test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wonders of Gond Level Difference

Only foes within seven levels of you will drop Gond items. Now that the level cap is 80, shouldn't this be changed to "within 10 levels"? That would enable farming in the many zones with Level 70 foes. For now, the farmers are limited to Undermountain zones. They will decimate the foe population, making it harder for campaign players to complete their missions.

Comments

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I'm more curious as to how that works in scaled areas - does the system see me as my actual level (80), or my scaled level (##)?
  • hannibalsmith#0854 hannibalsmith Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I'm Level 80, scaled down to 68 in Reclamation Rock. Obviously foes are 68 as well. I've slain at least 75 and no Gond drops. Since I'm catching up on the Elemental Evil campaign, I'll keep trying.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    pls increase the level diference to 10 levels allowing us to farm Gond event in lv 70 areas and not only our stronghold

• mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Agree totally!
    I asked in guild chat where to go to farm these, and they mentioned a scaled down area (neverwinter graveyard) and I have not received one single drop.
    Seem like a very poor implementation of an event if you can't even participate in it. Oh well I guess there is always my doing 3 daily me's then go watch a movie.
  • bambambunnybambambunny Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Well an event in which I will not participate I always done this event doing campaign and dailys now that seem to be imposible and I have no wish to spend all my time on undermountain map
  • shafuqshafuq Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    i believe the drops were adjusted towards the previous level cap of 70. yesterday after playing for hours, doing dailies for various quests i got ZERO gond event drops. it should be 10 lvl difference at a minimum. plus as mentioned, from my experiences it seems the scaled levels also don't allow drops. This was an event i was really looking for. but due to its current state it just has no purpose for level 80 characters.

it's too late to fix it now. you guys should've thought about it before the launch. :/
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Another classic win from the Neverwinter team.

Really really is there anyone there who actually thinks about any of this stuff?

This way beyond a HAMSTER joke now
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    I had told devs 2 months ago on weekend events, CTA, they didnt even updated, they were focus on "Tales of the Old" and regular quests, but rarely seen any updates on CTA, "promo weekends", and minor holiday events.

only updates i had seen was those tiny pet toys.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Previous versions of this event, if I was scaled to lower content (but within 7 levels of the mobs in that content), Gond pieces still dropped.

Played for an hour this morning, zero drops even though I was fighting mobs the same level the content scaled me to.

If the current event basically only gives level 80's drops if they are in Undermountain or SH, guess a lot of players will be giving this one a pass.
  • cheerz4beerzcheerz4beerz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Or just farm resonance and grond items at the same time and kill 2 birds with one stone. Endlessly spawning mobs that cant get farmed out.
  • h3llbentwisph3llbentwisp Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I'm level 80 and I was in IWD, Dread, Sharandar, TWoD, River yesterday. Not a single Gond drop. The only drops I received were in the ME runs I did. I'm assuming the HE's in undermountain would drop them as well. Scaled instances seems like there are no drops for toons that are above the instance level before scaling.
  • genadine#7803 genadine Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    QA on Holiday, a CM that is as much use as a chocolate fireguard, Devs that think they should focus on PvP. And were the fools paying their wages
  • rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    The Gond Event takes effect only when the character is 7 levels higher than the mobs. Since we are level 80 and the mobs in all the maps are 70, except Undermountain, Gond has no effect. You should have changed something before repeating this event in the usual way. You should increase your Accuracy Stat, dear Cryptic.
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
    Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
    Pallyda ---> growing up OP
    edited June 2019
    Post edited by rishikesa#0564 on
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

Or just farm resonance and grond items at the same time and kill 2 birds with one stone. Endlessly spawning mobs that cant get farmed out.

Except that killing mobs in MEs is not the best way to farm resonance / runic pieces, and hoards of ppl nuking the mobs as soon as they spawn will destroy any farming opportunities for ppl who need runes.

No offence, but imo terrible idea
    right now, this is part of "Hall of Shame" for having released outdated weekend event when many get nothing. how very short sighted devs? so thoughtless.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I haven't been able to test it on level 73 mobs yet, but so far I've run 6 zones in various levels of scaling, 2 skirmishes, 1 dungeon; none of it dropped Gond items. Might test more today but probably just skip the event. It's just not worth trying to figure out what Cryptic has screwed up and what they haven't, anymore.
  • gryzellagryzella Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Work as intended,look at event details.You must be lvl 10 or higher and kill monsters that are within 7 levels of you.
    Gryzella, these rules were good before mod. 16. Now this event needs a restyling, otherwise is unplayed almost everywhere
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    Do only Wondrous Gromet drop or can the cogs/sprockets/gadgets drop too?

About the Mechanical Packs from invoking, anyone else also only getting 1g from each pack?
    I've opened several packs on different characters and the reward is consistently only 1g every single time.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    No problems from the event so far, drop rate is a little low but I have indeed seen the grommets drop while scaled down. Also you can make the component pieces through crafting (I believe each one has a recipe) if you want to increase your results.
    since mod 15, they took away crafters and we hadnt got those replaced for events, one of devs' bad call to professions. they killed so much since winter festival 2018. none of it replaced. new fishing was distaster.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Only the grommet drops. Everything above that has to be made. There are options in professions for making for the event.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited June 2019
    The thread about this issue on "bug reports" has been removed. It has been merged here
    Post edited by rishikesa#0564 on
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW