test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should we raise stats cap a little bit?

superstevenshusuperstevenshu Member Posts: 187 Arc User
Anyone else feels defense/armor pen/crit/awareness/deflect/crit avoidance is too easy to be capped especially armor pen and crit? Almost every dps is switching to radiant enchantment now. All other enchantment seems <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for dps. Check AH price, the low cap is destroying the game economy as well as making the game less strategic. 50% cap is too low.

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Anyone else feels defense/armor pen/crit/awareness/deflect/crit avoidance is too easy to be capped especially armor pen and crit? Almost every dps is switching to radiant enchantment now. All other enchantment seems HAMSTER for dps. Check AH price, the low cap is destroying the game economy as well as making the game less strategic. 50% cap is too low.

The general overall stat from gear pieces should be dropped by 10-25% instead. This would be better and easier fix than raising the stats.

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    They should low gear stats and Up enchants stats.

It has no sense that double and triple stats are useless.

They can change double and triple enchant stats maybe they should add other secondary stats like incoming healing comp influence etc.
    Post edited by darthpotater on
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Reduce the "combined gear rating" makes more sense that reducing gear stats.
    I wish they did it already.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    I doubt they'd do anything too drastic that risks further upsetting the apple cart, but going into M17 and beyond they could simply raise critter ratings.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

Reduce the "combined gear rating" makes more sense that reducing gear stats.
    I wish they did it already.

you mean remove it. also I wouldn't mind at all if in addition to removing the combined rating they took 1/2 the stats off all the gear. would "maybe" make double and triple stat enchantments viable again.
    Does the patch today change enchantments usage now? I know it was all radiants for offense and defense for most damage dealer builds. Has this changed?
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    vorphied said:

I doubt they'd do anything too drastic that risks further upsetting the apple cart, but going into M17 and beyond they could simply raise critter ratings.

From what I got from their explanations during Preview, that is the intention.
    Everything from hereon in will be "Level 80", but the monster stats on each new mod will be an increase on the ones in the previous Mod. (Zone stats will be lower than Dungeon stats.)

They will need to be really careful how much of an increase they make, because they will need to balance it with similar attainable increases in Stats through either gear, companions, new Boons, or whatever other method of improving stats. But as that develops over time, it will make access to new Mods a lot harder for new players.

If, say, Mod 20 has L80 Mobs that are +30 or 40K per stat compared to Underdark's L80s, and players who have developed with Mods 16-20, those players will essentially be "On Par" with the opposing mobs. But the guys just starting Underdark won't have a cat in Hell's chance.

Unless, Gods forbid, they continue with the approach taken with the past two High Level Mods (14, and 16,) where new gear is essentially given to players as soon as they accept the quest to play the Mod, and are somewhat artificially bumped up to an acceptable level for the new content.
    There needs to be a sweet spot between being mind bogglingly hard, and being given the means to participate on a silver plattter... and THAT will be the challenge when designing any new post Mod 16 content.
    edited June 2019

vorphied said:

From what I got from their explanations during Preview, that is the intention.
    Everything from hereon in will be "Level 80", but the monster stats on each new mod will be an increase on the ones in the previous Mod. (Zone stats will be lower than Dungeon stats.)

They will need to be really careful how much of an increase they make, because they will need to balance it with similar attainable increases in Stats through either gear, companions, new Boons, or whatever other method of improving stats. But as that develops over time, it will make access to new Mods a lot harder for new players.

If, say, Mod 20 has L80 Mobs that are +30 or 40K per stat compared to Underdark's L80s, and players who have developed with Mods 16-20, those players will essentially be "On Par" with the opposing mobs. But the guys just starting Underdark won't have a cat in Hell's chance.

Unless, Gods forbid, they continue with the approach taken with the past two High Level Mods (14, and 16,) where new gear is essentially given to players as soon as they accept the quest to play the Mod, and are somewhat artificially bumped up to an acceptable level for the new content.
    There needs to be a sweet spot between being mind bogglingly hard, and being given the means to participate on a silver plattter... and THAT will be the challenge when designing any new post Mod 16 content.
    The part where it is handed on a silver platter is where the game is probably going. I mean they want more players to have access to end game faster; this means providing enchantments and gear when a player hits 80. It is the easiest way to ensure more players are at end game faster and spending money.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    but.. there is literally nothing to spend your money on.. all companions were made worthless, boons give little value, most enchants are worthless..

There is no deviation whatsoever in any builds..

you cant even play around with weapon enchants.. they are all within a small % of each other..

but.. there is literally nothing to spend your money on.. all companions were made worthless, boons give little value, most enchants are worthless..

you cant even play around with weapon enchants.. they are all within a small % of each other..

If you are a new player than you will spend money on upgrading some things. You will also spend money on legendary mount if you want one, etc... Getting players to end game, who are new is a top priority and a sure way to get money if the player gets invested into the game.

It took me 18 months before I decided to really spend and get 3 character to almost 18K. Than with mod 16 that impacted my desire to play all three characters.

Fighter and clerics changed so much that I put those characters on the shelf and now only play my wizard. I also use to put $100 a month or so to open LB, get coal wards, etc... Now I'm done spending as I see not point with all R14 enchantments. The difference between R14 and R15 is not worth investing into given that there is only one level 80 dungeon that is really not even worth running for the gear.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited June 2019

If you are a new player than you will spend money on upgrading some things. You will also spend money on legendary mount if you want one, etc... Getting players to end game, who are new is a top priority and a sure way to get money if the player gets invested into the game.

It took me 18 months before I decided to really spend and get 3 character to almost 18K. Than with mod 16 that impacted my desire to play all three characters.

Fighter and clerics changed so much that I put those characters on the shelf and now only play my wizard. I also use to put $100 a month or so to open LB, get coal wards, etc... Now I'm done spending as I see not point with all R14 enchantments. The difference between R14 and R15 is not worth investing into given that there is only one level 80 dungeon that is really not even worth running for the gear.
    There is plenty to spend depending on what you want to run, and how good you want it to be, as always.
    I mean, it of course heavily depends on what you had before. As always, again. If you want power/ca companions now, you want them at leg. I didn't even have half of my current companions I slotted for their power/ca and semi-useful second stats, and I for sure didn't have them at leg.
    I had a tiger, archons, razorwood. I'm still laughing about how much that cost me and I'm not using any of those now.
    Then you might need to buy (unless ur lucky) a new set if you need it, and the new artifacts you want to upgrade.
    With how much power you can gain from that stuff alone (comps + artifacts, + a dmg artifact) I don't see how they "are worthless" - boons are far more useless, and took far longer, same as upgrading weapon enchants...
    However: many many players dont even have higher ranked bondings, if they even had bondings before this mod. They can't easily afford a deepcrow hatchling or a leg power mount (if you can spare some, I could need one) and there IS a hell of a difference between 20k players with 70k power and a normal comp and a 22k with 140k+ power and a leg augment.
    It is very noticable.
    I know that builds are simple now, and I'm frustrated, too. But it's not like my main runs just like one of my alts I ran the new content with too - if the stats are off or your lacking dmg, its still a very very different experience.

And while I DO have a pretty easy/decent time with my main, RQing with it and seeing the struggle is hard to see because its punishing people who came on like me to have fun, and they aren't. At least from what I've seen.

Offtopic... (I need to rant, my bad):
    "Oh but it wasn't cool how 'endgame' players rushed through content and new players couldn't keep up"
    That hasn't changed! I'm so salty about that. A fellow guildy of mine started some weeks ago and can't do FBI, but can queue (and is, afaik) LoMM. LIKE. (No offense to that player. If I could've, I would've done that too.)
    I still have an easy time in stuff! Just like before, only that it takes longer and is far more frustrating.
    Do I still stand in red? Hell yes. Sometimes I move a bit more often. Do I still burn stuff? Yes. I can only imagine how ppl far better than me browse through content (as they should, they spent a long time and work on their chars for that) I don't wanna queue anything tho, if it isn't premade. (Who thought I would hit my friends list up for rlq/riq in mod 16 lol) Because what was supposed to help new players backfired in my opinion. Its not "hard", it doesn't make me think. It makes me wanna stop playing.
    Heist, for example, is something you get to play after a lvling campaign. It's annoying.
    I know it's gonna be adressed. Yeah. Its June. I have been here for a while, I have other ways to make AD and if I don't wanna play I chat with my friends, but I'm pretty sure that people that just finished a campaign for the first time are thirstyyy for that dungeon. And then... "PERSISH YOU FOOLS"
    Pls. Demo is not supposed to be difficult (not even inconvenient in my opinion) for people that can run LoMM.
    I still don't understand that. I queue Demo and after I waited for so long I forgot I was queueing and it finally pops and - it's doable! Easy just like before with alliance members. Demo burns with 22k ppl that know what to do. But who really wants to play Demo.. New ppl! They heard you can make AD with it. They saw a video about it, heard it from guild members, see it in campaign, they run it, and it's not fun.
    And I really don't want failed Demo runs, so I won't rq it, if I don't have at least some ppl I know with me.
    And, considering how long it takes to pop, many people think along those lines.

So - ONTOPIC:
    It makes a hell of a difference if you have the means to change your stats in a good direction. If you've been here for a while, you have several comps you can switch and adjust stats, I wouldn't need to invest in double/triple stat enchants (even tho I have some... I think. Who knows.) simply because I can just swap out some other stuff if we adjusted the stats cap.
    I'm pretty sure we would just hit cap again.

Get rid of combined - give it a bit, and ppl will cap the most important stats again like its nothing. Some people have the resources (and they know their game, like, why get rid of something if you just KNOW in a mod or two you will need it again cause some stuff has been turned upside down again) and those that don't either try to catch up or get bored of that sooner or later.

I had a good laugh or two when I saw this mods gear on preview. I had hunts gear. I never touched CR, and I did like... 1 K-Team. It didn't matter anyway, and I was so glad I didn't invest my time into that. Then I got a bit sad, because even tho thats how the game works... progression is what it's called I think lol but... to think that you could get that gear with seals but it would be WORTHLESS now is ... tough love.
    All you needed to do is do the campaign and run some MEs. A few (or many in my case) more MEs for the weapons. Thats it.

Oh that was a lot, I'm sorry.
    - bye bye -

There is plenty to spend depending on what you want to run, and how good you want it to be, as always.
    I mean, it of course heavily depends on what you had before. As always, again. If you want power/ca companions now, you want them at leg. I didn't even have half of my current companions I slotted for their power/ca and semi-useful second stats, and I for sure didn't have them at leg.
    I had a tiger, archons, razorwood. I'm still laughing about how much that cost me and I'm not using any of those now.
    Then you might need to buy (unless ur lucky) a new set if you need it, and the new artifacts you want to upgrade.
    With how much power you can gain from that stuff alone (comps + artifacts, + a dmg artifact) I don't see how they "are worthless" - boons are far more useless, and took far longer, same as upgrading weapon enchants...
    However: many many players dont even have higher ranked bondings, if they even had bondings before this mod. They can't easily afford a deepcrow hatchling or a leg power mount (if you can spare some, I could need one) and there IS a hell of a difference between 20k players with 70k power and a normal comp and a 22k with 140k+ power and a leg augment.
    It is very noticable.
    I know that builds are simple now, and I'm frustrated, too. But it's not like my main runs just like one of my alts I ran the new content with too - if the stats are off or your lacking dmg, its still a very very different experience.

And while I DO have a pretty easy/decent time with my main, RQing with it and seeing the struggle is hard to see because its punishing people who came on like me to have fun, and they aren't. At least from what I've seen.

Offtopic... (I need to rant, my bad):
    "Oh but it wasn't cool how 'endgame' players rushed through content and new players couldn't keep up"
    That hasn't changed! I'm so salty about that. A fellow guildy of mine started some weeks ago and can't do FBI, but can queue (and is, afaik) LoMM. LIKE. (No offense to that player. If I could've, I would've done that too.)
    I still have an easy time in stuff! Just like before, only that it takes longer and is far more frustrating.
    Do I still stand in red? Hell yes. Sometimes I move a bit more often. Do I still burn stuff? Yes. I can only imagine how ppl far better than me browse through content (as they should, they spent a long time and work on their chars for that) I don't wanna queue anything tho, if it isn't premade. (Who thought I would hit my friends list up for rlq/riq in mod 16 lol) Because what was supposed to help new players backfired in my opinion. Its not "hard", it doesn't make me think. It makes me wanna stop playing.
    Heist, for example, is something you get to play after a lvling campaign. It's annoying.
    I know it's gonna be adressed. Yeah. Its June. I have been here for a while, I have other ways to make AD and if I don't wanna play I chat with my friends, but I'm pretty sure that people that just finished a campaign for the first time are thirstyyy for that dungeon. And then... "PERSISH YOU FOOLS"
    Pls. Demo is not supposed to be difficult (not even inconvenient in my opinion) for people that can run LoMM.
    I still don't understand that. I queue Demo and after I waited for so long I forgot I was queueing and it finally pops and - it's doable! Easy just like before with alliance members. Demo burns with 22k ppl that know what to do. But who really wants to play Demo.. New ppl! They heard you can make AD with it. They saw a video about it, heard it from guild members, see it in campaign, they run it, and it's not fun.
    And I really don't want failed Demo runs, so I won't rq it, if I don't have at least some ppl I know with me.
    And, considering how long it takes to pop, many people think along those lines.

So - ONTOPIC:
    It makes a hell of a difference if you have the means to change your stats in a good direction. If you've been here for a while, you have several comps you can switch and adjust stats, I wouldn't need to invest in double/triple stat enchants (even tho I have some... I think. Who knows.) simply because I can just swap out some other stuff if we adjusted the stats cap.
    I'm pretty sure we would just hit cap again.

Get rid of combined - give it a bit, and ppl will cap the most important stats again like its nothing. Some people have the resources (and they know their game, like, why get rid of something if you just KNOW in a mod or two you will need it again cause some stuff has been turned upside down again) and those that don't either try to catch up or get bored of that sooner or later.

I had a good laugh or two when I saw this mods gear on preview. I had hunts gear. I never touched CR, and I did like... 1 K-Team. It didn't matter anyway, and I was so glad I didn't invest my time into that. Then I got a bit sad, because even tho thats how the game works... progression is what it's called I think lol but... to think that you could get that gear with seals but it would be WORTHLESS now is ... tough love.
    All you needed to do is do the campaign and run some MEs. A few (or many in my case) more MEs for the weapons. Thats it.

Oh that was a lot, I'm sorry.
    No need to apologize. I'm hearing a variety of things on this game from the good to the bad. When I first looked into all the changes to the game my very first reaction was Cryptic is making these changes to generate some additional revenue off long time players.

I than took a step back to look at all of the changes and I was right. Every aspect of the game that is changing has a cost to players. The players who want it immediately to be near top gear score or best in slot for their class have the in game resources or will put money towards their character(s). The later is why I believe quite a few of mod 16 changes occurred. Here is the kicker, some players used the merchant to swap gems and with the recent changes this impacted quite a few players.

Knowing how cryptic manages things, I'm sure mod 17 the change for players will be going from single stat enchantments back to double or triple stat enchantments do to even better gear and enemies having higher stats. I'm sure there will be changes to companions again as well streamlining them further. This means new companions taking the place of companions that provide stats, similar to how players went from stat companion to the various companions that provided damage buff.