test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free action house posting fee/VIP

altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
I really like this game. I have played this game before VIP was ever anounced.
Thats why I know how this game felt before VIP was even introduced to Neverwinter.
I dont care if devs made more money by introducing this VIP model, they probebly did make more money by doing so!!
Thats fantastic good for you Cryptic but for every player hooked on the VIP model you also still had/have players who refused this model.
Players like me refused to gather astral diamonds for Zen exchange.
I have been living on our Earth (Tellus) long enough to say that as long as you need to pay for VIP you are actually not VIP at all.
VIP stands for Very Important Person and no WAY!! you are important to anyone as long as you are paying for that title...laughing…
It was crystal clare for me from start that ZEN is pay to get better faster then players not paying this currency.
For me it does not matter how you get ZEN.
Is it by actual money? Or by converting astral diamonds to Zen? It does not matter Neverwinter is called free to play and ZEN currency makes it very clare that you can also pay reale money/ZEN to skip entre mods and still get all boons from all campagins.
When we talk about action house fee for posting items I am emberesed by seen items for sale for millions by one or two players when everyone else have the same thing posted for sale for like 25k.
When these 125 actions with items for sale 19-25k ad and 2 players have same item listed for 2,5mil you know something is wrong.
These 2 players have VIP and did not need to pay 10% in action fee before posting.
They can write what ever nubers they like on AH.
This makes it possible for them to post items for any cost and the result of posting items for any cost makes
devs look as smart as donkys.
Not seeng this one coming and action house listing in Neverwinter feels more like a joke then real deal.

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @altmerpower you better watch it, every time I tell players I don't do VIP, I get the raspberry. :smile:

I understand what you are talking about (to some degree) that VIP by eliminating the posting fee in the AH causes some very ludicrous prices. However the more common place these items are, those absurd prices get buried. I don't discourage people from getting VIP, it is just something I refuse to do. They claim it is a boon and I see it as a bane. The only thing Cryptic offers (in my opinion) worse than VIP is the campaign tokens. This could be looked at as pay to win, but I see it as pay not to play. The only reward, if you call it that, is the boon points from the campaign. As we all know those are worth about +1% buff for an entire campaign.

VIP players will now come in here and tell us both we are "wrong" but I don't mind. They are my AD minions and I love them for it. :love:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Personally, I'm a big fan of VIP - a lot of the items are dreadfully convenient - the bank and vendor especially. It makes inventory management exceptionally easier. But if that's not for you, *shrug* - it's your game, enjoy it how you like. It's not 'wrong' to not have VIP any more than it's not 'wrong' to not have a car with cruise control. It's more convenient, but not necessary.

As for posting fees - again, if you don't want to list at those prices, don't, and enjoy the AD when your item sells while the vastly overpriced item sits there (though it is far more likely that the item was posted there for a far different purpose).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    cdnbison said:

As for posting fees - again, if you don't want to list at those prices, don't, and enjoy the AD when your item sells while the vastly overpriced item sits there (though it is far more likely that the item was posted there for a far different purpose).

One different purpose of posting the higher than normal price in AH is not because people wants to sell the item but wants to use it as a way to get 'free' extra storage for that item.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User

cdnbison said:

One different purpose of posting the higher than normal price in AH is not because people wants to sell the item but wants to use it as a way to get 'free' extra storage for that item.
    Actually, Auction House spaces are limited by your mail box, so if you have like 30 items in your mail box, you can't post a thing in the Auction House, and the posting fee dependes mostly in the value of the item you post, so if you post an altar at 100 million, the posting fee still would be low, like 5 ad maybe? and if you post a legendary mount at 10 ad, the posting fee would be like 100k.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    divectore said:

cdnbison said:

Actually, Auction House spaces are limited by your mail box, so if you have like 30 items in your mail box, you can't post a thing in the Auction House, and the posting fee dependes mostly in the value of the item you post, so if you post an altar at 100 million, the posting fee still would be low, like 5 ad maybe? and if you post a legendary mount at 10 ad, the posting fee would be like 100k.
    It is not limited by your mailbox. It is limited by how many item you put in your AH. (The number of mail returned by AH that still has item attached + number of active AH post) cannot be greater than 40. Every mail returned by AH with an item attachment reduces one AH post slot. That is why you can see something like "No item found (25 sales slots left)" when you have 0 posting in AH.
    That is you could have extra 40 mails with an item attachment per character.
    And, I have many characters.

Posting fee of a 1 million AD (without VIP) of one altar is 20K AD.
    If you post a legendary mount at 10 AD, the posting fee will be 0.
    The posting fee increases and decreases with your starting bid (or buyout price if there is no starting bid) and has nothing to do with what the item is.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***