATACOMBS

SLIPERY SLOPE: TWISTED CAVERNS

CAVERN ENTRANCE: WYLLOWWOOD

LAVA FIELDS: TERMINUS LEVEL

SHADOW'S HOLD: VANRAKDOOM

True Neutral
Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
Post edited by c1k4ml3kc3 on

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    This is awesome! Thanks a lot!
    Elite Whaleboy
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Beholder in Terminus Level

2120, -25
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Beholder in Terminus Level

2120, -25

Added, thank you!
    True Neutral
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
    I aim to misbehave
  • mindachemindache Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    There's a dwarf "Torkam Stonesorrow" (393, 3808) in Twisted Caverns and a fomorian "Orzguv the Tainted" (597, 1777) in Terminus who drop the fragments as well.
    <font color="FireBrick">All we ask for is satisfaction.</font>
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    There is a named Drider close to the starting point in Vanrakdoom. On your right side as you enter the first ruin if I'm not mistaken. Don't have coords tho
    Elite Whaleboy
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Can't seem to get the drop from that Drider or the Custodian cube in Vanrakdoom.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Can't seem to get the drop from that Drider or the Custodian cube in Vanrakdoom.

I've gotten the drop from both yesterday.
  • robtnrobtn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    Had a Banebelight at 457,-1609
    Everything's Shiny, Not to Fret
    I have over 50+ kills of Drow by the name Draxole and I can't seem to get the Weave-Touched Fragment. I've wasted over three hours on him.
    If anyone has done so please confirm this loot. It is still possible that this particular enemy is coated in low drop chance paint for whatever reason. Until then I really can't allow him to be the part of the Weave-Touched Fragment crew.
    True Neutral
    pitshade said:

Where is Cube in Vanrakdoom located at?
    True Neutral
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    Thumbs up for this work
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @c1k4ml3kc3 said:
    >
    >
    > Where is Cube in Vanrakdoom located at?

There is a slime covered trail on the exterior area adjacent to where you start the Waning Darkness quest and enter the cultist area. The cube is on that trail.

I tried again to get drops from that cube and the drider last night but didn't get anything.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

> @c1k4ml3kc3 said:

>

>

> Where is Cube in Vanrakdoom located at?

There is a slime covered trail on the exterior area adjacent to where you start the Waning Darkness quest and enter the cultist area. The cube is on that trail.

I tried again to get drops from that cube and the drider last night but didn't get anything.

Alright, I shall check it out tonight when I have the free time. Thank you!
    True Neutral
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Is there a.limit per day m
    On how many fragments u can gain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    Very nice, thank you for the addition!
    True Neutral

Is there a.limit per day m

On how many fragments u can gain

Hi!

I would say that there is a limit on a daily basis. However, that might be untrue if the drop chance exhausts itself the more you collect.

I'd think that it either has a specific amount of drops depending upon given situation. Please remember, this is pure speculation as we can't know for sure unless the developers can confirm this.

a) It works similar to "Lich Lore" from Omu. It resets on every hour start so you can get it again.
    b) It works by giving you less and less items the more you collect, but resets on each day reset.
    c) + a) It gives you items from each monster spawn from a different instance whilst resetting on every hour (to have more instances, they need to have more than 20 people)
    d) It works similar to "A Bundle of Lich Lore" that dropped from Tyrant BHE in Omu, dropping on each 15 minutes.
    e) = [c) + a)] + d) It gives you items based on instance spawn, hourly rate or quarter of an hour rate.
    f) The less you play, better the drop chances are later on on your couple of "first tries". Possibly has to do with some updates or changes which kind of resets the drop chance or similar.

Or all of the above.

However, I can confirm that after some time drops stopped completely no matter how much I farmed them. I will note that I took the chest once I hit the number. I collected 11 Fragments, after the chest was left with only one fragment and inability to farm more.

True Neutral
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I know for sure that the drop-rate isn't 100% regardless of cooldown, maybe 75% or 80%.

Catacombs : Twisted Warden (ogre), who guards the exit portal, pretty sure he drops the fragment.

Vanrakdoom : Custodian of Vanrakdoom, at the green puddles, not sure.

Vanrakdoom : Draxole the drider near the entrance never dropped a fragment for me, looks like a bug.

Vanrakdoom : The named yeti and demon probably don't drop the fragment because they are part of campaign quests but i'm not 100% sure yet, so killing them a few times might be a good idea.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Tks for the list !
    @C1K4ML3KC3

theres 2 more in the catacombs map, a Beholder that roam the Great hall near the Big Cristal and a Bone golen that spawn from the cristal after you kill enough mobs near it...
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I will be sure to check it out, although those mobs didn't drop a fragment for me, yet...

If you get a fragment, please just take a small screenshot and post it here so that I can update the images and coordinates. Thanks!
    True Neutral
    Link for the 2 dead and the Fragment drop

https://imgur.com/a/1QZWL0y
    edited June 2019
    Supercool! I'll add it! :)

Edit: I have been waiting for them to spawn for two hours! Not a single one of them spawned. Is there any catch? Are they a part of some quest?

It seems to me that these two are kind of bugged since they do not spawn, and I was alone in the instance.

Post edited by c1k4ml3kc3 on
    True Neutral
    just get a more empty instance and kill mobs near the cristal, the golem will pop, the beholder comes a few minutes later...
    rafaelda said:

just get a more empty instance and kill mobs near the cristal, the golem will pop, the beholder comes a few minutes later...

After being extremely stubborn, I've got the items from these two. Their respawn timers are astronomical. Thank you for the input!
    True Neutral
    artifleur said:

I know for sure that the drop-rate isn't 100% regardless of cooldown, maybe 75% or 80%.

Catacombs : Twisted Warden (ogre), who guards the exit portal, pretty sure he drops the fragment.

Vanrakdoom : Draxole the drider near the entrance never dropped a fragment for me, looks like a bug.

Vanrakdoom : The named yeti and demon probably don't drop the fragment because they are part of campaign quests but i'm not 100% sure yet, so killing them a few times might be a good idea.

I never managed to get a drop from any of these. I wasn't farming Twisted Warden who's chilling by the wall, although I did kill him over 20+ times and still got nothing...

The demon that's part of the quest respawns rather quick and after 60 or so kills, not a single fragment. The yeti I can't remember, where is it located at?
    True Neutral

artifleur said:

I never managed to get a drop from any of these. I wasn't farming Twisted Warden who's chilling by the wall, although I did kill him over 20+ times and still got nothing...

The demon that's part of the quest respawns rather quick and after 60 or so kills, not a single fragment. The yeti I can't remember, where is it located at?
    the yeti is in the back in of the "catedral" higher level, but no drop from him, also confirmed with a few alliance members
    the warden also no drop for me, alway kill that ogre and nothing so far...
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    artifleur said:

Sorry guys, none of them actually drop the fragment.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @artifleur said:
    > I know for sure that the drop-rate isn't 100% regardless of cooldown, maybe 75% or 80%.
    >
    > Catacombs : Twisted Warden (ogre), who guards the exit portal, pretty sure he drops the fragment.
    >
    > Vanrakdoom : Custodian of Vanrakdoom, at the green puddles, not sure.
    >
    > Vanrakdoom : Draxole the drider near the entrance never dropped a fragment for me, looks like a bug.
    >
    > Vanrakdoom : The named yeti and demon probably don't drop the fragment because they are part of campaign quests but i'm not 100% sure yet, so killing them a few times might be a good idea.
    >
    > Sorry guys, none of them actually drop the fragment.

Yes they do
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!