test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You call this a game ?

detectivodetectivo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2019 in General Discussion (PC)
Today I made new character. After playing some levels all I see is:

Story instance bosses die from 1 encounter.
Strong mobs die from 1 encounter.
Group of monsters die from 1 aoe encounter.
I don't lose hp.
I don't need gear, consumables, companion.
Daily can one shot a God.

If this is a game then I miss something.. what is the point ? Surely you must have some hidden goal because what I can see doesn't resemble a game.

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Get to 80 and then let us know if you feel the same?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    detectivo said:

I don't lose hp.

If this is a game then I miss something.. what is the point ? Surely you must have some hidden goal because what I can see doesn't resemble a game.

See progression used to be smooth and intriguing till they reworked the whole system for Module 16. Now stuff that was balanced to feel right at low levels was not properly adjusted. It does get harder, almost unfairly hard at times later on. when you get into the higher levels 75-80 you wiill often feel a little weak, becuase that is were all the focus is.

i get the impression they want you to speed through all the older content so you can get to the later modules. The low level content is an after thought it feels to be sure.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    bpstuart said:

detectivo said:

I don't lose hp.

See progression used to be smooth and intriguing till they reworked the whole system for Module 16. Now stuff that was balanced to feel right at low levels was not properly adjusted. It does get harder, almost unfairly hard at times later on. when you get into the higher levels 75-80 you wiill often feel a little weak, becuase that is were all the focus is.

i get the impression they want you to speed through all the older content so you can get to the later modules. The low level content is an after thought it feels to be sure.
    Its very interesting how new players perceive the levelling vs. lvl 70(80) content including scaling/stats/dungeon issues.
    I remember how long my first char took me to get to not only lvl 70 but also to get it "working fit". This seems to easy/short now, which leaves out some practise/exp with the game and the class and shoves us all together into the same content that turns out frustrating in that way.
    - bye bye -
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I pugged into nDemo last night and was the first time since mod 8 I had a fail.

The first stage, someone(s) were opening every portal.

Second stage, they seemed to think aiming Gorristro at the black portals was a 'good' idea'.

The thrid stage would have made Monty Python proud, almost everyone seemed to be following the 'Run Away' philosophy. I say almost everyone because at that point you had about 4 people sitting at the camp fire.

EDIT:

Ohh and you are so gonna love soloing Fane, good luck.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    bpstuart said:

One of the goals of M16 was atracting new players
    Seems that new players love easy games, maybe they could rework leveling 1-70 to:

Cutscene
    Push square
    Cutscene
    Push triangle
    Custcene
    Push A
    Yayyy you are level 70!!! Want a mount? -> zen store.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    When you see bugs and still new nerf ench, char etc. then you will know this game. If you start in this game, trust me, don't waste your time.
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    If you don't wanna feel too op while levelling, run levelling dungeons.
  • falsefablefalsefable Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    detectivo said:

I don't lose hp.

I see the same with my characters under level 15. My level 30 Cleric, however, starts to see more challenging encounters, and I've been run off from some fights. So it seems like there's a difficulty scaling issue that goes away.

• rapidstar#3272 rapidstar Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I agree with @detectivo. I started new character (DC) and its way to easy. It doesnt matter to me but it can be discouraging for new players and if the game doesnt get more players then its gonna die soon.
  • aodfireravenaodfireraven Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I'm curious how many of these older players that start new characters and say it's too easy, are running a new toon with no guild bonuses etc.
    Personally not seeing any issues at lower levels but stronghold has gotten frustrating when doing an encounter and a trash mob gets involved. Even with my lvl 80's that rely on dodging,it's frustrating since they are on you almost instantly due to the movement nerf (punishing all players in an attempt to correct the bad behavior of some is a really stupid idea) and can cause you to run into other trash mobs.
  • pwimagicgamepwimagicgame Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Ahhhh, but don't forget a load of adverts still trundle across the middle of your screen.... yup it's a game, cryptic style!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    its not really a complaint, but it doesnt feel like it used to. There are far more broken things in the game then leveling..
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

Ahhhh, but don't forget a load of adverts still trundle across the middle of your screen.... yup it's a game, cryptic style!

You can move them away from the middle of your screen.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

I'm curious how many of these older players that start new characters and say it's too easy, are running a new toon with no guild bonuses etc.
    Personally not seeing any issues at lower levels but stronghold has gotten frustrating when doing an encounter and a trash mob gets involved. Even with my lvl 80's that rely on dodging,it's frustrating since they are on you almost instantly due to the movement nerf (punishing all players in an attempt to correct the bad behavior of some is a really stupid idea) and can cause you to run into other trash mobs.

New as less than level 30 is easy.
    Level 80 character can be hard because of scaling.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User

I am one of those older players that runs older content with new characters, no guild bonuses or trickery. The Difficulty is all over the place. Some things are laughably easy then suddenly you will fall to mundane enemies. The difficulty does not feel consistent through out. Some bosses get 2 shotted and some normal mobs spray you across the walls in a weird mess of difficulty slops that weren't there prior to Mod16. It is too easy till it suddenly gets harder than it should so i can see why people would say both, cause both are kinda true. Karsov had to be adjusted after Mod16 launch it isn't just Newbies not knowing how to play.

I really enjoyed low level content Pre mod16, you would get a power point each level up, you could choose a new power, you felt stronger, you made choices and continued. Now you only get powers at level milestones and every so often you can choose one feat after resigning yourself to a paragon path. It really aint what it used to be, and the elegent comfortable difficulty curve that i remember is now a mess of hills and valleys.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.