test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

where did the guild go??

One of our sword guilds has disappeared, the players who were in that guild no longer have a guild and it is not showing up on our lists.

When we looked for it the game said it doesnt exist, is it possible to get this back.

Answers

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I would suspect that the guild owner/owners would have to contact support to see if they can get the guild back. I do not think anyone in the forums can take care of it for you/them.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I assume guilds work the same on XB1 as they do on PC. I was a rank below the guild leader in the only "real" guild I belong to in the game. After 30 days absent, I was informed I could take over the guild as leader. Pushed a button and I was leader. I called the real guild leader (who is a big whale) and told him. He was amazed that could be done so easy. I handed back the leadership of course, he has spent too much of his time and money to have it claimed by someone who did not earn it. On average he plays the game about every 90 days, but now he logs on at least once a month to prevent the possible take over or I phone him and remind him.

Cryptic doesn't really care about your virtual items, and this quick leadership button appears on the Roster, when the leader is absent for 30 days. It is offered to the next "active rank" which means a lesser rank will get the option if all your officers are absent as well.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Which can lead to everyone getting kicked and the new leader having a lot of personal bank space and other goodies.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Which can lead to everyone getting kicked and the new leader having a lot of personal bank space and other goodies.

or a guild to sell...
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    almost certainly, a guild leader kicked everyone and renamed the guild.

perhaps an account got hacked, perhaps the guild leader abandoned the guild and someone took it over, or perhaps the guild leader was just selfish.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    memphisbelle#5300 memphisbelle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thank you guys,

Quic question, is the by character or by oxbox nam. Our highest player was online less that 30 days ago, but may not have logged into that guild could that be the issue which resulted in the take over button.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Character has to log in to maintain position.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    nigelnightmare1nigelnightmare1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Last year I was in hospital for 5 weeks, when I logged back on I found that I was suddenly the guild leader. :o
    It turned out that EVERYONE else had been BANNED from the game! :'(
    The really bad bit was that the guild had been reset to Lvl 1 from being Lvl 14.
    So there I was on my own in a guild with no players, no buildings, no boons NOTHING.
    Plus everything from the guild bank was gone and the repository's. :#
    Some of that stuff cost "real Money" from the ZEN market.

I shut it down and joined another guild.
    Three weeks later that was closed because of player mass exodus (lots of High Lvl guilds crying out for people).

Now I'm in a guild that's Lvl 4 and since Mod 16 nobody CAN do anything.
    A few of us teamed up and ran a few Stronghold quests but it was hard going and took forever AND we had to run through them 5 times (once for each character in the team) to get the rewards.
    NOW @Lvl 80 it's sort of do-able but still bloody hard work.
  • Options
    kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    > @nigelnightmare1 said:
    > Last year I was in hospital for 5 weeks, when I logged back on I found that I was suddenly the guild leader. :o
    > It turned out that EVERYONE else had been BANNED from the game! :'(
    > The really bad bit was that the guild had been reset to Lvl 1 from being Lvl 14.
    > So there I was on my own in a guild with no players, no buildings, no boons NOTHING.
    > Plus everything from the guild bank was gone and the repository's. :#
    > Some of that stuff cost "real Money" from the ZEN market.
    >
    > I shut it down and joined another guild.
    > Three weeks later that was closed because of player mass exodus (lots of High Lvl guilds crying out for people).
    >
    > Now I'm in a guild that's Lvl 4 and since Mod 16 nobody CAN do anything.
    > A few of us teamed up and ran a few Stronghold quests but it was hard going and took forever AND we had to run through them 5 times (once for each character in the team) to get the rewards.
    > NOW @Lvl 80 it's sort of do-able but still bloody hard work.
    >

You probably worked hard, but I recommend just leaving and joining a lvl 20 guild, or at least like 15
  • Options
    nigelnightmare1nigelnightmare1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    That's the main problem.
    They (the Dev's) have killed the guild system.
    All these guilds started by Lvl 40 players are completely stagnant until the members get to Lvl 80 as the whole area is set/scaled to Lvl 80.
    Nobody (who's able to i.e. Lvl 80) seems to want to work to get their guild levelled up they'd rather quit and go to a high Lvl guild (instant benefits without any work/commitments).
    That is IF that guild actually wants them as most are elitist and only accept High Lvl/IL "end game" players.

Don't believe me, try running some guild quests in a new guild with a group of 10+ Lvl 40's.
    Let me & everybody else know how you get on (maybe post a video of it so that the Dev's can see it and hopefully sort something out).

P.S.
    We're now Lvl 10 struggling but getting there.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

We're now Lvl 10 struggling but getting there.

Well, are you in a decent alliance? Many high-level guilds welcome a lower-lever guild or two into their alliance, so they have a place to dump the various currencies for guild marks.
    Hoping for improvements...