test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy Campaign weekly - Icewind Dale Epic Heroics bug

raven#3338 raven Member Posts: 290 Arc User
Tried to complete Icewind Dale legacy campaign with no success. Epic heroics in both Icewind Pass and Dwarven Valley spawn rarely (like Remorrhaz every 4 hours...) and even when I complete it, it doesn't count as completed for Sybella quest (not talking about remo hunt, it's not epic anyways). Same goes for Black Ice Beholder, doesn't count even when completed. People are confused, to say the least :) Would appreciate if someone took a look into this issue.
Also the lag is significant currently in Icewind Dale.

Comments

• chaotisedchaotised Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yeah, can add my voice to that. Waited for epic HE for ages in Pass or Dwarven valley. I died while waiting. Typing from beyond the Vale.
  • pegasus782#5144 pegasus782 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Same here. Remo didn't count for me and I've been waiting for another for over an hour.

Edit: apparently I did the wrong remo. But still, no epics have spawned in the 2 hours I've now been here.
    Post edited by pegasus782#5144 on
  • bambambunnybambambunny Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Add my voice too. Why make a quest that need a heroic that does not spawn. I think I will just ignore this quest coz its so frustrating.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I ran the Epic in Dwarven Valley (save the prospectors) twice, finished it twice, and it did not count towards the Epic HE.

• pegasus782#5144 pegasus782 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I'm up to 2 hours now, with no completion.
  • sinneblomsinneblom Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    the black beholder in dwarven valley count for the epic but the spawn is rare and the time i don't know.
  • kaelisraenamalkaelisraenamal Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Pls Fix, at least make it a regular spawn like the draconic advisors in well of dragons. and availiable in ALL instances, since we cannot change instances in IWD, i dont even know why we cant change instances
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Add my voice to this growing chorus, 10+ man Prospectors popped after waiting about an hour, completed it no worries, but it did not count towards challenge campaign. wth is going on? Is there a sepcific one we have to complete or is this just another failure of programming?
  • rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    No devs here... pls replay !
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
    Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
    Pallyda ---> growing up OP
  • svendahlsvendahl Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Stop letting the Hamsters do the programming
  • mimicking#6533 mimicking Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 83 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone, We are looking into this, but have not had the same reproduction steps as you. We will continue to work on it though. Thanks for your patience

M.K.
    Go ahead, click on the chest...
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Did something get hotfixed? I saw three Remorhaz HEs in the course of a few hours and just as I was logging out another one got called out in chat.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

Hi everyone, We are looking into this, but have not had the same reproduction steps as you. We will continue to work on it though. Thanks for your patience

M.K.

@mimicking#6533 try checking it on live server while the legacy quest for icewindale heroics is active and see how long it takes to wait for remoharz epic heroic encounter to pop up when last one was done
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Did something get hotfixed? I saw three Remorhaz HEs in the course of a few hours and just as I was logging out another one got called out in chat.

the problem with icewind pass and dwarven valley is that we can't transfer to other players instance because of the pvp section on each map, to change to their instance we need to go to either caer konig or DV or IWP depending where you are and get back to map other player in party are, if all party members are on different IWP or DV maps if you are doing behoder he in DV or remoharz in IWP, we will need to wait rest of party to change to other areas until all are ready to go to same instance party leader is.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The general problem with these is that the big HEs in DV and IWP spawns quite rarely, combined with way increased kill speed compared to old times.

In old times you could be told about a spawn, and still have lots of time to get there since it took a considerable time to kill. These day it is dead 2 minuets after spawn.

In old times there were 5-10 instances of DV and IWP up, so you could find spawns of the BHEs at a reasonable rate even if they only spawned each 3 hours in each instance. Today there only is one instance open of each.

Those two effects combined makes it next to impossible to find a BHE in DV and IWP.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User

M.K.

LOL!

Thommy try playing the game from time to time. It has been hotfixed by one of your fellas (prolly in a ninja patch). Now it spawns frequently at least on iwp and quest can be done
  • juanblade1juanblade1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    i hope they soon fix this... I hope... (Morgan Freeman Voice)
  • doublewulfdoublewulf Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Okay, I just completed the Black Ice Beholder 10+ heroic in Dwarven Valley and got the completion for Legacy campaigns. It looks like the difference is whether or not there are 10 or more participants completing the heroic, otherwise it just won't count.