Install Arc

Mod 16 from a returning player Point of view

2»

Comments

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Just a couple points here:
    allsins said:

The new Praying: The alts i had to Run Dungeons for the AD daily are completely useless now ( in terms of AD ) , wen we pray we don't get AD, we get rough AD that we have to run Dungeons to Obtain, i will never run Dungeons on them because they are completely useless there.

You don't need to run dungeons to get AD. If you have alts, try instead running weeklies and RLQs (random levelling queues) for AD. You can only refine 100k a day max account-wide now anyway, so it's actually not that hard to get to the limit especially if you have alts - no DDs required.

You do have to grind out the campaigns though, or in the case of DR, Shar, and IWD you have to get past the intro stuff only - but if you also grind out the tokens on your main(s) to give to your alts it will make it much easier.
    allsins said:

Have any of the developers ever read a novel in this universe? The Drizzt books for example...Barbarians don't wear Plate armor, Warlocks don't heal...

Not an exact match for what they're doing in Neverwinter, but there is a healer warlock build:
    http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/warlock:celestial
    I don't recall what source book this is from (Xanathar's guild maybe? Don't remember off hand). Personally, I think they should have made the healer path be Celestial and the DPS path be infernal... it would have made WAY more sense that way, but oh well.

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I hate scaling on any game. GW2, ESO or here, just such a cheap and tacky way to avoid doing work.

I realize these games are not 'realistic', but they should try to hold together on some level of physics. As a newbie I can defeat the evil wasps in two seconds with my 'newbie stick'. I come back 80 levels later and my 'Arch-lords wand of galactic power' takes five minutes to kill a wasp? Get lost.

STUPID.

Best post about scaling ever! Thank you
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    just asking anyone who played since NWO launched before patch update mod 1, remember when we started at 1st level, progression seem easy until mid 20's/30's, it was harder when we have low runes/enchants, and need several copies of those for refining and merging? also with horrible gears before getting first epic complete set.
    not many knew some tricks when they were beta testers and know how to play at their top form.

also, we out leveled some early zones preventing to get some loots and worthless, and no xp gained, and that when some created farmbots to loot chest and kit nodes while mobs are greyed out and docile, except for dungeons where the mobs are still aggressive even they are greyed-out. they knew those kit nodes will respawn in every 15 mins inside the dungeons after it was cleared of mobs.
    took devs long time to realized it and adjusted the codes on the nodes as 1 time spawns.
    fenris, check everquest 1 and 2, barbarians are considered a race/tribal, they can be any class as shaman, paladins, or blackguards, or even as bards.
    in my opunion, choosing as "barbarian" is totally wrong, seem those devs has one track minded as warriors, if wearing plates, they are consider as "Weapon Masters".
    to play barbarains for a figher class should be considered as "Warlord".
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    thanks for posting and took time to read. it just me that i dont believe that it is the class.
    in my view, it is still "errata" in older editions and seem they never fix it since 2nd edition.

you can still call them class. it not just me that would accept as class. someday some new editor will see and catch.
    we have many species and races, even orcs are barbarians and some orcs are even more civilized and advanced than barbarians kins. i feel the barbarians were mislabled as class instead of race/tribal, it is too broad, see Wulfgar, he from Elk Tribe and they are all barbarians, but dont forget they have barbarian shamans and barbarian scouts/archers.
    i prefer "warlord" or "berserker", to me, warlord are suppose to be tank archtype and berserker are mostly dps.

i checked and googled, so many variations. barbarians dont bend knees to kings, they have own caste.

as playing berserker if i want, i would love to see elite rage and made them become as werebears for extra type of damages. too nad these devs made it non-exist for becoming full berzerk rage into giant sized bears and the 5th edition book allows transformation effect. we are playing tame version sadly.