test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy: Caer-konig

bluez#8817 bluez Member Posts: 104 Arc User
It would be really nice if you are going to have God knows how many people do and epic HE that you might actually have one spawn every once in a while. I've been hanging out between Icewind and Dwarven Valley now for the better part of 5 hours... and nothing .. I'm calling HAMSTER ~~~~

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    No worse than what happens in the River District, where you have to donate to the ship to trigger the epic. And most times there is no more than 2 instances open, so it may take a long time to get enough donations.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I asked for last stream why they keep making content gated behind BHE and population in the game at any given time for completion of either campaigns or legacy, this question wasnt judged good enough for the stream ^^
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Not only remoraz and beholder should be considered as "epic"
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The only HE even close to Caer-Konig is The Need For Mead. It don't count.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I waited for over an hour last night in IWP for Remo. No show. Since this zone is considered "legacy", how about changing it to spawn every 10 minutes?
    I aim to misbehave
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Also players were reporting in game that Remoraz wasn't even counting towards the Legacy Campaign completion of "an epic Heroic Encounter" in game yesterday. So most players are assuming its bugged. Please fix. Lol.
  • genadine#7803 genadine Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Waited 2 hours 45 this morning for Remo to spawn, in that time we had 3 Mother Loads spawn. Was advised for the encounter to be concidered won you MUST mine at least once during the event.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    The Legacy campaigns have 2 problems so far:

1) Not all quests count for the “do 5 quests” task.

2) So far in IWD the only confirmed to work Epic is the Beholder in Valley.

Both of these are frustrating and the HE one is made worse because no HE describes itself as “Epic”, there is no clear definition on the player end of what should count.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.

The Legacy campaigns have 2 problems so far:

1) Not all quests count for the “do 5 quests” task.

2) So far in IWD the only confirmed to work Epic is the Beholder in Valley.

Both of these are frustrating and the HE one is made worse because no HE describes itself as “Epic”, there is no clear definition on the player end of what should count.

Agree 100% on this.

Shoddy work on the wording as well [as usual]

1) Chultan adventures for example - Patrols Count towards the total, dailies in Soshenstar dont
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Black Ice Beholder does not always give credit for the quest either. I managed to join the encounter when it was below 50% HP, and was awarded 25 black ice. I still need to do a epic heroic.
  • jeboleth#9086 jeboleth Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    After the second day of camping for this I dropped the quest. I have better things to spend my time. The rewards are not worth this much investment.
  • mourianamouriana Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Agree with the frustration and ideas to address it. Legacy quests should be based on skill, diligence, and possibly a little grinding (like the treasure ship in the River District that you can force to spawn by donating enough), but never just the tiny chance of luck that you happen to be able to play AND in the right spot during the 2 minutes per day that the requisite quest happens to randomly spawn.

Honestly, it feels like the developers are trying to force us to learn patience, like the holier-than-thou drivers who drive slow in the passing lane to make sure everyone else drives the speed limit or below.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Probably more likely that this was done copy and paste style. Create a template for 1 Epic and 3 small HEs. They adjusted it for Underdark as it works differently. For the ithe campaigns with Heroics, a cursory check was made that yes it had epics and they just paste it in.

All of the later campaigns have predictable spawning rules for their epics. SKT cycles with a new one starting as soon as the last ends. RD, Chult and Barovia cycle an hour from when it ends per instance, with summonable ones in RD and Omu.

Curse of Icewind Dale follows no such rules and no testing was put into place before the new system was put in place... much as was done with Tales..., Lunar New Year, CTA season. The lack of any quality testing is draining the life out of this game as surely as the scaling was.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

Probably more likely that this was done copy and paste style. Create a template for 1 Epic and 3 small HEs. They adjusted it for Underdark as it works differently. For the ithe campaigns with Heroics, a cursory check was made that yes it had epics and they just paste it in.

All of the later campaigns have predictable spawning rules for their epics. SKT cycles with a new one starting as soon as the last ends. RD, Chult and Barovia cycle an hour from when it ends per instance, with summonable ones in RD and Omu.

Curse of Icewind Dale follows no such rules and no testing was put into place before the new system was put in place... much as was done with Tales..., Lunar New Year, CTA season. The lack of any quality testing is draining the life out of this game as surely as the scaling was.

Yes! Its the lack of thinking and quality testing. It would take ten minutes to work out that the IWD Epic Heroics only spawn every 20 years or so. Ok maybe an hour or so...

But still surely to HAMSTER someone somewhere says "hey shall we test this and see if it works?"

Then again obviously not
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    gave up waiting, call it BS, and deleted, wait til next monday for weekly reset
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    wylonus said:

gave up waiting, call it BS, and deleted, wait til next monday for weekly reset

For the future, don't delete - the quest doesn't need to be removed for you to get 3 new challenge campaign quests.

I do agree that having the BHE tied to a pair of zones where there is only 1 applicable BHE, that only spawns on a 3 hour timer, and you are unable to jump to an instance to get to a BHE that *has* spawned, was a really bad idea.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    The fact that this area has the BHE setup on a 3 hour timer is a bad idea. The timer needs to be in the 60 minute range to work well.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

I do agree that having the BHE tied to a pair of zones where there is only 1 applicable BHE, that only spawns on a 3 hour timer, and you are unable to jump to an instance to get to a BHE that *has* spawned, was a really bad idea.

Or, at the very least, put some kind of indicator on the HUD as to when the next BHE will pop. Maybe like the Barovia day/night setup?

I aim to misbehave